Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2014, 11:42 pm

Dependence is better than destitution. I agree that welfare dependence is a bad thing, but its a much better alternative to homelessness. A few bums is the price you pay for knowing that the social safety net will catch you if you need it to.

Was not spoken of the soul.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2014, 11:48 pm

beneficii wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
seaturtleisland wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
oliveoilmom:

Yes you should demand what you want from your taxes. You shouldn't feel guilty about it. For instance, if beneficii wishes to demand a sex change operation that he should and if you feel the need for something you should demand it too! You might not agree with his choice but you both should indeed speak up! Do not let anyone guilt you out of it. I notice there's a vocal majority that tries to guilt trip everyone else. I say hockey pucks to that!
Everyone has just as much right to demand as everyone else and the one who demands loudest and most often is the winner. The one who sits in the corner and feels guilty for demanding is the loser. That's life. You can decide where you want to be but there are always going to be winners and losers.

And there you go misgendering the person you are trying to agree with.

I thought beneficii was a man waiting for gender reassignment to a woman meaning he hasn't done it yet? If he isn't my mistake.

I am waiting, but I have started hormone therapy as well as the real life experience, so it is by this time more appropriate to refer to me as 'she'.

Thank you beneficii.

gamefreak
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2014, 1:30 am

In my opinion nothing is wrong with having a social safety net. The safety net helps people in their time of need. Includes people with disabilities and people just down on their luck. In economic turn-downs a good social safety net pumps good money into the economy.

Yes, you will get people who'll leech of the system. However people who need the safety net shouldn't be penalized for a few bad apples.

The issue with Social Security is not enough people are paying into it, compared to what is being pulled out each year. I blame some of it on so many businesses letting workers work under the table. Typically young, inexperienced workers may work a low-wage job under the table. Which means these workers do not pay into the Social Security tax. Trillions of dollars have been reportedly payed out in unreported work. Many people are losing out on potential SS benefits by working under the table.

Instead of our government wasting money on the "War of Drugs" they should crack down on fraud.

I get SSI due to my autism. (Social Anxiety, uncontrolled movements and noises, Panic Attacks, OCD.) However I am going to college (part-time) at the moment so hopefully I could get a nice job. Voc Rehab and FAFSA is what is putting me through school right now. Voc Rehab is helping me become more social so I could make it in the workforce. Without the help of the government I'd be homeless, as well not getting mental consoling. I would also not be getting help from Voc Rehab or FAFSA to hopefully be gainfully employed. I want to work, unfortunately my issues make it really hard.