Page 307 of 358 [ 5722 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 304, 305, 306, 307, 308, 309, 310 ... 358  Next

LightningGerbil
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 May 2017, 5:18 pm

What is your first name? Dominic

Hobbies and Interests: Sports activities and Men's Health

Why are you here? to learn and understand things

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):

Favorite subjects: Politics

Year/Grade: Some college

Favorite music: Slow rock

Books: Jungle Book

TV shows/Movies: Netflix

Instrument: Guitar

Do you like sports? Yes

Family: Separated

Clothing: Casual

How did you find this website? Blame Google

Job: Freelance

Plans for the future? To be successful business man

Any comments? Thanks

SwizzleBeast
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Jun 2017, 1:28 pm

What is your first name? I do not feel comfortable answering this

Hobbies and Interests: Technology, astronomy, gaming, science

Why are you here? Seeking answers and support

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I have not been diagnosed and am struggling with getting the process started.

Favorite subjects: covered in hobbies

Year/Grade: NA

Favorite music: Metal, industrial

Books: I like science and science fiction

TV shows/Movies: astronomy documentaries , horror movies and science fiction

Instrument: bass

Do you like sports? Not particularly

Family: dad, mom and brother. Limited contact with extended family

Clothing: t shirt, undershirt (required), jeans and work boots

How did you find this website? Searching the terms "adult autism forum"

Job: Groundskeeper (AS degree in precision Machining)

Plans for the future? Continued survival. I would like to get a degree in mechanical engineering.

Any comments? None as of right now.

ariannegarcia214
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Jun 2017, 3:35 pm

What is your first name? Arianne

Hobbies and Interests: Writing, singing, painting, music, blogging, cognitive neuroscience

Why are you here? To engulf myself in a like-minded community

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 25

Favorite subjects: Science and Art

Year/Grade: Eventually I'll go back to college.

Favorite music: Everything

Books: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Brave New World

TV shows/Movies: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Winnie the Pooh, RENT and the like.

Instrument: Clarinet and harmonica

Do you like sports? My husband likes basketball so I like basketball (lol kidding, not kidding)

Family: I have family, yes.

Clothing: I wear comfortable clothes from the thrift store. That doesn't mean I don't look "presentable" though ;)

How did you find this website? I used to stalk to forums before I even signed on, it's been a while.

Job: Yes I work in an office.

Plans for the future? I have some of those.

Any comments? I'd love to talk to everyone about their experiences and get to know people from this :D

Erosemb
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Jun 2017, 6:40 pm

What is your first name? Edenrose

Hobbies and Interests: Mostly art in all of its forms. I'm particularly fond of learning about world mythology & religion. Sociology, psychology, physics, science in general.

Why are you here? I'm not even sure I know the specifics myself... I suppose to learn about aspergers and maybe even to make a friend

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 18 with aspergers, but crappy court ordered psychologist speculated a lot of different disorders when I was 15-16.

Favorite subjects: it depends on the teacher's style, but sometimes art. Sometimes I hate art classes though whenthe teacher is stuck-up, biased, and shallow in their interpretation when something doesn't fit THEIR style.

Year/Grade: High school graduate. I'm going to try to go to college, but I hate the traditional public schooling system... Maybe college is different though, and maybe I'll do better now that I have a diagnosis & can therefore find ways to cope.

Favorite music: No genre in particular, but I am picky. It has to be soulful music. Not the genre "soul," but meaning the artist(s) put soul into it.

Books: Desperation by Stephen King, and I enjoy folk tales & mythology. Odd Thomas was pretty good.

TV shows/Movies: Too many to list. If I had to keep it short, I'd say Dancer in the Dark, The Phantom of the Opera, Melancholia, The Fountain, Secret of Kells & Song of the Sea.

Instrument: Guitar (electric & acoustic, also beginner bass,) piano, lyrics (though I can't really sing well. I need to quit smoking.)

