Page 298 of 358 [ 5723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 295, 296, 297, 298, 299, 300, 301 ... 358  Next

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2016, 9:58 am

AlienElfGirl, you described your first name as 'something which doesn't describe you at all'. I feel the same way about the name I was originally given. It does not suit me. This is why I use a different name.

ThunderBirds727
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Aug 2016, 4:40 pm

What is your first name? Whitney

Hobbies and Interests: drawing, playing ROBLOX, foruming

Why are you here? ... because I was foruming nervously since I'm new here and found this thread...

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): ADHD in 2003, Aspergers (High Functioning Autism) in 2005, and Anxiety in 2015

Favorite subjects: English, Art

Year/Grade: Freshman (college)

Favorite music: indie pop, alternate rock, and Gaelic/Celtic/Fantasy music

Books: BONE series, Scott Pilgrim series, POGO comics

TV shows/Movies: Wander Over Yonder, Mixels, Two More Eggs, Dangerous Jii-san
((Homestar Runner is a webtoon and I'm currently obsessed w/ that!! !))

Instrument: Former trumpet player

Do you like sports? Kinda, but Baseball and College football are my favs

Family: Dad, Mom, identical twin sister, me, and a cat

Clothing: Leggings or shorts (in the summer), geeky shirts, tattoo chokers,

How did you find this website? Looked it up

Job: None atm

Plans for the future? Another year at BRCTC, 2 years @ Shepherd U, then probably art school

Any comments? Uhm... no...

Elenajo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Aug 2016, 3:54 pm

Elena Jo

27 years old

Canada near Ottawa

I am here to meet fellow aspies

Learn of this site from Doctor

I like NCIS and flight 93

I like German techno

I like the Warriors series

I am an artist

My hobbies are art. My interests are airports, Airtravel, commercial aviation.

I am hoping to become a baggage handler at the airport.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2016, 7:58 am

What is your first name? It begins with an S.

Hobbies and Interests: Video games, music, visual arts, writing.

Why are you here? No particular reason.

When were you diagnosed? At the age of 7.

Favorite subjects: Too many.

Year/Grade: 2nd year of university (starting in a week).

Favorite music: Progressive rock/metal, heavy metal, psytrance.

Books: Paper Towns.

TV shows/Movies: Alien, Star Wars, The Matrix, Family Guy, South Park.

Instrument: Drums.

Do you like sports? Eh, not particularly.

Family: Mother, father and little brother.

Clothing: Casual.

How did you find this website? Google.

Job: Unemployed as of yet.

Plans for the future? Nothing specific.

Any comments? Eh.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2016, 2:41 am

ThunderBirds727 wrote:
What is your first name? Whitney

Hobbies and Interests: drawing, playing ROBLOX, foruming

Why are you here? ... because I was foruming nervously since I'm new here and found this thread...

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): ADHD in 2003, Aspergers (High Functioning Autism) in 2005, and Anxiety in 2015

Favorite subjects: English, Art

Year/Grade: Freshman (college)

Favorite music: indie pop, alternate rock, and Gaelic/Celtic/Fantasy music

Books: BONE series, Scott Pilgrim series, POGO comics

TV shows/Movies: Wander Over Yonder, Mixels, Two More Eggs, Dangerous Jii-san
((Homestar Runner is a webtoon and I'm currently obsessed w/ that!! !))

Instrument: Former trumpet player

Do you like sports? Kinda, but Baseball and College football are my favs

Family: Dad, Mom, identical twin sister, me, and a cat

Clothing: Leggings or shorts (in the summer), geeky shirts, tattoo chokers,

How did you find this website? Looked it up

Job: None atm

Plans for the future? Another year at BRCTC, 2 years @ Shepherd U, then probably art school

Any comments? Uhm... no...

Does your twin have ASD? :D

lexivee
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Aug 2016, 3:22 pm

What is your first name?
Lexi

Hobbies and Interests:
- I really love music

Why are you here?
- It seemed like a neat place

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):
Suspected at 3, sort of diagnosis at 6 and official diagnosis at 8.

