Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

dragonriko
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 May 2014, 4:26 pm

I found this site useful for understanding emotions. I was worried that I couldn't feel most of my emotions and this forum helped:

http://forums.psychcentral.com/other-me ... -like.html

Schizpergers
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 May 2014, 9:43 pm

I have quite a hard time understanding emotion as well. I do seem to have bits of emotions but my emotional memory doesn't seem to work well. My emotions are usually short lived and I forget what they were like immediately. The fact that you are worried about not understanding emotions shows that you have enough emotion to worry. I seem unable to worry about anything and don't think I would want to have more emotion even if I could since it seems to be a burden for most people. I am however curious about them. To me most the world seems overemotional and sensitive and it can be annoying for me to have to deal with peoples feelings. I'm not sure if there is a difference between feelings and emotions but if I understand correctly I do seem to have emotions but not feelings because I don't get the physical symptoms that most people seem to get from them. To me they are just thoughts.

dragonriko

23 May 2014, 4:11 am

I understand a lot of what you are saying. It's difficult to know what constitutes an emotion especially since we are unable to actually feel what others feel, we only hear what they tell us about them and see how they react to their own emotions. I'm still not sure what I feel and whether they are emotions, feelings or a conditioned response. I feel like if I try to have more emotions that I'll be overwhelmed, it seems like everyone else has so much feeling compared to my own. My emotions seem dull and short. I'm still looking for answers but the link helped a little in that I now realise that everyone has different scales of emotions and feelings and that it may just be that my feelings aren't as strong as others, a bit like my pain threshold.