Page 299 of 358 [ 5723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 296, 297, 298, 299, 300, 301, 302 ... 358  Next

FluttercordAspie93
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2016, 1:01 pm

Not sure if I posted on here yet, but if I have, consider this an updated version:

What is your first name? Taylor. It was also my mother's maiden name. :)

Hobbies and Interests: Writing, reading, drawing, gaming, exercising, and a few fictional characters. :P

Why are you here? To meet others similar to me, as well as just trying to learn new things about myself.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I was technically given the Aspergers label in elementary school through testing, but I got a proper diagnosis in 2014.

Favorite subjects: English, Science, Art, and Creative Writing.

Year/Grade: I graduated from high school in 2012. I've had a few years experiences with Uni, but had to dropout due to various reasons.

Favorite music: It varies, really.

Books: I tend to read a lot of fiction, especially about dogs. Also like reading a bit of manga, occasionally.

TV shows/Movies: My favorite movie is Lilo & Stitch, and some of my favorite TV shows are My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and the Total Drama series.

Instrument: None, I don't play one.

Do you like sports? Not particularly, but I like swimming from time to time.

Family: I have a mother, a father, an older stepsister, an older brother, two younger sisters, as well as a younger brother, and currently four dogs. :D

Clothing: I like to wear a lot of baggy t-shirts and jeans most of the time, but I'm thinking about wearing some more feminine clothing.

How did you find this website? Can't remember, actually! XD

Job: None currently, but I would like to get into doing some volunteer work.

Plans for the future? To find a hubby that cares for and understands me, so I can start a family of my own. :heart:

Any comments? Living life to the fullest! :P

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2016, 9:22 am

FluttercordAspie93 wrote:

Hi there!! I love MLP as well! I am guessing you are a Fluttershy fan?

FluttercordAspie93
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2016, 1:08 pm

Flown wrote:
FluttercordAspie93 wrote:

Hi there!! I love MLP as well! I am guessing you are a Fluttershy fan?

@Flown: Yeah, I love Fluttershy, as well as Twilight Sparkle and Discord. :P

t_mac
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Sep 2016, 12:20 am

What is your first name? Travis

Hobbies and Interests: Writing, Reading, Disc Golf, Hiking, Biking, Building Bicycles, Drawing, Taking apart stuff, Making and Building all manner of things

Why are you here? I have Asperger's

When were you diagnosed?: 9/20/2016

Favorite subjects: History

Year/Grade: Graduated High school in 1999, Graduated college with an Accounting degree in 2006

Favorite music: Too much to list...but here's my favorite genres: Shoegaze, Garage Rock, Instrumental Rock and Delta Blues

Books: Also too many to list but here's my top ten (not in order): Street of Crocodiles by Bruno Schulz, Desolation Angels by Jack Kerouac, Consider the Lobster by David Foster Wallace, Red:Passion and Patience in the Desert by Terry Tempest Williams, Blow-Up and Other Stories by Julio Cortazar, As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner, East of West by Jonathan Hickman, Desert Solitaire by Edward Abbey, Child of God by Cormac McCarthy, Television by Jean-Philippe Toussaint

TV shows/Movies: TV: The X-Files, Boardwalk Empire, Mr. Robot, Orphan Black, Deadwood, The Twilight Zone, Justified, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Freaks and Geeks, Peaky Blinders
Movies: Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind, Adaptation, Clerks, Django Unchained, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Days of Heaven, Thin Red Line, Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, V for Vendetta, There Will Be Blood

Instrument: Tried and failed at guitar :cry:

Do you like sports? Disc Golf

Family: Wife and 2 year old boy

Clothing: Casual

How did you find this website? Web search for Asperger's

Job: Stay at home dad

Plans for the future? Finish my fourth novel, edit third and fourth novels and get one (or all :P) published

Any comments? Negator Skeletor

Canary
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2016, 10:54 pm

What is your first name? Leah

Hobbies and Interests: Reading and writing, online games, podcasts, documentaries, audiobooks, sci-fi/fantasy, cooking, animals, mythology and folklore

Why are you here?
Something to do and someplace to talk.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Around 12-13.

Favorite subjects: Science, English

Year/Grade: No longer in school

Favorite music: Alternative rock, pop, chill

Books: Everything's Eventual by Stephen King or Asimov's shorts

TV shows/Movies: The Simpsons, Bob's Burgers, The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, ReZero

Instrument: Only played a little piano growing up

Do you like sports? No

Family: Two brothers and one sister, a lot of nephews, one niece, many other relatives

Clothing: Whatever's comfortable

How did you find this website? I think I may have been here years ago? I couldn't find anything so maybe I was just a lurker.

Job: Switching from IT to animal care.

Plans for the future? Find a new career, move somewhere sunny, and write some books.