Favorite subjects:
- music

Year/Grade: 14 (I'm going into my last extended second year of high school)

Favorite music:
- Marianas Trench (favourite band)
- Hedley
- Simple Plan
- The Trews
- Halestorm
- Theory Of A Deadman
- Fall Out Boy
- Taylor Swift
- Dallas Smith

Books:
- Percy Jackson series
- House of Night series

TV shows/Movies:
- The Walking Dead

Instrument:
- Guitar

Do you like sports?
No

Family: 1 brother, mom and dad, and some four legged "siblings" that hop and meow and bark...

Clothing:
- I get a lot of my clothes from Ardene / Spencer's / Band websites

How did you find this website?
- googling "how to go to a concert alone autism"

Job:
- Unemployed, get EIA.

Plans for the future?
- marry my partner

Any comments?
- I am panromantic and I do not really appreciate judgement about how my partner identifies themselves. Please don't do this r it will hurt my feelings. :cry:

cloudneko
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Aug 2016, 11:46 am

What is your first name?
Matt

Hobbies and Interests:
- Visual art
- Singing
- Acting
- Music
- Astronomy
- Cooking
- Anime & Manga

Why are you here?
Just curious to know what this place is about... And after wandering around... I decided to stay :lol:

Not officially diagnosed... yet.

Favorite subjects:
English, Art and Biology (All in secondary school)

Year/Grade:
First year polytechnic student

Favorite music:
- Pop (More of oldies. Like ABBA, The Carpenters etc.)
- Soul (Duffy, Amy Winehouse, Alex Clare etc.)
- Jazz
- Funk (A little)
- Rock (A little, sort of leaning towards indie rock. Like Florence + The Machine)
- Classical

Books:
As long as it's non-fiction and on anything I'm interested in

TV shows/Movies:
- Steven Universe
- Russell Howard's Good News
- Miranda
- The Catherine Tate Show
- Crime/Thriller Films
- Studio Ghibli Films (they're so gorgeous :cry: )
[ Actually there are quite a handful I want to mention but... ehehehehe :lol: ]

Instrument(s):
- Bb Soprano Clarinet
- Bb Soprano Saxophone
- Bb Trumpet

Do you like sports?
No :lol: :lol: :lol:

Family:
Mom, Dad and Little Brother

Clothing:
- I have this habit of wearing clothes in a specific color scheme (warm colors, all blue, black and white etc.)
- Oh, and I only wear Converse for shoes :lol: :lol: :lol:

One day I was feeling depressed and I just Googled "forum for Asperger's" and then BOOM. Here I am lol

Job:
Student (Tertiary)

Plans for the future?
I want to become a teacher, musician or artist when I'm older!

Any comments?
Hope I can make some friends here C:

Neurotypical Score: 79 of 200
Neurodiverse Score: 153 of 200

"The best feeling in the whole world is watching things finally fall in place after watching them fall apart for so long."

TheRedPedant93
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Sep 2016, 5:13 pm

What is your first name? Prefer not to disclose

Hobbies and Interests:

Childhood Interests:

Robot Wars, Marvin the Martian, Herge’s Adventures of Tintin, Looney Tunes, Crash Bandicoot games, Astronomy, Geography, washing machines (especially Hotpoint and Hoover ones), Hot-wheels (fantasy world) The Famous Five books (even I dislike fictional reading), Capital cities, Arab countries and culture, mud swamps, volcanoes, bus/train timetables, Davis lamppost (specific manufacturer), Titanic, Planet of the Apes game ps1

Ones in bold are special AS typical interests and are continuing to this day.

Ongoing Interests:

Cognitive & Behavioral Neuroscience, Neurodiversity, Abnormal Psychology, Asperger's syndrome, Autism Research, Autistic Rights Movement, Neurodivergencies (autism, giftedness, dyslexia, synesthesia, hyperlexia etc), Theoretical Conceptualization of Multiple Intelligences, Savant syndrome, Genetic, Neuroscientific, Sociological and Biomedical aspects of the autistic spectrum, The Divide and Conquer of Isms/Ologies, Libertarianism, The Individualism/Collectivism dichotomy, Clinical Pharmacology (including Psycho-pharmacology and Nutritional and Pharmacological Biochemistry), Biomedical Science, Psychopathology, Ideological Philosophies (as-well as critically analyzing them and mocking them), Critical Thinking, Logical Fallacies and Cognitive Biases, Nature vs. Nurture, Cause & Effect theory (e.g. Epigenetics), The critical analysis of the autistic rights/neurodiversity movement, "skeptic/freethinker" community, the Liberty movement and the "truther" group mentality (conspiracists).

