Page 302 of 358 [ 5722 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 299, 300, 301, 302, 303, 304, 305 ... 358  Next

RationalMadman
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Jan 2017, 11:07 am

What is your first name? Not gonna happen.

Hobbies and Interests: Anything where the more you do it, the better you get.
Exceptions: Netflix and Spotify. I need some thoughtless recreation from time to time. :P

Why are you here? Loneliness foremost, boredom not too far behind, other motives lag behind.

When were you diagnosed? 7-8 (I have been rediagnosed, last at 18)

Favorite subjects: School... Yeah I hated it. That being said, I found the sciences most tolerable, especially chemistry.

Year/Grade: Quit school, I'm currently grinding a somewhat living on poker but it's a lot harder than I first thought (don't bother practising with play money, the players at real money games are much better and disciplined by about 20 times), I may look into other gambling ventures or something else entirely.

Favorite music: God, I love many kinds of music, at some point I'll make legit complete playlists on Spotify. I love rap and EDM styles a lot. Trap and House variations are my typical abode when it comes to EDM. When it comes to rap my favorite 2 rappers (both absolutely brilliant in their own way) are Madchild and Hopsin. I do not consider Tupac or the oldschool rappers talented and think their slow style needs to stop being admired if rap is truly going to progress. Tech-N9ne is great BUT he is far too overrated. He's good, not flawless. People give him too much credit.

Books: I have unmedicated ADD (on top of the Asperger's). That should basically sum up how much I read on a regular basis. I'm a hands-on learner.

TV shows/Movies: SO MANY. Hmm, Dexter, Monk, Breaking Bad, Narcos, Criminal Minds, Weeds and many more; yeah basically I'm a criminal at heart.

Instrument: Keyboard Kappa... Well I can sing. So does voice count?

Do you like sports? I guess with this site, it's a love/hate relationship people have with sports. I'm the sport-hating type of Aspie. Bullying is definitely part of why. There was a consistent correlation between being sporty and being a bully during my childhood so I associated the entire thing with negativity. That's not to say that unsporty people don't bully, just that very sporty people can't help but be critical of those who are not.

Family: I do not like my family. Well, I like some of my cousins. Hmm, not sure what else to say. I have a sister and two parents. I don't like them. I dislike my mother the least, she's a decent human being just not my type. My dad and sister are just irritating and cold. I am very sure that my father and his mother have undiagnosed Asperger's (his mother is definitely a full blown Aspie).

Clothing: Casual but trendy... I can make a hoodie and tracksuit look sexy. I have a slender body so any clothing that is not made for bigger-built people suits me.

How did you find this website?
Years ago. I had Asperger's and felt lonely but now I'm legit going to be a regular here. I have Asperger's and it's annoying that others cannot deal with me. I'm too 'rude' for their liking. Rude being honest.

Job: Up until a month ago, I was a potwasher/dishwasher at a restaurant. Now I grind poker but I'm already going to pay more in rent and memberships this month than I earned so I'm just going to try and improve knowing when to take risks and when not to. It's a huge process, it's not a typical job after all (I think that's what draws me in).

Plans for the future?
After I grind enough cash, begin to invest in stocks and shares. Once I have a good understanding of them, I want to slowly get rich enough with enough experience to really invest in small companies and take them from nobodies to McDonald's or Google level. I have an amazing ability to see the talent and explosive potential in people and things tha tno one else can see. It's also a curse because I see threats from far away that no one else sees so people think I am paranoid. the restaurant I used to work at I warned the owners that the chef was extremely untrustworthy. He's run off with around $2.5k (USD) that doesn't mean I live in USA anyway, he's going to sue them unless they give him his knives back but refuses to return the payment. The owners of the restaurant are my parents. Mhmm, now you are beginning to see why I and them don't get along; they don't get my ability to read people and I can't handle people who don't let my talents flourish. So ultimately my aim is to have my talents flourish, regardless of fame (I'd hate to be famous, I want to be the string puller, not the smiling puppet).