TristahK
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Oct 2016, 11:44 am

What is your first name?: Tristão, If you can't pronouce that call me Tristah

Hobbies and Interests : Mathematics, Gaming

Why are you here? : To check how people like me fare in this opressive world.

When were you diagnosed? : I estimate 7 years old. I'm not sure

Favorite subjects : Mathematics, Philosophy, Physics

Year/Grade : 12º

Favorite music : I dislike music. Most music makes me feel unconfortable.

Books : The Communist Manifesto

TV shows/Movies : The Lord of the Rings

Instrument : I cannot even play a flute properly due to my poor hand coordination.

Do you like sports : I absolutely hate any kind of physical activity.

Family : I live with my mother and brother, my dad emmigrated.

Clothing :I pick the first thing I see, I don't bother with choosing. I also let my mom buy my clothing, saves me a headache of leaving my house. Plus she works in a clothe store and has discount.

How did you find this website : I googled "Asperger Forum". I wanted to know if there were online communities for people like me.

Job : Student

Plans for the future : To become a mathematician.

racheypie666
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2016, 12:34 pm

What is your first name? Rachel

Hobbies and Interests:Ballet, kickboxing, fairy tales, languages, fine art and illustration (practising and appreciating), reading, writing, film analysis, puzzles, solipsism.

Why are you here?To find people I can talk to, and to sort my head out.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): When I was 20

Favorite subjects: Art, English, German, History

Year/Grade: At university, reading English and German

Favorite music:Tchaikovsky's ballets, NiN, the Prodigy, Aphex Twin :heart: , Kanye West, Lana Del Rey, Metallica.

Books: Too many to list. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass are my favourite books. Otherwise any 19th C. Gothic and Romantic literature, anything by Fitzgerald, 'true' ( :wink: ) paranormal anthologies, the Millennium Trilogy. Folklore and Fairy Tales are a special interest; I like the way they interact, morph and reappear across different eras and cultures. I'm also never without my copy of the Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam.

TV shows/Movies:My favourite movie is Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992). It's not the best movie, but it is my favourite: Gary Oldman is superb, Eiko Ishioka did amazing costume work, and all the effects are practical. David Fincher is my favourite director. I also love German Expressionist cinema. For TV I like House of Cards, Sherlock, Doctor Who, classic Scooby-Doo, Bojack Horseman, and Mr Robot. Those last two really get me.

Instrument:Played guitar since I was 7. Taught myself to play piano a few years ago.

Do you like sports? Individual challenges yes, team sports no. I do ballet, kickboxing, gym work, cycling and yoga.

Family:Only close family, parents and a younger brother (who treats me like I'm the younger one :lol: ).

Clothing:I tend to go for more unusual clothes but I get complimented on them a lot, so they are unusual in a good way I guess. I like pieces with texture, gothic-inspired stuff, pieces that are pretty but edgy. If I could wear one designer, it would be McQueen.

How did you find this website?Found it after typing one of my problems into google. Lurked around for a bit and it seemed like a good fit.

Job: Student, but I work part-time in a supermarket and in HR.

Plans for the future?To harness the good and bad parts of my brain and translate them into creativity. I'm going to be an artist and a writer; I just need to get comfortable showing my more personal work to other people, because I think it is my best.

ChokingVictim77
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Oct 2016, 2:23 pm

What is your first name? Trying to be anonymous, sorry.

Hobbies and Interests: blogging, chronic illness advocate,

Why are you here?: I think I might have autism

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): not yet

Favorite subjects: huh?

Year/Grade: uhm - I'm an adult?

Favorite music: Ska and punk

Books: The uglies series by Scott Westerfeld

TV shows/Movies: Super Hero stuff and Star Wars

Do you like sports?: No, not even a little

How did you find this website?: Google

Job: Disabled

Plans for the future?: Buy a house and get a bunch of dogs, lizards, and cats

BombChel534
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Oct 2016, 2:48 pm

I like this post ^.^

What is your first name?: Chelsea

Hobbies and Interests: videogames, boardgames, music, movies

Why are you here?: Reasonably sure I'm autistic, though I'm undiagnosed. Also confident I've got ADHD, but also undiagnosed. I suffer from severe depression and anxiety, though, which at least, I think, makes me not neurotypical? idk

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): N/A?

Favorite subjects: What like in school? I liked English and History/Government/Social Studies. Should have done psych when I was younger, tbh.

Year/Grade: lol, I graduated a little over a decade ago.

Favorite music: Everything metal, just about! Also like weird but interesting stuff, been listening to a lot of retrowave/vaporwave lately. I have very eclectic taste.