Why are you here?

For occasional discussions/debates e.t.c

When were you diagnosed?

Professionally diagnosed by a clinical psychologist in Fall 1998 (unknown date) at an NHS hospital branch known as Rainbow House, which specializes in multidisciplinary paediatrics.

Favorite subjects: Neuroscience, Psychology and Biology

Year/Grade: HNC and Higher level, out of education for sometime.

Favorite music: Classical Jazz, Alternative Rock, Indie Rock, Heavy Metal, Soul (not hip-hop or modern soul), Indie Pop and Folk, Classic or Alternative Drum and Bass, Techno, Electronic occasional Neurofunk e.t.c, and Indigenous classical music. DO NOT like anything else as they are rubbish.

Books:

The Complete Guide to Asperger's syndrome, NeuroTribes: The Legacy of Autism and the Future of Neurodiversity, Far From the Tree: A Dozen Kinds of Love, The Myriad gifts of Asperger's syndrome, Islands of Genius: The Bountiful Mind of the Autistic, Acquired, and Sudden Savant, Worlds of Autism: Across the Spectrum of Neurological Difference, Asperger Syndrome in Adulthood: A Comprehensive Guide for Clinicians, The Neuroscience of Autism Spectrum Disorders, Autism Spectrum Disorders: Through The Lifespan, The Autism Matrix: The Social Origins of the Autism Epidemic, In a Different Key, The Skeptic's Annotated Bible, Logically Fallacious: The Ultimate Collection of Over 300 Logical Fallacies, The Greatest Show On Earth, Darwinian Conservatism, Apes or Angels?: Darwin, Dover, Human Nature, and Race, Isms & 'Ologies: All the Movements, Ideologies and Doctrines That Have Shaped Our World, SJWs Always Lie: Taking Down the Thought Police, A Government of Wolves: The Emerging American Police State, Undemocratic: How Unelected, Unaccountable Bureaucrats Are Stealing Your Liberty and Freedom, The Real Culture War: Individualism vs. Collectivism & How Bill O'Reilly Got It All Wrong, Unlearning Liberty, The Victims' Revolution: The Rise of Identity Studies and the Closing of the Liberal Mind, The Money Bomb, No More National Debt, Democracy Defined: The Manifesto, The World According to Monsanto: Pollution, Corruption, and the Control of the World's Food Supply, Cracked: Why Psychiatry is Doing More Harm Than Good

TV shows/Movies: Too many, when it comes to TV I like classical game shows and the sitcoms Fawlty Towers and Father Ted. Too many movies I like, but I'm not keen on romantic comedies.

Instrument: Never played any instruments.

Do you like sports? No, I've always hated it since I was young, although I used to enjoy watching snooker championships on the BBC.

Family: Not disclosing.

Clothing: Formal Dress shirts, formal coats, belts, sweatshirts (including v-necks and v-neck cardigan tops) and

Discovered it not long after researching ASD and then searching for communities.

Job: Unemployed

Plans for the future? Planning to study for an undergraduate degree in Neuroscience in a few years by obtaining the pertinent qualifications

Any comments? None

Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 1 out of 200
Alexithymia Questionnaire: 166/185 AQ: 49/50 EQ: 9/80

pixiedust7239
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Sep 2016, 2:08 pm

What is your first name? Michelle

Hobbies and Interests: Video Games, Computers, Genealogy, Crafts, Pets, Coloring

Why are you here? To find people like me to talk to and encourage my son to be active on this site as well.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I have 2 children with ASD and Bipolar. I, myself have never been diagnosed with that but I have been diagnosed with Major Depression/ Major Anxiety disorders. I and my family suspect that I have Asperger's Syndrome.

Favorite subjects:

Year/Grade:

Favorite music: All kinds

Books: Harry Potter, Twilight, A Discovery of Witches, House of Night series, Sookie Stackhouse (True Blood) series by Charlaine Harris, any history/old books.

TV shows/Movies: I mostly like sci-fi, fantasy, paranormal, historical tv shows. I do also like the Real Housewives shows and Little Women, Dance Moms, Hell's Kitchen, Project Runway. I used to watch crime dramas but can't watch too much lately. They make me anxious.