Any comments? I'm the type of Aspie that can give the disorder a bad name. I am arrogant and am tired of the world telling me to change. In the end, either you grab the world by the balls and make it your b**** or the world will do that very thing to you. :twisted:

Glflegolas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Jan 2017, 8:05 pm

What is your first name? Forget it, you'll regret it!

Hobbies and Interests: Many, but my main ones are sailing, hiking, construction, logging, karate, and cycling.

Why are you here? Because there were some cool conversations on this forum, and I figured why not join? I've done various forums for nearly eight years now, and I know my way around pretty well.

When were you diagnosed? At least a decade ago?

Favorite subjects: Organic chemistry. Biology is a close second.

Year/Grade: 3rd year undergrad.

Favorite music: Two Steps From Hell, Immediate Music, Stompin' Tom Connors, audiomachine, Stan Rogers, Gordon Lightfoot, but I'll listen to anything that's not Top 40 or pop music. My favourite song is the Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald.

Books: Mostly Lord of the Rings and organic chemistry related books.

TV shows/Movies: The Lord of the Rings Film Trilogy, MythBusters, How It's Made, Railroad Alaska, Mayday, Highway Thru Hell. I don't watch TV much though; if I watch three hours a month that's a lot.

Instrument: Piano. And I can sing. So does voice count?

Do you like sports? I don't like to watching sports, and I'm kind of dyspraxic, so I'm not much good at sports. That being said, though, I do karate, and I do enjoy doing a casual competition every now and then.

Family:I like them a lot, they're always helpful when needed.

Clothing: I wear the same stuff every day, except in summer. Tan pants, a grey sweater, and whatever shirt I got my hands on first. Also I tend to wear the same blue coat all the time.

How did you find this website? About two months ago through Google. I was Googling something (don't remember what) and came across this site multiple times. I took a look and decided to sign up.

Job: Teaching assistant, research assistant. Pretty cool stuff. Being a TA is tough sometimes, but thankfully I have a very kind supervisor who's always there to help if things get overwhelming (which doesn't happen very often at all).

Plans for the future? I'll finish up my degree and get a Masters, and possibly a PhD. Perhaps I'll become a professor? I'll also travel around Canada by RV and train, and sail to Baffin Island.

Any comments? To take the great leap forward, you must take two steps back.

But sometimes.... you just need the will to jump.

Myers-Briggs personality: The Commander
Asperger's Quiz: 79/111, both neurodiverse and neurotypical traits present. AQ score: 23 Raads-r score: here

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2017, 8:27 pm

Glflegolas wrote:
My favourite song is the Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald.

I like that song too.

NotNeurotypical
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Jan 2017, 8:18 am

What is your first name?: Mikaela.

Hobbies and Interests: Love reading and learning everything I can about serial killers. Jack the Ripper and the Zodiac Killer is two of my favourites. I'm not a groupie, I just find it super interesting how minds work and what might
influence them into different actions.
I draw, almost all the time. Always have a couple of sketchbooks and a handful of pens with me.
Books are another obsession. And I write some pretty bad poetry.

Why are you here?: To feel like I'm not alone, that I'm not a stranger in a strange world.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Yet to be diagnosed.

Favourite subjects: Art, Languages, Psychology.

Year/Grade: Looking into schools, hoping to get in to Library- and information science.

Favourite music: Mostly Emo, but not only.

Books: Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and anything about serial killers.

TV shows/Movies: Action, Superhero movies. I have a great love of Marvel.

Instrument: I tried the violin, piano, gitarr, but I'm not musically gifted. My brother got that instead :)

Do you like sports? If so, which ones?: I prefer not to be in a team.. I like boxing, and badminton.

Family: Mother, stepfather, step-siblings. Half brother on my fathers side, 7 years younger and "normal", we don't talk much but I love him to death. Don't like my father, he's not a nice man..

Clothing: Anything that feels good against my skin, I'm kinda picky.. Jeans are a favourite.

How did you find this website?: Google.

Job: Worked as an orderly at a mental ward, but ironically I suffered a mental brake and got locket up at that same ward.. So I don't feel comfortable working there anymore. Hoping to get into school, and after that I'd love to work in a library.