Do you like sports? No. I prefer to channel my tribalistic nature into my studies of mythology & art. Sports seem futile to me unless playing with family & family friends.

Family: Both parents, 2 households which is a new & weird thing, 2 younger sisters who are twins.

Clothing:

How did you find this website? While researching my diagnosis, though I waited about a year to sign up. It seemed overwhelming at the time.

Job: Artist/Musician/Author, I suppose. I've made money doing it before, though I'm by no means a "professional," but it's what I do. I also babysit for family friends to make a bit of cash to support myself & my cat.

Plans for the future? That's a big question.

ManaLDN
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jun 2017, 5:14 am

What is your first name? You can call me Mana, it even has the syllables of my real name

Hobbies and Interests: architecture, modern art, karaoke, guitar, The Sims 3 (there is no section for games so I write it here), walks, cooking (but I'm not too good)

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): sometime between 2008-2010, I was a child and didn't hear the diagnosis first hand. I'm an Aspie.

Favorite subjects: Art and Design; if I was back in secondary it could probably include music, some topics of history and technical studies (I'm not from here), I used to like learning English as a second language

Year/Grade: Year 3 of 6th form

Favorite music: metal, j-rock, bollywood soundtracks, some 80s tracks or those played in the radio, usually after they get old

Books: Mint Series of Ewa Nowak - not translated to English, what is a shame

TV shows/Movies: mostly some animated films, like Shrek or Lion King; I rarely watch TV, if I do I normally switch to NHK World

Instrument: electric and classical guitar

Do you like sports? I like doing sports from time to time, I don't really like watching

Family: parents, grandparents - all NT

Clothing: mostly tight clothes, various colours

How did you find this website? I think I was searching for something about AS and it poped up

Job: none yet

Plans for the future? Most likely Architecture

Any comments? Hello everyone, I just hope I am in the right place to introduce myself.

affablestranger
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Jun 2017, 10:18 am

What is your first name?
Matt

Hobbies: photography, watching movies (especially horror and sci-fi), cooking, day trips, writing, acting, reading, people-watching, light shows, music, dancing, arts and crafts, solving crossword puzzles, playing poker, rummy, and bridge, solving puzzles

Interests: psychology/sociology, science and math, movies, folklore, crossword puzzles, literature, music, board games, card games

Why are you here?
learning and attempting so socialize

2014. Diagnosed as a child as "genius hyperactive" (a silly diagnosis, but it was 1978).

Favorite subjects:
psychology/sociology, science and math, technology, movies, music, history, cooking

Year/Grade:
n/a

Favorite music:
David Bowie. Fatboy Slim. Vivaldi. Run DMC. Jim Croce. Art of Noise. Outkast. Depeche Mode. Ray Charles. Beethoven. Frank Sinatra. AC/DC. Wu Tang Clan. James Brown. Stevie Wonder. movie soundtracks. Blues Traveler. Reggie Watts. Lana Del Ray. Madonna. (and more)

Books:
too many to list

TV shows/Movies:
too many to list

Instrument:
banjo and drums

Do you like sports?
They can be intriguing and entertaining to watch and fun to play.

Family:
three sons (23, 23, and 19)

Clothing:
Yes.

How did you find this website?
Google search

Job:
IT

Plans for the future?
Work. Have fun. Travel. Hopefully meet a girl.

Firaga
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Jun 2017, 3:25 pm

What is your first name?
I don't like my first name and I rarely use it. Call me Firaga.

Hobbies and Interests:
Rock and ethnic music, ancient and early medieval culture, writing, reading, orientation and mobility, vintage cRPG games, medicine (with big emphasis on Marfan Syndrome, albinism and achromatopsia), photography

Why are you here?
I think I might be an Aspie.

No formal diagnosis in my records.

Favorite subjects:
Photography, impact of vision loss, opthamology - that's what I enjoyed most when I was in college.

