Yes, as a hobby 54%  54%  [ 27 ]
Yes, professionally 20%  20%  [ 10 ]
No 26%  26%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 50

wbport
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 May 2014, 9:17 am

Has anyone created a website/page? Used html and a language like JavaScript in it?

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2014, 10:04 am

Yes, several over the last ten years, for different purposes (music, photography etc).

But I use a service that provides all the elements for you, you just choose editing and design options and placement, etc. You CAN look up and enter your own HTML coding but I only do that in a limited way. I can't create a website from coding alone, like a professional creator can.

Pr0tista
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Jun 2014, 2:49 am

I have made many over the years and currently have about 5-6 domains registered. I used to type out the html from scratch in notepad but lately I have been using an editor program. My most recent one is just a bunch of embedded videos of micro organisms that I have been studying under my microscope.

mezzanotte
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2014, 3:30 am

I founded an online literary magazine in 2010 and used Drupal for the website. I loved it for the first year, but then it got listed in some high circulation magazines and I started receiving way too many submissions to handle alone. I couldn't pay anyone... so I would've had to recruit a team of volunteer editors to keep it going. I didn't really have the time to commit to it at that point in my life, so I closed it. But it was fun while it lasted, and I discovered a lot of talented writers.

LonelyJar
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2014, 2:59 am

not yet

DreamingCloud7
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Sep 2014, 6:29 pm

I know HTML, Javascript, PHP and SQL however I haven't created any serious websites yet.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2014, 2:22 am

i have just deleted, from existence an incredibly embarrassing blogger blog i started when i was 11. that was the only "site" i have "created". i do not want to think about it, i looked like a fool with my helmet hair.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2014, 12:42 pm

I recently created some html/css/javascript/php webpages from scratch for my school homeworks (I study IT) so I guess it counts as "professionally".

But I also have had some blogs and websites as a hobby in my life. Just they were not in 100% made by myself so far. Well, except one, but it was just a simple html junk I made like 10 years ago, fascinated by html lessons in middle school.

wbport
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Nov 2014, 4:47 pm

This is my latest effort. Replace $ with < and % with> globally.

Quote:
$DOCTYPE html%
$head%
$title%Gazendas$/title%
$script language="JavaScript"%
function sample() {
document.bingo.inputArea.value="532.72\n298.01\n97.24\n32.53 4\n174.56\n70.78\n99.28\n193.82"
calculate();
}
function mySort(a,b) {return a.amt - b.amt} ;
function Nformat(parm) {
var aparm=(Math.round(parm * 100)) / 100;
var rstring = aparm.toString()
var i = rstring.indexOf(".")
if ( i < 0) {
rstring = rstring + ".00"
i = rstring.indexOf(".")
}