Plans for the future?: I have a hard time imagining things like that, so I tend not to plan that much.

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 1:55 pm

Love Gordon Lightfoot and Canada. Would love to live there.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2017, 9:32 am

What is your first name? Nope.

Hobbies and Interests: Drawing, animating, reading 'stuff' online, books, languages, movies, nature

Why are you here? I've long suspected an aspie out of me. Although i was made fun of by a couple of psychiatrist and diagnosed with things like social phobia, ocd, add, psychotic depression and mild schizophrenia, in the end i found some doctor who was willing to listen(or read as i can't talk to him well yet?) more. And when i was finally diagnosed to have aspergers syndrome i decided to find more people who share similarities and here i am.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I was diagnosed only a month ago!

Favorite subjects: Totally character design and illustration. (The lecturer who taught the illustration class was probably an aspie too)

Year/Grade: Waiting for graduation for which i must show them i can hold a job by doing an internship...

Favorite music: Mostly metal or instrumental movie musics.

Books: Kafka! Little Prince!
Neil Gaiman, Edgar Allan Poe, Paulo Coelho... just to name few writers that i like.
I like shamanic themes and have my own set of beliefs on it. My favorite one might be Harald Braem's Shaman.
I like reading abstract poetry and psychological themed books including self-help books. (I find books of Rudy Simone especially helpful)

TV shows/Movies: I like watching cartoons and animes... My favorite anime is Fullmetal Alchemist.
I watch cartoons like... Gumball, Regular Show, South Park and alike.
Favorite series might be Wilfred, Little Britain, Black Books maybe...
My favorite movie is Mary and Max. I watch everyday at least a movie and have severa movies that i keep watching.

Instrument: I do not play any.

Do you like sports? Nope, too clumsy. So much going on to keep up with that it makes me very confused if not any worse!

Family: I have two families. First is where i am the young child. My parents and my older sister are all great people and i appreciate their support a lot. Especially my sister is an incredibly capable person and she helps me with everything without ever judging. I might have sometimes difficulties showing affection to my core family but i love them very deeply. My second family consists of my partner, our cat and dog. I have great difficulty living with the dog and most of my meltdowns are caused by him. And yet the cat is my ultimate savior and we have many similarities with her.
My partner has also his own share of diagnoses and is on a disability wage.

Clothing: Comfortable and tight clothes with several loose layers on them in winter. I have inside and outside clothes and wear them everyday until they get smelly. Then i change into something else to wear and wash the first ones. It goes in cycles.

How did you find this website? Google

Job: Not yet found. But i work as a freelance illustrator for ridiculous prices.

Plans for the future? I hope to find a job and be independent. Freedom and a life without confusion are my only wish.

The Craig Lebowski
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Feb 2017, 10:47 am

What is your first name? Craig
(In Gaelic Craig means Dweller At The Crag, which I have come to translate as hermit)

Hobbies and Interests: Travel, Science, Writing, Music, Good storytelling, Campfires, Taoist Tai Chi

Why are you here? My doctor suggested this website as part of my treatment for my Asperger diagnosis

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 10 days ago on January 24th, 2017

Favorite subjects: I do seem to enjoy talking about myself a lot, LOL!

Year/Grade: I have an associates degree from Seattle Central Community College

Favorite music: Beck is my all-time favorite music creator, and his album Sea Change is the one album I would take with me if I were shipwrecked on a deserted island with an endless supply of batteries... Mike Doughty also moves my songwriter soul!

Books: Even Cowgirls Get The Blues, Be Here Now, The Holographic Universe, The Prophet, Candide, Doors Of Perception, and I wrote a fiction novel called Promised Landfill...

TV shows/Movies: Fargo, Rick And Morty, The Big Lebowski, Game Of Thrones, Vikings, Adventure Time, Balls Of Fury

Instrument: I play guitar as well as hand percussion, not simultaneously

Do you like sports? I enjoy the idea of competitive contests, though the more commercial the sport, the less I want to see or participate in it... I like to watch soccer, skateboarding, basejumping, wingsuits, and surfing... As far as which sports I like to play, maybe only beach volleyball, ping pong, and chess...