Instrument:

Do you like sports? No

Family:

Clothing:

How did you find this website? Google

Job: Currently a homemaker.

Plans for the future?

Any comments?

Ijaat
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Sep 2016, 9:26 am

What is your first name? Hannah

Hobbies and Interests:
Reading, Drawing, Listening to music, History, Ships and Boats and most stuff connected with it, Politics, Star Wars

Why are you here?
I guess this is a nice place

This spring, at the age of 18

Favorite subjects:
I used to enjoy History, Physics and Classical Greek

Year/Grade:
Graduated from High School last year, going to start university next month

Favorite music:
Metal(Sabaton, Disturbed, Nightwish, Judas Priest, Amon Amarth)

Books:
Republic Commando series by Karen Traviss, Skulduggery Pleasant, more or less everything written by Klaus Kordon

TV shows/Movies:
- Movies: Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Pink Panther series, Das Boot
- TV shows: M*A*S*H, The Simpsons, Peaky Blinders

Instrument:
I own a xylophone.

Do you like sports?
Yes, especially water sports(Rowing, sailing, paddleboarding and swimming) and soccer (though I am bad at that)

Family:
Grandparents, Mom, Dad, little brother

Clothing:
Baseball cap, cargo pants (or shorts), T-Shirts with funny prints

More or less by accident... think I googled something that led me here

Job:
student

Plans for the future?
getting my driving licence, getting a degree in engineering and becoming wealthy enough to buy a boat I can live on.

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2016, 5:43 pm

What is your first name? You may call me Lulu :)

Hobbies and Interests: mixed media art, colorful things, writing poetry, environmentalism, biology, insects, plant-based nutrition, macro (nature) photography

Why are you here? hoping to make connections with other people and get help with everyday coping T_T

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): multiple diagnoses since early adulthood

Favorite subjects: Entomology, Environmental studies, Ecology, Nutrition, taxonomy of plant species

Year/Grade: Soon to be first-year graduate student

Favorite music: Large range: Aggrotech, dark metal, ambient, trip-hop, techno, classical, indie

Books: Silo series (Howey), American Gods (Neil Gaiman), You Get So Alone at Times that it Just Makes Sense (Bukowski), The Tao of Pooh, Krampus (Brom)

TV shows/Movies: Adventure Time, Star vs. The Forces of Evil, Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, Rick and Morty, Stranger Things, That Mitchell and Webb Look, IT Crowd, Black Books, Kung Pow: Enter the Fist...the list goes on.

Instrument: None. I started to play piano as a child (had many meltdowns during lessons). I broke my arm on the playground, and i was quite happy that i didn't have to perform anymore.

Do you like sports? Not at all. I played volleyball in middle school (because I wanted to be nearer to my sister), but I was a miserable, clumsy wreck.

Family: Highly abusive household growing up. Still in contact with mother and older sister.

Clothing: must be 1) soft, breathable. scratchiness/stickiness makes my brain scream NOOOO, and too heavy or too light a material doesn't work either. 2) colors and patterns must align properly. i don't know how to explain this, but i am obsessed with colors/patterns.

How did you find this website? browsing

Job: None. I have a very difficult time leaving my house for the most part. I previously worked in a water treatment lab /operations. Ended in a complete meltdown due to obsessive thoughts and increased pain levels (I also have a fibromyalgia/sensory processing disorder diagnosis).

Plans for the future? I am working towards a degree in Nutrition with a focus on lifestyle management and disease prevention.

Any comments?

slave
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2016, 6:44 pm

Flown wrote:
What is your first name? You may call me Lulu :)

Hobbies and Interests: mixed media art, colorful things, writing poetry, environmentalism, biology, insects, plant-based nutrition, macro (nature) photography

Why are you here? hoping to make connections with other people and get help with everyday coping T_T

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): multiple diagnoses since early adulthood

Favorite subjects: Entomology, Environmental studies, Ecology, Nutrition, taxonomy of plant species

Year/Grade: Soon to be first-year graduate student

Favorite music: Large range: Aggrotech, dark metal, ambient, trip-hop, techno, classical, indie

Books: Silo series (Howey), American Gods (Neil Gaiman), You Get So Alone at Times that it Just Makes Sense (Bukowski), The Tao of Pooh, Krampus (Brom)

TV shows/Movies: Adventure Time, Star vs. The Forces of Evil, Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, Rick and Morty, Stranger Things, That Mitchell and Webb Look, IT Crowd, Black Books, Kung Pow: Enter the Fist...the list goes on.