Year/Grade: Luckily formal education it's not my problem anymore.

Favorite music:
Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Great Big Sea, Santiano, D'Artagnan, The Dark Tenor, Therion, Van Canto, Edguy, Avantasia, Sabaton, Strumbellas, Dalriada, Bucovina, Eluveitie

Books: I'm huge fan of Discworld series. I also like Neil Gaiman.

TV shows/Movies:
Shows: American Gods, Daredevil, The Originals, Vampire Diaries, Sons of Anarchy, Grimm
Movies: anything from X-Men franchise, works of Ghibli Studio, anything from Tim Burton

Instrument:
I have a soft spot for bass guitar, but I still have no idea how to play it.

Do you like sports?
I used to love dancing when I was a kid.

Family: Mother, older brother (now married with a kid), first cousin with her husband and her daughter. I barely stay it touch with the rest.

Clothing:
Weird mixture of goth, hipster and hippie style.

How did you find this website? Thanks to Uncle Google.

Job:
At the moment I'm a QA software tester in a gaming industry. I report bugs for a very sh***y salary.

Plans for the future?
To make money with my writing.

Any comments?
Nope.

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 11:05 am

'Uncle Google'. I like it!

'I don't like my first name and rarely use it' - I can relate to this! I changed my birth name in 1981. I don't mind revealing the name I use as I love it but not my birth name.

Gallium
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Jun 2017, 1:41 pm

What is your first name? - Laurel

Hobbies and Interests: Environmental Sciences, Politics (world and US), Chemistry, Paleontology, Astronomy, Medicine, Ocean liners, Oceanography, Sci-fi (especially 2000s Canadian sci-fi shows)

Why are you here? - To meet other Apies and to learn more about who I am

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I have never been officially diagnosed with Aspergers, but I have recently been diagnosed with Depression and Anxiety.

Favorite subjects: In school, I love English, Science, Math, and Social Studies, but only when they are taught well.

Year/Grade: 12th grade

Favorite music: Alternative and Classic Rock and some alt pop (The Shins, Bastille, To Kill a King, Grizfolk, The Brevet,
The Beatles, Bob Dylan, Wilco, Imagine Dragons, Ivan Campo, Canyon City etc.)

Books: LotR, Hannibal series, David Sedaris' books, Harry Potter, On the Road, 1984, A Stranger In a Strange Land, Brave New World, Ender's Game, The Martian, A Tale of Two Cities.

TV shows/Movies: Criminal Minds, Futurama, Malcolm in the Middle, Supernatural, Andromeda, Sanctuary, Hannibal

Instrument: Piano, Guitar, Singing

Do you like sports? - No

Family: I live with my Dad, Stepmom, and little sister

Clothing: Usually black and tight fitting but comfortable, nothing that makes noise or is rough.

How did you find this website? I Googled certain aspie issues I was having

Job: I am a paleontology intern at a well-respected museum doing research into post K-T mammals. I am about to coauthor my second scientific published work

Plans for the future? - After I graduate highschool I plan to go to college to study environmental sciences and chemistry, then I plan to get a masters in either oceanography or environmental sciences and get a PhD in environmental toxicology and sciences. I hope to work to save the environment, hopefully trying to fix the damage done to the oceans and marine environments or the atmosphere. I want to work outside and in labs. My ideal location to work would be Antarctica. I will at least get a masters and Phd, hopefully many.

Any comments? - If you think I seem interesting and PM me, I would like to talk to some people as I don't know anyone here and I have no apie friends IRL.

