Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Webalina
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2014, 1:48 am

I've been seeing more and more stuff about men who shave/wax/pluck their body hair -- not just unsightly backs and eyebrows, but limbs, chest, and pubes (! !!). I think it's ridiculous. I personally love body hair on a man (there ARE limits, of course). If I wanted to be with a boy I'd be hanging around the high school. I like men, and men have hair on their bodies -- and that goes for facial hair as well. I'm not into the long, messy "Duck Dynasty" type beards, but neatly-trimmed beards, goatees and mustaches rock my world.

And for the record, I'm not much for shaving myself either. I don't shave my legs unless I know someone that cares is going to see them. I haven't shaved my underarms in years (doesn't smell because I keep the area clean). And I have no intention EVER of removing the hair on my...er...um..."undercarriage." It's there for a reason, and I plan on keeping it there.

Go as far as you can see. When you get there, you will see farther.

SquidinHostBody
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 May 2014, 2:19 am

The Squid has the most startling quantities of body hair. Rolling swathes of chest hair, Massive forests of leg and arm hair. Foot hair that would make a hobbit blush. And, of course.. The righteous beard. Huge, MASSIVE big bushy beard! We are most proud of our dwarvish heritage.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2014, 9:32 am

Okay, now all I can picture in my head is a very hairy squid...

I don't think that hair removal should have anything to do with fashion. It should all be down to what you personally feel comfortable with. If it makes you itchy and uncomfortable feel free to remove it. If it doesn't bother you feel free to let it be. I don't mind what a man does with his hair as long as he's not doing it because he feels like he needs to so that he is "acceptable" to others.

However saying that, I see no reason not to keep the hair you have neat and tidy. Duck Dynasty beards are a bit too long and bushy for my preferances.

SquidinHostBody
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 May 2014, 9:24 pm

The Squid is nearing it's goal of being able to tuck it's beard into it's belt. Those foolish boys in Duck Dynasty have nothing on us. :king:

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2014, 9:59 pm

I shave all my body hair off apart from the pubic region, which I trim. This isn't out of choice, this is because it's culturally expected of me. Also, I get very hairy if I don't shave - hairier than a lot of men. It's so bad that people get disturbed when they see me in my natural state. My parents reacted very badly to me when I grew my body hair out as a teenager, they told me I'd never get a boyfriend unless I shaved, etc. I shave partly because I've never forgotten that extremely negative reaction they had. I don't feel like an acceptable person if I don't shave regularly.

I don't care at all about what other people do with their body hair.

melmaclorelai
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jun 2014, 8:25 am

puddingmouse wrote:
My parents reacted very badly to me when I grew my body hair out as a teenager, they told me I'd never get a boyfriend unless I shaved, etc.

I stopped shaving everything a couple of years ago and my bio father told me this as well. He can be very critical of my appearance and choices in general.

I really don't care about what other people choose to do with their body hair as long as there isn't any coercion or shame involved.

Webalina
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2014, 10:34 pm

SquidinHostBody wrote:
The Squid has the most startling quantities of body hair. Rolling swathes of chest hair, Massive forests of leg and arm hair. Foot hair that would make a hobbit blush. And, of course.. The righteous beard. Huge, MASSIVE big bushy beard! We are most proud of our dwarvish heritage.

You sound very much like a dear friend of mine. He has hair on every part of his body but the soles of his feet and the palms of his hands. You could make money skinning him and selling his skin as a pelt. He was joking once that he was going to post a pic of himself naked on a bearskin rug. I asked him how we were going to distinguish where he ended and the rug began....lol. It took some getting used to -- especially the back and gluteal hair AND the forested pubes -- but I was cool with it eventually.

Go as far as you can see. When you get there, you will see farther.

CommanderKeen
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2014, 9:03 am

I'm a dude and I trim my arm pits and pubes. Shaving my armpits really cuts down on the smell. A lot of athletes shave their armpits.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2014, 12:27 pm

I don't care much about mans legs. I prefer them shaved but it is OK if they aren't. The decision is a choice of the man himself. Pubic hair is also his choice but I dint have any preference here. I don't like hair on chest or back (although I can stand it if I have to) but the hair in armpits is something to be removed at all times. It is OK if the hair in armpits is just trimmed but anything longer than 0,5cm over skin there is a total turn off.
About facial hair - either no hair or some trimmed nicely mustache/small beard. No big beards or "a few days" hair.

About myself: I depilate my legs when I feel like it. I usually do it when I am planning to put shorts or swimsuit on but sometimes I also do it just to feel better - I like how my legs look without any hair and I like removing the hair since it is a way to prove myself. I make my own hair removing mixture (sugar paste - a lot of people seem to have a problem making it while my always ends up well - although I can't correctly cook any food :D) and I practice using it. It's somehow rewarding to see how the hair disapear. And it doesn't hurt as much. At least compared to how it was when I was shaving legs. The shave itself didn't hurt but my legs were totally itchy when the hair were growing back (I had to shave every 2 days) and I could scratch to blood. Sugar paste gives a few mins of slight pain but the hair are not there for the next 4 weeks. So it is worth it.

I shave my armpits every 3-7 days. It isn't as effective as the sugar paste but the effect lasts long enough. However I plan to start depilating this area too. Just need to get some bravery. Pulling hair out there hurts more than legs and for some reason the area isn't itchy when hair grow back so I don't have much motivation for the change... :lol:

About the - ekhm - part. I pull out the hair that go out of my panty area using some tweezers so they won't grow back anytime soon and I shave the rest every 2 months or so (I don't like it longer than 1-1,5cm). Then I let them grow back. Sometimes I shave some more of the front part when they are growing back - creating a haircut (a V letter most of the time since it covers the area where the most hair grow). But this is only when I feel like it. No one else sees it anyway.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2014, 7:16 pm

SquidinHostBody wrote:
The Squid is nearing it's goal of being able to tuck it's beard into it's belt. Those foolish boys in Duck Dynasty have nothing on us. :king:

:lol: :lol:

I don't like hair on myself, but it's a personal preference.

wendigopsychosis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Jun 2014, 4:23 pm

Webalina wrote:
And I have no intention EVER of removing the hair on my...er...um..."undercarriage." It's there for a reason, and I plan on keeping it there.

! !! !! !! !

I just HAD to reply to this thread, if only because you're the only other person I've encountered who also refers to this area as the "undercarriage." I call it that too, and people always think it's hilarious. But it's just the best, most descriptive term, especially with regards to hair-removal! Cause it's not JUST the ladybits, it's the whole zone :lol: