komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2017, 6:57 pm

MidoriNoKaori wrote:
komamanga wrote:
I'd love to learn Finnish.

Hei ja tervetuloa Wrong Planetille :-)

Mistä olet kotoisin ja miksi haluat opiskella suomea? Mistä olet kiinnostunut Suomessa tao suomen kielen opiskelussa?

Hello and welcome to Wrong Planet :-)

May I ask where are you from and why would you like to learn Finnish? In which things you are you interested (I mean concerning Finland and studying Finnish?)

I don't know any Finnish but i've always found the language so poetic so beautiful to listen. I tried learning it as a kid but forgot about it all when other languages interrupted... I'm a Turkish girl living in Czech Republic.
I wanted to always visit the country too and last year i finally had the chance to spend 3 days in Helsinki and one day in Turku. It was beautiful. I will definitely go again if i can overcome the financial problems.

Oh, I'm so glad actually that you wrote! Thank you!

MidoriNoKaori
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Feb 2017, 12:38 am

komamanga wrote:
MidoriNoKaori wrote:
komamanga wrote:

Mistä olet kotoisin ja miksi haluat opiskella suomea? Mistä olet kiinnostunut Suomessa tao suomen kielen opiskelussa?

May I ask where are you from and why would you like to learn Finnish? In which things you are you interested (I mean concerning Finland and studying Finnish?)

I don't know any Finnish but i've always found the language so poetic so beautiful to listen. I tried learning it as a kid but forgot about it all when other languages interrupted... I'm a Turkish girl living in Czech Republic.
I wanted to always visit the country too and last year i finally had the chance to spend 3 days in Helsinki and one day in Turku. It was beautiful. I will definitely go again if i can overcome the financial problems.

Kiitos itsellesi ja ole hyvä vaan :D

Thank you too and you're welcome :D

May I ask which places you visited while being here in Finland? What did you do?

Yes, Finnish language sounds nice - but is hard to learn (as they say) :D

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2017, 5:04 am

I'd like to learn Japanese so I can play import games without translation, German because it sounds badass and so I can fully understand Rammstein's lyrics, French because it's one of Canada's official languages, and Spanish because of its ubiquity.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2017, 1:15 pm

MidoriNoKaori wrote:
komamanga wrote:
MidoriNoKaori wrote:
komamanga wrote:

May I ask which places you visited while being here in Finland? What did you do?

I spent a whole day in the island of Suomenlinna and it was seriously magical!
Apart from that i followed a tourist map to see around Helsinki, as the city is quite small, it was easy to walk everywhere.

It must be pretty hard i suppose but i have a life time to learn :) Right now my priority is to master Czech language due to practical reasons and after that to jump onto something else which i hope can be Finnish as it's like the best language on earth :)

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2017, 2:04 am

יש לי ללמוד איך לדבר עברית אם אני רוצה לגור בנגב עם סייל כשאני זקן.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

MidoriNoKaori
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Feb 2017, 2:17 am

komamanga wrote:
MidoriNoKaori wrote:
komamanga wrote:
MidoriNoKaori wrote:
komamanga wrote:

Apart from that i followed a tourist map to see around Helsinki, as the city is quite small, it was easy to walk everywhere.

It must be pretty hard i suppose but i have a life time to learn :) Right now my priority is to master Czech language due to practical reasons and after that to jump onto something else which i hope can be Finnish as it's like the best language on earth :)

Yes, Helsinki is quite small for a capital (and for a city) compared to other big cities / capitals in Europe and around the world. :) Still it is quite nice, especially the city center with the historical buildings. Unfortunately there aren't many parks in Helsinki but you can still see sufficient amount of green in the city.

Suomenlinna is beautiful and exciting too. It's at its best during the summers :)

May I ask when (which time of the year) did you visit Finland? On Summer or during other time of the year?

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2017, 10:40 am

MidoriNoKaori wrote:
komamanga wrote:
MidoriNoKaori wrote:
komamanga wrote:
MidoriNoKaori wrote:
komamanga wrote:

Yes, Helsinki is quite small for a capital (and for a city) compared to other big cities / capitals in Europe and around the world. :) Still it is quite nice, especially the city center with the historical buildings. Unfortunately there aren't many parks in Helsinki but you can still see sufficient amount of green in the city.

Suomenlinna is beautiful and exciting too. It's at its best during the summers :)

May I ask when (which time of the year) did you visit Finland? On Summer or during other time of the year?

I don't mind a small city. Actually i always try to find such places to visit. Big cities are ugly and tiring, also requires to use transportation which i hate. I love the fact that a capital city can be so green too!

Suomenlinna is the most beautiful place i've ever been for sure! If i could i would live there :)

I was there in the beginning of July. Although it was summer, it didn't really seem to affect the weather, there was heavy rain except for the day i was in Suomenlinna (thanks to the Nordic gods, that day was brilliant!)

Are you from Helsinki? :)

MidoriNoKaori
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Feb 2017, 4:01 am

komamanga wrote:
MidoriNoKaori wrote:
komamanga wrote:
MidoriNoKaori wrote:
komamanga wrote:
MidoriNoKaori wrote:
komamanga wrote:

I don't mind a small city. Actually i always try to find such places to visit. Big cities are ugly and tiring, also requires to use transportation which i hate. I love the fact that a capital city can be so green too!