QGAS - 56
AQ - 41
Aspie quiz - 160 of 200 neurodiverse
42 of 200 neurotypical

VisualKeiCat
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Jun 2017, 5:14 pm

What is your first name?: Timothy

Hobbies and Interests: Drawing , Writing , Reading , Listening to Music , Psychology , Dreams , Anime , Nature/Animals , Videogames

Why are you here?: Learning/Reading about other people's experiences and sharing my own experiences

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): As a teenager [age 16] i got diagnosed with BPD and ADD

Favorite subjects: Psychology , Dreams , The Unknown , Japan , Dark stuff :P

Year/Grade: I don't go to school anymore

Favorite music: Darkwave/Electro/Industrial , Metal/Rock , Dubstup , ElectroSwing , 60's/70's rock and loads more :)

Books: I love reading comics/manga :) and stuff about psychology and spirituality

TV shows/Movies: The list is..super long can't really decide

Instrument: I played some guitar when really young , i love playing on the drums [don't own a drumset though]

Do you like sports?: Yeah somewhat ..played soccer alot as a kid , does swimming count :P

Family: Mom , Dad and one older brother

Clothing: I like to dress a bit differently but not too extreme , i like comfyness

How did you find this website? I was reading stuff about Aspergers and could relate to alot of things making me question if i might have it , wanted to read more about it from other people who have it so i can understand it better

Job: Not at the moment , on a time out due to therapy :)

Plans for the future?: Not really , i'm living day by day

Any comments?: I'm glad i found this community and hope to learn more about it and get myself to share more :)

abbynied
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Jun 2017, 6:00 pm

What is your first name? Abby

Hobbies and Interests: Ok you asked for it :lol:

GAMES I PLAY SERIOUSLY
PC - Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 and 2, Sims 2, Zoo Tycoon
NES - Super Mario Bros, Super Mario 3, Dr. Mario, Bubble Bobble
SEGA GENESIS - Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, Sonic The Hedgehog 1 and 2
GAME BOY - Pokemon Red, Yellow, Gold, Crystal
ARCADE - Ms. Pacman, Galaga

TV I WATCH RELIGIOUSLY
South Park, It's Alway's Sunny in Philadelphia, Seinfeld, The Facts of Life, Daria, Parks and Recreation, Bob's Burgers
All 90's Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network.
Early 2000's Adult Swim

MUSIC ON CONSTANTLY
The Spice Girls, 60's - 80's Classic Rock and R&B, 90's - early 2000's rap, hip-hip, rock, and pop.
Electronic and video game music. Remixes and Mashups.

OTHER OBSESSIONS
Coloring books, dinosaurs and reptiles, my snake Monty, VHS tapes and found footage, Rubik's Cube, Jigsaw Puzzles, Dog person. Macbook Pro that uses game emulators and Windows XP for hacked games.

Why are you here?

Well, I had a lot of trouble with Asperger's as a kid because I wasn't diagnosed. After my diagnosis and through going to college and living independently and having jobs, I learned how to blend in. People don't know I have Asperger's when they meet me because I am so good at acting neurotypical. I don't want to do that anymore. It's exhausting and it doesn't gain me any true friendships. I am very lucky to have a couple good friends and a girlfriend who know the real me. Now I feel like I want to meet more people like myself who have a diagnosis because that is where the realness is.

When were you diagnosed? 18 years old. Senior year of high school.

Instrument: Piano and Percussion but I am out of practice.

Do you like sports? Nope!

Family: A sister who is 27 and both biological parents. I live states away from them though.

Clothing: Huge t-shirt collection. I prefer mens clothing. Cargo shorts are my favorite. I like to customize most of everything. I do dyes, tie dye, home screen printing, and sewing to make my stuff more "me."

How did you find this website?

I had an account when I was a teenager but I don't remember the login and I would rather start fresh on a new account as an adult anyway.

Job: Freelance art and film

Plans for the future? I am trying to earn a world record and that is my biggest goal. Otherwise just basic survival.

