How can I tell when someone's interested in me?

Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

caramel
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Feb 2007, 10:40 pm

GoatOnFire wrote:
Thank you so much for your honesty caramel. (or are you just lying to make me feel good?) :wink:

Shale wrote:
(PS: The way I finally hooked up with my Aspie boyfriend is interesting...he finally decided to man up and see 'how deep the rabbit hole went', in his words. He threw a dirty comment or two at me. Of course, I'm a frisky little sh!t myself so I replied with plenty more dirt. For us, as we were really good friends, that one dirty comment is all it took XD That was enough proof, for me, that he was interested...)

As an aspie it might not be a good idea for me to throw dirty comments. I might throw one that's waaaaay too dirty. :twisted:

Lol i'm certainly not lying... i promise i'm not!! ! hehehe this is exciting, by the way... i'm not so sure about the dirty comments- lol if you find your communications with people still a bit socially awkward. work your way up to that point.... some women might actually be slightly offended (or get the wrong idea) about what you're saying if you're not saying it JUST so....or if she's a little shy it could scare her away and point out intentions which might not be there... just give it some strong consideration before acting if you don't think you could flawlessly pull it off steer clear until you build up that level of rapport with her first...

like lets say youve been saying hi a few times and talking a little bit (like a few sentences or something).... and for instance she cut her hair and you said to her "you look beautiful" and she says "awww thank you..." and you said something to the effect of "well you always look beautiful to me" that would be a good start... and its plenty suggestive without running the risk of saying something crazy then pushing the panic button and saying something EVEN crazier...lol trust me, i know... being NT doesn't count for s**t when you're shy...

Shale
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2007, 10:54 pm

Damn straight about NT being irrelevant when shy. Basically, no matter who you are, you go into USELESS mode if you don't watch it :lol: Oh man, the number of times I've made an egg out of myself in front of a really hot guy... :oops:

With the dirty stuff...yeah, it's best to use your judgement on that one. In my case I'd been instigating that side of things first, and he'd sorta picked up on that (pretty impressive since usually he has major Aspie moments and MISSES that sort of thing XD)...played a cautious card well and boum. Do that to my sister, and she'd slap you...she's a prude. Do it to me and I'd enjoy it. Different strokes for different folks as they say...know the girl well before you spring any surprises on her like that.

It's sort of something you'd do to push a friendship to the next level, not to a random. In this instance we'd known each other irl for about a month, and online for about a month or so again before that.

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2007, 12:02 am

I find it hard to tell how well I know someone. I don't know anyone else very well. I think part of my problem is I can't get the first step into building up that kind of rapport. I'm not sure I could even tell when it's there. Maybe I'll just start wearing a cup and let the dirt flow, see where it gets me. If she's a prude, then f*** that c*nt (bad pun, I know), I'll move on to one who isn't such a prude. On second thought, maybe I want to think twice before trying that, it might give me a reputation around the campus... :?

Subtlety isn't exactly my specialty. 8O

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2007, 2:14 pm

I've been told a guy's voice gets higher in pitch when he is talking to a woman he likes. Especially if its over the phone, but its also noticable in face to face conversation. If you've ever heard a normally deep voiced man suddenly talking in near squeaks you know what I mean.

Shale
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2007, 4:42 pm

I hadn't noticed that O.o; Good freakin' point! It makes perfect sense...:D

Geistmann
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Mar 2007, 1:44 pm

TheBladeRoden wrote:
My problem is girls never talk to me voluntarily so if by some miracle they do i automatically think they have the hots for me.

I'm sorry. You just gave me such a good laugh cause thats exactly what I think :lol:

sociable_hermit
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2007, 2:03 pm

GingerGrrl23 wrote:
richardbenson wrote:
well lets see a picture and i might let you know if i'm interested in you :wink:

my myspace is www.myspace.com/erin_thebookworm

and my personal webpage is www.teachers.kidzonline.org/eeh96

Sabbath on the blog page! Yay!