Suomenlinna is the most beautiful place i've ever been for sure! If i could i would live there :)

I was there in the beginning of July. Although it was summer, it didn't really seem to affect the weather, there was heavy rain except for the day i was in Suomenlinna (thanks to the Nordic gods, that day was brilliant!)

It's nice to hear that you have liked about our capital :D Yes, Helsinki has certain advantages - things like you don't have to go far to see famous sights and there's actually good public transportation system (if you don't want to walk).

I'm sorry that it had rained during your trip. Last summers have been quite cold here...

What did you like about Turku? Turku is also nice - especially if you like history and historical buildings.

No, I am not from Helsinki, unfortunately. I actually work in Helsinki (5 days a week) so I somehow "know" the city.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2017, 7:25 am

MidoriNoKaori wrote:
komamanga wrote:
MidoriNoKaori wrote:
komamanga wrote:
MidoriNoKaori wrote:
komamanga wrote:
MidoriNoKaori wrote:
komamanga wrote:

It's nice to hear that you have liked about our capital :D Yes, Helsinki has certain advantages - things like you don't have to go far to see famous sights and there's actually good public transportation system (if you don't want to walk).

I'm sorry that it had rained during your trip. Last summers have been quite cold here...

What did you like about Turku? Turku is also nice - especially if you like history and historical buildings.

No, I am not from Helsinki, unfortunately. I actually work in Helsinki (5 days a week) so I somehow "know" the city.

Oh also people were very nice, this one i have to add too.

Unfortunately i didn't see around Turku much. I had a miscalculation with dates and was supposed to be there for two days but only could stay one day, the day i needed to fly back. So i was pretty tired to be honest. I have been around the center and the market place and it looked lovely anyway.
I would like to go more towards the north next time :)

Oh i see... may i ask you which city you are from? You like it better in Helsinki?

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2017, 5:29 pm

I want to learn my heritage languages. I plan to start on Irish soon and maybe move onto the very similar Scottish Gaelic afterwards. After that Hebrew.

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

MidoriNoKaori
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Feb 2017, 3:47 am

komamanga wrote:

Unfortunately i didn't see around Turku much. I had a miscalculation with dates and was supposed to be there for two days but only could stay one day, the day i needed to fly back. So i was pretty tired to be honest. I have been around the center and the market place and it looked lovely anyway.

Oh i see... may i ask you which city you are from? You like it better in Helsinki?

Sorry, I have to shorten a little bit the conversation so that it's easier to read / follow.

It's sad to hear that you had such experiences. :cry: I hope you have better luck next time!

I'm living in a small city an hour away from the capital. It's good place to live - there's all the basic things you need just near you (shops where you can buy food and other things for daily use, a library, couple of cafes etc and there's also quite good public transportation connections.

May I ask where you are living (in which part of the Czech Republic)?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2017, 5:34 am

i'm a bit torn, my ancestry is Japanese and German, and there is beauty in both languages [esp. in Lieder] but I've long been drawn to French, not only as a tongue but as a culture. it feels like "home" to me.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2017, 6:06 am

MidoriNoKaori wrote:
komamanga wrote:

Sorry, I have to shorten a little bit the conversation so that it's easier to read / follow.

It's sad to hear that you had such experiences. :cry: I hope you have better luck next time!

I'm living in a small city an hour away from the capital. It's good place to live - there's all the basic things you need just near you (shops where you can buy food and other things for daily use, a library, couple of cafes etc and there's also quite good public transportation connections.

Thanks for doing it, i was planning to do it too.

Oh that sounds cool too. I live in a relatively small city located in the southeastern part of Czech Rep. It's far from Prague (only 3-4 hours by train though). I also travel for my language course to a near city called Olomouc, a very historical but small city. I go there by train and it only takes 40 minutes.
Here the public transportation is also very good and definitely affordable. But i still prefer walking if it's not below minus 10. :)

MidoriNoKaori
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Feb 2017, 3:06 pm

komamanga wrote:
MidoriNoKaori wrote:
komamanga wrote:

Oh that sounds cool too. I live in a relatively small city located in the southeastern part of Czech Rep. It's far from Prague (only 3-4 hours by train though). I also travel for my language course to a near city called Olomouc, a very historical but small city. I go there by train and it only takes 40 minutes.
Here the public transportation is also very good and definitely affordable. But i still prefer walking if it's not below minus 10. :)

What do you study if you have to travel "so far"? I mean do you study at the university or another institute? What language or languages do you study?

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2017, 5:22 pm

MidoriNoKaori wrote:
komamanga wrote:
MidoriNoKaori wrote:
komamanga wrote:

What do you study if you have to travel "so far"? I mean do you study at the university or another institute? What language or languages do you study?

I study Czech language with a private tutor. I attended university in the city where i'm living. Here i couldn't find a reliable teacher to continue with Czech language so i go to the nearest city. Also, i kinda like the city of Olomouc, it has a nice atmosphere.

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2017, 6:16 pm

I am interested in:
- Russian
- German
- Arabic
- Latin

But I'd probably never get to any of them. :(