Books: Everything by James Alan Gardner, I like Piers Anthony a lot, Neil Gaiman is god

TV shows/Movies: Love love love Steven Universe, Avatar/Korra, don't watch many movies lately but my fave is probably Army of Darkness (was definitely a special interest in jr high, I watched it every day for a whole year at least)

Instrument: I play drums! I can play a little guitar and keyboard, but percussion is my main thing.

Do you like sports? A little. Prefer to play vs watch, but would rather do a multitude of other things instead.

Family: I have 3 siblings; twin brothers that are about 19, and a little sister who is 14 I think.

Clothing: I prefer a gothy, rock aesthetic. I wear a lot of black, but also a lot of pink or purple. ^.^

How did you find this website?: Google

Job: I'm a professional moderator, for a game company's community. Can't give specific details but it's less exciting than it might sound; I basically have to sift through all the offensive material that jerks on the internet send to each other. :(

Plans for the future?: I have a hard time envisioning the future. Currently my girlfriend Rain and I were pondering moving to Europe somewhere, and have been teaching ourselves Norwegian halfway for funsies and half to have some kind of other language when visiting.

Any comments?: This is silly and it reminds me of MySpace and I kind of miss that site tbh

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2016, 6:43 pm

What is your first name?
Shelby AKA Schultz

A very young 42 with the mentality of a 21 year old Mod.

Hobbies and Interests:
Arts & Crafts, WWII, Germany, Technology in the 20th Century.

Why are you here?
Because I like to learn from all of my autistic brothers and sisters no matter where they are on the spectrum.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):
The Spring of 1980 when I was 5 and a half.

Favorite subjects:
Arts and Psychology

Year/Grade:
I've graduated from High School in 1993.

Favorite music:
Military marches, classical music, 30s and 40s Pop music from around the world, The Kinks and The Beatles.

Books:
I enjoy reading Chicken Soup for the Soul books

TV shows/Movies:
Hogan's Heroes
Flushed Away

Instrument:
The Mellotron. The Kinks used it in some of their songs in the Late 60s.

Do you like sports?
I enjoy watching the Summer/Winter Olympics/Paralympics.

Family:
My mum's the oldest, than my Dad. I'm the oldest child though I feel that I should be the youngest. My sister is three years younger than I am and she's married. Her husband is the same age as she is and my Niece is 7 years old. There's also my mother and father-in-law as well. I call them mum and dad.

Clothing:
I wear dress trousers and a nice shirt to work. When I'm not working, I wear a lot of green and blue. I also wear a lot of black, red and yellow as well. I never wear pink. I'm thinking of wearing orange again. I like to wear long coats and military tunics. I also have three German helmets. Two blue ones that I wear outside my home and a black toy one that I call my nightcap.

How did you find this website?
I found a news article about WP in the Summer of 2004.

Job:
I'm a greeter at the TD Bank

Plans for the future?
To breed Om Noms and Om Nells so that everybody who wants a pet Sweet Pea can have one. :D :P

Any comments?
I've matured a lot since the October of 2009. Are we even talking about the same person?

CircuitCity
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Oct 2016, 8:09 pm

I'm new and this seems fun. 8)
What is your first name? Jenny
Hobbies and Interests: TONS Writing, Movies, Science, Politics, Drawing, Old Technology, Basically anything retro, etc. etc.
Why are you here? To communicate with whom I can relate to. :wink:
When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Age 7 with High Functioning Autism. Though, I'm beginning to think I was misdiagnosed and that I have asperger's instead.
Favorite subjects: English and Science
Year/Grade: Junior
Favorite music: Electronic (Most subgenres), Most subgenres of Rock, 80's pop, etc. etc.
Books: Neuromancer, Do Androids Dream Electric Sleep, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, etc.
TV shows/Movies: Rick and Morty :heart: , The real Ghostbusters, Blues Brothers, The Jerk, What About Bob?, Tons more
Instrument: I wish
Do you like sports? Does complaining count? I'm good with that.:mrgreen:
Family: Mother and Grandmother.
Clothing: Something cute. I like showing off my assets. :lol:
How did you find this website? Internet
Job: Part time at a Grocery store check out.
Plans for the future? Too many to list.
Any comments? Girl's just wanna have fun. 8O

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 10:46 am

What is your first name? Laura

Hobbies and Interests: Anime, video games, manga, Pokemon battles, toys, music, animals, cute/pretty things

Why are you here? Because I was lonely.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I do have Aspergers, but I'm not officially diagnosed.

Favorite subjects: English, art class

Year/Grade: Homeschooled, I don't really know what grade I'd be in by normal school standards..

Favorite music: Vocaloids, Owl City, OneRepublic, stuff like that.

Books: Looking for Alaska, John Livingston Seagull, fairytales

TV shows/Movies: Good Luck Charlie, American Idol, Pokemon, Fresh Prince of Bel Air (problem?) YoKai Watch, and everything else is anime.