Family: Is this a question? Yes, I have family, though I am likely the only member on the ASD scale

Clothing: Thrift shop style with entropy due to being poor

How did you find this website? My Aspie Doctor suggested it

Job:

Plans for the future? Surviving 2017 and learning better ways to live my life, picking up the pieces of last yer's trainwreck, and taking Taoist Tai Chi classes

Any comments? Be patient with me, I am a new user to forums, to this website, and to human interaction in general

Christy99
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Feb 2017, 11:01 am

the_enigma wrote:
This is a model of how you should answer your questions. All questions are optional. I thought this would be a good icebreaker for everyone.

This is a model of how you should answer your questions. All questions are optional. I thought this would be a good icebreaker for everyone.

Quote:
What is your first name?

Hobbies and Interests:

Why are you here?

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):

Favorite subjects:

Year/Grade:

Favorite music:

Books:

TV shows/Movies:

Instrument:

Do you like sports?

Family:

Clothing:

How did you find this website?

Job:

Plans for the future?

Any comments?

What is your first name? Ashley

Hobbies and Interests: Internet, reading, writing and solitaire

Why are you here? I have PDD-NOS/hyperlexia

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): age 2, circa 1991

Favorite subjects: History and Software class

Year/Grade: 10th grade next fall

Favorite music: Nothing in particular, as long as it sounds good

Books: Flowers for Algernon, Lord of the Flies, The Chocolate War, the Almanac and several non-fiction books.

TV shows/Movies: I don't have a favorite one

Instrument: I play the tenorsax and I'm learning the piano

Do you like sports? If so, which ones?: I play basketball

Family: A mom and a dad. I have a 13 year old sister that isn't autistic or Asperger's.

Clothing: Mostly casual. I don't like anything that is too fancy or trendy. I still keep my wardrobe updated though

How did you find this website? Nuttdan gave me a link to wrongplanet.net

Job: Don't have one yet. I'm planning to work at the library.

Plans for the future? I want to be an author

Any comments? Nothing much to say. I enjoy this website very much and I hope all of you find this icebreaker fun.

Hobbies and Interests: Hobbies, coloring in adult coloring books, jewelry making, surfing web, Interests, watching netflix, swimming, painting in oils, walking my dog, listening to music, reading the bible sometimes another book

Why are you here? there are not enough support groups in maine for adults on the spectrum esp in york county
in york county there are NONE.

when were you diagnosed: this past month

Favorite subjects: art, art history, anthropology, religion, politics, comedy

Year grade; graduated in 1995

Favorite music; bob dylan and most anything but heavy metal.

Books; I need to read more

Tv shows; The Borgia's and Borgia

Instruments: tried to learn violin couldn't afford lessons anymore was doing well

Do you like sports if so which ones. I like to watch the red sox

Family, a mom dad a step dad and a step mom sister and brother. I am the only one with aspergers

Clothing; trendy and fancy and relaxed. what ever is appropriate for where i am

how did you get the link for this website? someone from a support group gave it to me

Job; Disabled would like to work at walmart

Plans for the future? I take it one day at a time

Any comments? I hope my picture is up on my profile by now

Freela6663
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Feb 2017, 9:55 pm

Mine's aka, "Freela6663". :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8)
[i]*Please, note I didn't answer....ALL Questions, because I was.. to LAZY. Ok.*[/i]
What is your first name?: Well, my real name is, actually Maria. *But you can call me, Freela if you want.*

Location: California ;USA, can't tell the city, for safety & personal, reasons.

Hobbies and Interests: Art and drawing, I love it soo, much. I'm naturally born, talented as well. 8) 8)

Why are you here?: To meet, other people on the spectrum. And I love the, website too. Talks abut many, topics for us, Autistics.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I was diagnosed.... March of 2014, just a few short months, after I turned 12, when I was in 6th grade. ((*Diagnosed with, Autism Spectrum Disorder*)).