Voxish
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Aug 2017, 7:07 pm

What is your first name? Carl

Hobbies and Interests: Visual astronomy and collecting records, bootlegs, MP3's of The Fall

Why are you here? To talk freely

When were you diagnosed? 2017

Favorite subjects: Autism, astronomy and The Fall

Year/Grade: Post Grad in Autsim and Aspergers Syndrome 2017 (Masters level)

Favorite music: The Fall, Joy Division, Captain Beefheart, Bjork, Syd Barret, The Velvet Underground, The Doors

Books: I only read books on astronomy, autism or books about The Fall (But I did enjoy all the The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy series but that was 30 years ago)

TV shows/Movies: BBC News 24, Newsnight, The Sky at Night, Question Time and other political shows

Instrument: Currently playing delta blues with a slide on a 4 string fretless cigar box guitar, but I have played bass, mandolin, mandola, Irish Banjo

Do you like sports? Cricket and Rugby Union

Family: Wife and 3 children (computer programmmer, a nurse and a soldier)

Clothing: Pink Oxford Shirts, Tweed or Linen Jackets and Jeans

How did you find this website? Professional interest

Job: None :roll: Ihave almost always worked in roles with an autism focus

Plans for the future? Getting a job is top of the list (interview on Wednesday with a well known autism charity

Any comments? I have edited this loads of times due to typos....I am really bad at this tonight :roll:

BBC: Radio 4

Last edited by Voxish on 30 Aug 2017, 7:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 7:13 pm

^^^ I wish you lots of luck, Sir

Voxish
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Aug 2017, 7:18 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
^^^ I wish you lots of luck, Sir

Thank you, I want it very badly.

BBC: Radio 4

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 7:32 pm

What is your first name? Stampy :lol: (not really, but my name is very uncommon so I'm not giving that out)

Location: Stampy's Lovely World (ain't giving that out either!)

Hobbies and Interests: Stampy Cat, autism and related neurological/genetic disorders, and America's Got Talent

Why are you here? I don't know :lol: . I'm really here to learn more and have some sort of social life, since I don't have one normally!

When were you diagnosed? When I was 13 (this year)

Favorite subjects: Autism and Genetics

Year/Grade: I'm in grade 8

Favorite Music: Pop Music, but I do enjoy classical

Books: I used to read everything I could get my hands on, but now it is limited to autism/genetic disorders, AGT, and Stampy.

TV Shows/Movies: AGT is the only show I watch. I don't really watch movies either.

Instrument: Violin

Do you like sports? No way!

Family: Mom, Dad, sister, and brother.

Clothing: Stampy shirt and jeans or jean shorts with my special socks and Converse

How did you find this website? Googling a lot on autism

Job: none (too young, and even if I was older I don't know if I would have one)

Plans for the future? I would love to adopt a child with Down Syndrome or ASD. I would also like to be either part of AGT (like stage crew or something) or be a well-respected autism expert. Most of all, I want to keep my friends and possibly even make new ones! :D

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

Keladry
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 10:00 pm

What is your first name? Keladry (not in RL though, it's from a book series by Tamora Pierce which I read in constant repeat for several years while in highschool)

Hobbies and Interests: German, foreign languages, other cultures/traveling, autism, fiddling

Why are you here? Home

When were you diagnosed? 32 (this year)

Favorite subjects: German! I also really liked history/geography and similar in school

Year/Grade: Postgraduate :)

Favorite Music: American folk

Books: Anything and everything. Especially YA fantasy (Tamora Pierce!), historical fiction (especially on the Holocaust), and lately non-fiction, which I tend to read many books at the same time on specific topics. Currently it's autism/aspergers.

TV Shows/Movies: I don't watch much TV, but I'd say The Pretender, The Amazing Race, and movie is Phoebe in Wonderland

Instrument: Violin/Fiddle

Do you like sports? I really miss playing softball :(

Family: I'm single/live alone, but I still have both parents, my sister, brother-in-law and 1 year old niece :)

Clothing: Jeans and shirt, preferably with hoodie

How did you find this website? Googling a lot on autism

Job: I teach at a University

Plans for the future? Uhm....not sure. Stay employed, would like a family/kids, maybe go for PhD.