Instrument: None. I started to play piano as a child (had many meltdowns during lessons). I broke my arm on the playground, and i was quite happy that i didn't have to perform anymore.

Do you like sports? Not at all. I played volleyball in middle school (because I wanted to be nearer to my sister), but I was a miserable, clumsy wreck.

Family: Highly abusive household growing up. Still in contact with mother and older sister.

Clothing: must be 1) soft, breathable. scratchiness/stickiness makes my brain scream NOOOO, and too heavy or too light a material doesn't work either. 2) colors and patterns must align properly. i don't know how to explain this, but i am obsessed with colors/patterns.

How did you find this website? browsing

Job: None. I have a very difficult time leaving my house for the most part. I previously worked in a water treatment lab /operations. Ended in a complete meltdown due to obsessive thoughts and increased pain levels (I also have a fibromyalgia/sensory processing disorder diagnosis).

Plans for the future? I am working towards a degree in Nutrition with a focus on lifestyle management and disease prevention.

Any comments?

Wow! Taxonomy, Bukowski and your hair 8O 8O swoons*.................... :heart: :heart: :heart: :oops:

Pinch me! am I dreaming?!?!

on a serious note, I'm sry to hear of how much you've suffered :(

Welcome, Lulu! :D

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2016, 10:55 am

slave wrote:
Wow! Taxonomy, Bukowski and your hair 8O 8O swoons*.................... :heart: :heart: :heart: :oops:

*blushes* Thank you (for your compliments and sympathies). It has been and continues to be a wild life.

Very nice to meet you!

slave
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2016, 8:52 pm

Flown wrote:
slave wrote:

*blushes* Thank you (for your compliments and sympathies). It has been and continues to be a wild life.

Very nice to meet you!

Likewise. :D

TheForeverMan
Toucan
Toucan

21 Sep 2016, 4:03 am

What is your first name? Scott

Hobbies and Interests: Working on cars, computer hardware, nostalgia buff (like old stuff from Victorian to 90s). History prior to the Permain-Triassic extinction event. Astronomy.

Why are you here? The vain hope of finding someone who would find me interesting.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Late 20s

Favorite subjects: None.

Year/Grade: N/A

Favorite music: I embrace most music. But mostly enjoy Power Metal.

Books: None.

TV shows/Movies: Supernatural

Instrument: None.

Do you like sports? God no.

Family: Don't like talking about them.

Clothing: Loose & bland.

How did you find this website? Boredom.

Job: None.

Plans for the future? Staying alive is a good start.

Any comments?

FluttercordAspie93
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2016, 1:01 pm

Not sure if I posted on here yet, but if I have, consider this an updated version:

What is your first name? Taylor. It was also my mother's maiden name. :)

Hobbies and Interests: Writing, reading, drawing, gaming, exercising, and a few fictional characters. :P

Why are you here? To meet others similar to me, as well as just trying to learn new things about myself.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I was technically given the Aspergers label in elementary school through testing, but I got a proper diagnosis in 2014.

Favorite subjects: English, Science, Art, and Creative Writing.

Year/Grade: I graduated from high school in 2012. I've had a few years experiences with Uni, but had to dropout due to various reasons.

Favorite music: It varies, really.

Books: I tend to read a lot of fiction, especially about dogs. Also like reading a bit of manga, occasionally.

TV shows/Movies: My favorite movie is Lilo & Stitch, and some of my favorite TV shows are My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and the Total Drama series.

Instrument: None, I don't play one.

Do you like sports? Not particularly, but I like swimming from time to time.

Family: I have a mother, a father, an older stepsister, an older brother, two younger sisters, as well as a younger brother, and currently four dogs. :D

Clothing: I like to wear a lot of baggy t-shirts and jeans most of the time, but I'm thinking about wearing some more feminine clothing.

How did you find this website? Can't remember, actually! XD

Job: None currently, but I would like to get into doing some volunteer work.

Plans for the future? To find a hubby that cares for and understands me, so I can start a family of my own. :heart:

Any comments? Living life to the fullest! :P