Favorite subjects:Art, and possibly some others..as well.

Year/Grade: ((*Freshman in HS, or 9th grade, to make it easier to say.*)) 2016-2017...

Favorite music: All genres, I guess.

TV shows/Movies: Futurama is, one for sure, because I love it!! !! ! :heart: :heart: 8)....and also, a lot other, as well.

Do you like sports? Nope. :roll: :wink:

Plans for the future? Well, one of, the, things I want to do, is.....be a CARTOONIST when I grow, up.

HouseOfMadpeak
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Feb 2017, 2:17 am

MamaFrankie5259 wrote:
Love Gordon Lightfoot and Canada. Would love to live there.

I personally feel that we lack mental health resources here. And because of a small population it can be difficult to find people who understand you if you're different. Nature is lovely though.

HouseOfMadpeak
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Feb 2017, 2:44 am

Hobbies and Interests: Listening to music, reading, watching videos, exploring.

Why are you here? To see if I can meet people who are similar to me. And hopefully feel like I can fit in somewhere. I recently suffer from agoraphobia and haven't gone outside except to buy groceries.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I was only diagnosed with OCD and depression in high school, social anxiety in 2004, SPD and MDD in 2014. Someone suggested AS a few years ago, but testing isn't covered if you are over the age of 6.

Favorite subjects: In high school I liked chemistry and Japanese. In university I studied biology and chemistry. I'm good at memorizing (visually), but not good with numbers.

Favorite music: Kpop, Visual kei (my forum name is from Zoro, who was previously called Soroban), pop punk, emo, post-hardcore. Music calms me so I have to listen to music if I am out in public. It also blocks out the noise.

Books: Lord of The Flies, The Picture of Dorian Gray, Harry Potter, Peter Pan.

TV shows/Movies: Documentaries and reality TV shows. Also sitcoms. Horror movies, and independent movies (that have a kind of dark humor). I don't watch a lot of movies, but I watch TV shows a lot since I stopped going outside. Mostly Netflix.

Do you like sports? I like to do active things, but I don't like being around people, or doing sports in public.

Clothing: Whatever I think looks cute or cool. I like loose tops with skinny jeans, or leggings. Or dresses. Mostly black, navy blue, or grey.

How did you find this website? I don't remember. I lurked here before more than a year ago, but just made an account today.

Job: Unemployed.

Plans for the future? If possible I want to work in a lab.

Any comments? I'm not good with people, and I am not interested in most people, but I want to be helpful, and promote positive change/fairness in society, for everyone.

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2017, 10:43 am

HouseOfMadpeak wrote:

Hobbies and Interests: Listening to music, reading, watching videos, exploring.

Why are you here? To see if I can meet people who are similar to me. And hopefully feel like I can fit in somewhere. I recently suffer from agoraphobia and haven't gone outside except to buy groceries.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I was only diagnosed with OCD and depression in high school, social anxiety in 2004, SPD and MDD in 2014. Someone suggested AS a few years ago, but testing isn't covered if you are over the age of 6.

Favorite subjects: In high school I liked chemistry and Japanese. In university I studied biology and chemistry. I'm good at memorizing (visually), but not good with numbers.

Favorite music: Kpop, Visual kei (my forum name is from Zoro, who was previously called Soroban), pop punk, emo, post-hardcore. Music calms me so I have to listen to music if I am out in public. It also blocks out the noise.

Books: Lord of The Flies, The Picture of Dorian Gray, Harry Potter, Peter Pan.

TV shows/Movies: Documentaries and reality TV shows. Also sitcoms. Horror movies, and independent movies (that have a kind of dark humor). I don't watch a lot of movies, but I watch TV shows a lot since I stopped going outside. Mostly Netflix.

Do you like sports? I like to do active things, but I don't like being around people, or doing sports in public.

Clothing: Whatever I think looks cute or cool. I like loose tops with skinny jeans, or leggings. Or dresses. Mostly black, navy blue, or grey.

How did you find this website? I don't remember. I lurked here before more than a year ago, but just made an account today.