Instrument: Piano

Do you like sports? Heck no!

Family: My mom, dad, aunt, and two cousins.

Clothing: if you can picture a Sweet Lolita outfit with shorts instead of a dress, that's pretty much me. In winter, then I would either go full on Loli or wear pastel or normal denim skinny jeans with a cute t-shirt and jacket. Oh, and did I mention I like wearing my hair in pigtails?

How did you find this website? My dad had to go get the batteries in his watch replaced, and the jeweler lady recommended this site to me.

Job: When I grow up, I either wanna be a Youtuber, animator, voice actress, or a bakery girl. (If I can get by without burning everything!)

Plans for the future? I might get married, but I'm not having kids. Just no.

Any comments?

Kovu
Raven
Raven

23 Oct 2016, 2:21 pm

>What is your first name?

John.

>Age:

20yo-30yo.

>Location:

Gibraltar, I'm British (Spain sucks). I don't live in the Rock at the moment.

>Hobbies and Interests:

Reading and traveling the World. I love traveling, I'm always traveling. I've been to three different continents, but I wanna visit them all.

I have a fetish for micronations. I really like San Marino.

>Why are you here?

Isn't that obvious?

>When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):

Recently, approximately a year ago.

>Favorite subjects:

History, Languages, Politics and Anthropology. I find Molyneux interesting.

>Year/Grade:

College.

>Favorite music:

Classical/Opera, Synthwave/Retrowave, Simpsonwave, Vaporwave, Country, Jazz at times (not hip hop, hip hop is trash), Celt/Folklore, Piano, Experimental, Dodecaphonic, Bagpipes, Harp, Harmonica, Zarzuela, Yodeling, RAC, Viking Metal, Patriotic marches & Anthems, Music from ancient civilizations, Rock, Blues and so on. Just to name a few.

Opera would be my main genre.

>Books:

Bradbury, Orwell, Asimov, Dumas, Dostoyevsky, Carroll, Shaw, Bukowski, Sade, Freud.

Essays and novels mostly. I dislike people (I detest hugs), I've always been very bookwormy and distant.

>TV shows/Movies:

I'm embarrassed to admit that I'm an ex-Brony, but I like Zootopia, Lion King 1 & 2, Le Comte de Montecristo, 300, Jud Süß, Leaving Las Vegas, Matrix, Shock Corridor, Terminator 2 and much more. I'm quite the cinephile.

I ironically hate furries. I literally sum up everything that is wrong with the Internet.

>Instrument:

Harmonica.

>Do you like sports?

Muay Thai and Karate (brown belt). I also like outdoor jogging and swimming.

>Family:

I barely see them. I don't like old people.

>Clothing:

Casual. I don't truly care.

>How did you find this website?

Google.

>Job:

Autismbux NEET.

In this moment, I'm euphoric.

>Plans for the future?

I'm high class. I don't even want to work.

I also dislike poor people. I don't even find abortion immoral because I don't truly think human life is something valuable in the first place.

>Any comments?

I was both a bully and a bullied kid. Violence solves problems is something I learned the hard way. It's the truth, contrary to popular belief. I still mistreat people for fun sometimes. I've been to a mental asylum once and I don't truly fear getting arrested. I'll try to behave, but if I don't even fit in among the high IQ nerds then I'm done. I also have a bit of PTSD.

I don't even think I'm mentally gifted because I'm not (or perhaps I am, who knows), but being an intelligent person surrounded by dumb poorly educated people can be pretty insufferable at times (Andalusians are the worst, WTF is wrong with them?). I think you all can relate to what I mean. We Aspies are geniuses compared to these idiots, which is why I feel a lot of resentment and hatred towards them in the inside.

AnaHitori
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 4:50 pm

Midnightstar16 wrote:
Clothing: if you can picture a Sweet Lolita outfit with shorts instead of a dress, that's pretty much me. In winter, then I would either go full on Loli or wear pastel or normal denim skinny jeans with a cute t-shirt and jacket. Oh, and did I mention I like wearing my hair in pigtails?

You sound adorable! ^.^

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2016, 7:49 am

'I'm high class. I don't even want to work'.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, sir, but you are NOT. High class people do not exist, we are all equal.

The French of the 18th century and the Russians of 1917 had the right idea on how to deal with people like you.

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2016, 9:16 am

"but being an intelligent person surrounded by dumb poorly educated people can be pretty insufferable at times (Andalusians are the worst, WTF is wrong with them?). I think you all can relate to what I mean. We Aspies are geniuses compared to these idiots, which is why I feel a lot of resentment and hatred towards them in the inside."

Dunning and Kruger would have a field day. :hmph:

I absolutely cannot relate.