if (rstring.length - i == 2)
rstring = rstring + "0"
if (parm < 10.00)
rstring = " " + rstring;
return rstring
}
function resultFunction(amt,string) {
this.amt = Math.abs(amt); // Holds the absolute value of the difference (for sorting)
this.sign=(amt < 0)? "-" : " "; // sign of difference
this.text = string; // just built string
}
// One is added to each multiplier (number or occurances). If an item can occur 2 times; ZERO, one, and two
// must be considered.
function candidateFunction(amt,mult){
this.amt = amt;
this.mult = mult + 1;
this.try=0; // Will be manipulated later, but must start at zero.
}
function calculate() {
var i, j, carry, lines, target, asum, mult, amt, maxTry=1, result = new(Array), candidates=new(Array), results= new(Array);
var buildlines=" Diff List of items Considering ", oneline="";
lines = document.bingo.inputArea.value.split("\n");
target=parseFloat(lines[0]);
//alert(target);
for (i=1; i < lines.length; i++) {
result = lines[i].match(/ *(\d+\.?\d*)\D?/)
if (result == null)
break;
amt = parseFloat(result[1]);
result = lines[i].match(/ *[^ ]+ +(\d+)/)
if (result == null)
mult=1;
else
mult=parseInt(result[1]);
candidates[i-1] = new candidateFunction(amt,mult); } //Function will add 1 to multiplier
// alert("Length of candidates: " + candidates.length);
for (i=0; i < candidates.length; i++)
maxTry *= candidates[i].mult;
//alert("Max tries: " + maxTry);
for (i=2; i< maxTry;i++) { // Omitting nothing and everything
j=0;
do {
candidates[j].try++; // Add 1
if (candidates[j].try == candidates[j].mult) { // Need to carry
carry=1;candidates[j].try=0;j++; } // Zero this column, move to next
else
carry=0; } while (carry); // If no carry, we are done.
asum=0,oneline=""; // Prep to run this candidate row
for (j=0; j < candidates.length; j++) {
if (candidates[j].try) { // If zero, ignore
var oneMult = candidates[j].try * candidates[j].amt;
if (asum) // If something on line already
oneline+= " + "; // append a + sign
asum += oneMult;
oneline+=Nformat(candidates[j].amt); // Will append * and # times if over 1.
oneline+= (candidates[j].try > 1)? " * " + candidates[j].try : ""; } }
results[i-2] = new resultFunction(asum - target, oneline) } // Finished this set, add to results
buildlines+= (maxTry - 2) + " arrangements\n"; //Less nothing and everything tries
results.sort(mySort); // Moves best answer to the top
j=(results.length < 50)? results.length : 50; //Show top 50 rows with smallest Diff
for (i=0; i < j; i++)
buildlines+= Nformat(results[i].amt) + results[i].sign +" " + results[i].text + "\n";
document.bingo.outputArea.value = buildlines;
}
$/script%
$/head%
$body onLoad="document.bingo.outputArea.value=''"%
$h1%$center%Gazendas$/center%$/h1%
$form name="bingo"%
$table%
$tr%$th colspan=3%Enter target sum on first row. On other rows give candidate amounts and (optional) a space and multiplier (example 20.00 4 for four twenty dollar checks).$/th%$/tr%
$tr%$td%$textarea name="inputArea" rows="20" cols="10"%$/textarea%$/td%$td colspan=2%$textarea name="outputArea" rows="20" cols="100" %$/textarea%$/td%$/tr%
$tr%$td%$input type="button" value="Submit" onClick="calculate()"%$/td%$td%$input type="button" value="Sample Data" onClick="sample()"%
$input type="button" value="Reset" onClick='document.bingo.inputArea.value="";document.bingo.outputArea.value="";'%$/td%$/tr%
$/table%
The name comes from a routine on the program Hee-Haw ("four gazenda 20 five times"), but this page shows which items go into a specified sum. For example, you have written checks totaling
about 800.00 but your bank balence only goes down by 310.25. To determine which checks have cleared, put 310.25 on the first line and the amounts of the outstanding checks on the next lines.
If you have more than one check for the same amount, this page needs the amount, a space, and count of that size check. This page will run all combinations of cashed and uncashed
checks on your list and give you the closest results first (Diff equal or near zero).$br%$br%
User assumes all risks such as more than one correct answer, other fees, mis-entered numbers, and/or extra/missing numbers.$br%$br%
Sample assumes checks totaling 532.72 have been cashed from six unique amounts and four checks of 32.53 each. We don't consider none or all.$br%$br%
If a Difference is negative, the sum of the items is too small; if more than zero, too much.
$script%
if (Date.parse(document.lastModified) != 0)
document.write('$p%$hr%$small%$i%Last modified: '
+ document.lastModified
+ '$/i%$/small%$br%');
$/script%
$/body%
$/html%

King_oni
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Nov 2014, 6:02 pm

Been a while since I did so... 2004-ish or so. Created the website of the band I was in. The site was mostly flash with some javascript elements.

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2015, 4:12 pm

I've created a site before. At the moment I'm doing a course to learn him, css and javascript

Destruction and creation are 2 sides of the same coin.

danum
Raven
Raven

24 Nov 2015, 6:17 am

I have a hiking blog. I've installed a couple of stat counters because I really like stats and maps.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2015, 4:24 pm

I've created a couple of personal web pages for fun, a volunteer one for a church, and a professional one. But my skills are out-of-date, which in this business happens if two months pass where you aren't actively working and not attending skills updates. Ok, so that's an exaggeration, but I wouldn't try to do any of this today. Although.... there is that genealogy project....

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 1:51 pm

Used to have a webpage on Geocities i filled with random crap then i hosted my own webserver for a while, and i also used to code ASP, PHP and Java professionally (like with JS, XHTML and CSS and stuff) and had training on Tridion CMS which is an overly expensive CMS for large corporations.

So yeah - both.

LjSpike
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Dec 2016, 7:47 am

I have, both with tools to create elements and from raw code.
I don't mind HTML but CSS throw me. I've had attempts at them but they just don't seem to work.

Neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 162 of 200
Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 52 of 200
LINK: http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly10a.php?p1= ... =66&p10=74
-------------------
Score breakdown for RAADS-R
Total: 185.0 | Language: 17.0 | Social Relatedness: 90.0 | Sensory/Motor 45.0 | Circumscribed Interests: 33.0
LINK: http://www.aspietests.org/raads/questions.php

samuelR
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Jun 2019, 10:06 am

Yes, I did. I used to work only with different website builders from https://www improve my knowledge building a website with the help of a (I was suggested trying it by my friend). So, thanks for sharing this info, it is very useful for me!

Last edited by B19 on 13 Nov 2019, 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.: spammer