Job: Unemployed.

Plans for the future? If possible I want to work in a lab.

Any comments? I'm not good with people, and I am not interested in most people, but I want to be helpful, and promote positive change/fairness in society, for everyone.

Emboldened bit: That is exactly how I feel. The majority of the time, I hate the entire human race (apart from family and a select few) but I do believe in fairness, equality and decency.

HouseOfMadpeak
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Feb 2017, 4:21 pm

MamaFrankie5259 wrote:

Emboldened bit: That is exactly how I feel. The majority of the time, I hate the entire human race (apart from family and a select few) but I do believe in fairness, equality and decency.

I don't want to say I hate everyone, but I wouldn't be sad if most people disappeared.

TheSagster
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Feb 2017, 6:38 am

What is your first name? - Sagi

Hobbies and Interests: knitting, crocheting, painting, drawing, writing, reading, and making ATCs

Why are you here? - I want to make friends with people

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): in October 2015

Favorite subjects: it depends on my mood

Year/Grade: B.A in Interactive Communications, Degree in Shiatsu

Favorite music: Pop, Rock, R&B

Books: All 7 Harry Potter books, The Tao of Pooh is a top favorite too

TV shows/Movies: Gilmore Girls, - I have a blank about others

Instrument: Guitar

Do you like sports? - rollerblading is my favorite

Family: 3 parents, 2 biological siblings, 2 step siblings

Clothing: comfy and sportive and Jeans

How did you find this website? - I heard about this website from a lecture Alex gave and decided to join

Job: Massage Therapist

Plans for the future? - as of now I don't have any

Any comments? - So far I'm having a really good time posting and reading the replies after me :mrgreen:

Sagi

Dougyhowzer
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Feb 2017, 4:48 pm

What is your first name Doug

Hobbies and Interests: Musical composition . Video Games , board games . Movies

Why are you here? To be with others who have autistic traits like myself

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I am currently in the process of being assessed for ASD . Hopefully I will have a diagnosis soon .

Favorite subjects: Social Justice . Creativity .

Year/Grade:

Favorite music: Country, 80s rock ,

Books: Star Wars paperback novels

TV shows/Movies:loaded weapon . The Shadow . Liar liar .

Instrument: classical guitar , drums , piano .).
Do you like sports? If so, which one

Family: God Parents , 3 Chosen sisters , best friend/ Chosen brother .

Clothing:casual cloths like jeans and Tshirts

Job:

What are you planning to do when you get older? i hope to become a jazz guitarist and composer after I finish my classical guitar training and music theory .

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2017, 1:54 pm

What is your first name? Leticia

Hobbies and Interests: cooking, cinema, modernism, politics, gardening, photography, design and illustration

Why are you here? people seemed nicer than in other parts of internet

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): not yet

Favorite subjects: history, sociology and portuguese/literature.

Year/Grade: 3rd year at architecture school

Favorite music: i love regina spektor and belle and sebastian

Books: catcher in the rye, the picture of dorian gray, grande sertão: veredas (the devil to pay in the backlands)

TV shows/Movies: girls (TV), game of thrones (TV), pushing daisies (TV) / frances ha, daisies, i'm a cyborg but that's ok, antonia's line... I love so many I can't mention all

Instrument: none, I tried to learn guitar but I have difficult with sequences/rhythm

Do you like sports? I used to when I was smaller, swimming and soccer but I gave up because I didn't felt comfortable with people and now I'm struggling to go back because I gain too much weigh and still feel uncomfortable

Family: I have one sister who is 2 years old

Clothing: I like long/mid skirts and colorful clothes and patterns but sometimes I'm afraid to dress the way I want because people mock me

How did you find this website? I was searching about asperger because a friend mentioned it to me

Job: I just study now

Plans for the future? I want to finish the university and I don't want to work in my field :/ maybe I'll try to study something else or get a job in another field... I considering joining international public service, I once dreamed about being a diplomat but I'm not sure about anything

Any comments? I'm new, I made a topic about it but wanted to answer here also