Page 308 of 358 [ 5723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 305, 306, 307, 308, 309, 310, 311 ... 358  Next

slave
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 12:36 am

221B wrote:
slave wrote:
221B wrote:
What is your first name?

Hobbies and Interests: i have passing interests. current one is asperger's. previous ones include psychology, medicine, animals, guitar, drums, violin, piano, cello, being an emo (when i was a teen), my chemical romance (teen years), goth culture, italian language, australia, indian music, house md, the big bang theory, sherlock, chess, mahjong...

Why are you here? not to be lonely and learn about asperger's.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):
self diagnosed myself a few months ago.

Favorite subjects:
philisophy, psychology. anything thought provoking.

Year/Grade:
what grade?

Favorite music:
dont have faves. but i dont like rap, metal and mainstream pop.

Books: i cant remember past books, movies or music.

TV shows/Movies:
latest favourite: sherlock

Instrument:

Do you like sports?
no
Family:
they dont understand me but i dont care about it as much anymore.

Clothing: jeans and tshirts. sweatpants and my comfort hoodie. sneakers. anything comfortable.

How did you find this website? google

Job: one that i hate and that includes too much social interaction.

Plans for the future? to die soon and peacefully. (not by suicide)

Any comments? i just want a real friend.

May I ask for more info about this?
Are you terminally ill?
I am puzzled by your statement.

"Plans for the future? to die soon and peacefully. (not by suicide)"

no I'm not terminally ill. I just don't like my life. I was half serious, half joking.

Sry to hear. :(

AffableNomad
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Sep 2017, 3:03 am

221B wrote:
What is your first name?

Hobbies and Interests: i have passing interests. current one is asperger's. previous ones include psychology, medicine, animals, guitar, drums, violin, piano, cello, being an emo (when i was a teen), my chemical romance (teen years), goth culture, italian language, australia, indian music, house md, the big bang theory, sherlock, chess, mahjong...

Why are you here? not to be lonely and learn about asperger's.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):
self diagnosed myself a few months ago.

Favorite subjects:
philisophy, psychology. anything thought provoking.

Year/Grade:
what grade?

Favorite music:
dont have faves. but i dont like rap, metal and mainstream pop.

Books: i cant remember past books, movies or music.

TV shows/Movies:
latest favourite: sherlock

Instrument:

Do you like sports?
no
Family:
they dont understand me but i dont care about it as much anymore.

Clothing: jeans and tshirts. sweatpants and my comfort hoodie. sneakers. anything comfortable.

How did you find this website? google

Job: one that i hate and that includes too much social interaction.

Plans for the future? to die soon and peacefully. (not by suicide)

Any comments? i just want a real friend.

I noticed that you listed "sherlock" both as an interest and your least favorite TV show. Was that a test to see if we'd notice? ;)

Perhaps you love to hate it. I'm partial to Elementary.

I'm very familiar with the feeling you're having in regards to your plans for the future. I hope it gets better for you soon, as it did for me very recently. It helped me to talk to people about how I was feeling, once I figured out how to properly describe it.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." – Mark Twain

Earthgirl11
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Sep 2017, 7:43 am

What is your first name? Brittany

Hobbies and Interests: Nature, Animals, Rocks, History

Why are you here? Looking for people in common

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Age 7 - 2004

Favorite subjects: Science and History

Year/Grade: Junior in college

Favorite music: Pop and Alternative

Books: Teen fantasy/Dystopian genre and Historical novels

TV shows/Movies: Science, history, and paranormal documentaries - also action movies

Instrument: Singing and songwriting

Do you like sports? No, I have no interest in sports

Family: I live with my mom

Clothing: I highly prefer wearing cute, trendy clothes. I love shopping

How did you find this website? Google search engine

Job: I haven't worked anywhere yet

Plans for the future? Finish my education and get a bachelor's. My major is currently undecided.

Any comments? I'm new here

JoeNavy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Sep 2017, 10:25 am

What is your first name?: Jim

Hobbies and Interests: Varied... Woodworking, tinkering, designing and inventing (just have to actually complete one of them), gardening, archery, weapons of all kinds, history, science, math, reading, economics, sociology, playing strategy games, getting sidetracked because something else caught my interest.

Why are you here?: Trying to figure things out. Looking for behavior patterns that most closely approximate my own. People that understand that I am different from the norm because they are also a variant from the norm. Have two children diagnosed with ASD. One of them acts very much like I did at her age.
Metaphysically, still just trying to figure things out.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Diagnosed with ADD as child, personality disorder (unspecified) in 1991 (3 years before the DSM IV came out). Have since been diagnosed with anxiety and long-term depression, an unspecified learning disability (probably dyspraxia) and they have not ruled out ASD. Waiting to be tested for that.

Favorite subjects: Almost any subject is enjoyable. It depends on the format. I do have a predilection toward math and science, but I enjoy history and like to write as long as I am not forced to.

Year/Grade: AAS Electronics/Instrumentation, BS Business Management (suits me because it is a very general degree)

Favorite music: Classical to Death Metal and just about anything in between. If the song or piece moves me, I don't care about the genre.

Books: Almost all of the ones with words in them. I tend to shy away from romance novels as the mushy stuff makes me a bit uncomfortable, except when it is me directing the mushy stuff at my wife...weird, I know. I tend to read a lot of sci-fi and fantasy, but I am just as likely to be reading a classic or nonfiction of some sort. I do love reading stuff from authors like Donald Kagan, Ian W. Toll, and Jared Diamond. I know the last one sound like a jewelry store, but he is an actual author.

TV shows/Movies: Action, comedy, a few select romantic comedies (what?), crime drama, horror. Hate drama for the sake of drama and reality shows.

Instrument: My voice only. Can't make my hands do the intricate stuff(neither automatically nor quickly) that is generally required to play any instrument well. Have been a lead singer in a cover band as well as a tenor soloist in church.

Do you like sports?: Could not care less about team sports... I do appreciate a good game in which the teams are well matched, and it becomes a duel between coaching skills and team strategies. I used to enjoy individual sports but am now unable to participate much.

Family: My family is the one that I chose (who, happily, chose me back), and our children. I need no one else. I like other relatives, but can only deal with them in small doses. Pretty much like I handle the rest of the world.

Clothing: Yes I wear them, but only because I must.

How did you find this website? Doing some online tests, shortly after I had an epiphany that I may be on the spectrum.

Job: Currently a management analyst, last prior job was accountant, before that was an admin assistant and published writer. And so on... Did 20+ years in the USN, had many different jobs there

Plans for the future? Buy a farm and retire to doing a little bit of everything, every day, for the rest of my life.

Any comments? Thanks to everyone who has put this website together and posted on it. It is only the second time in my life that I feel I somewhat fit in as an individual. The first time it happened, I married her. The military does not count as it provides its own common ground and reasons for unity.

Phrygian
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Sep 2017, 8:23 am

What is your first name? ???

Hobbies and Interests: Music, philosophy, nutrition, hearthstone

Why are you here? I would love to connect with other aspies

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Last year at 22.

Favorite subjects: Philosophy, Biology

Year/Grade: Finished

Favorite music: Jazz, Fusion, Flamenco, Classical, Electronica. In general alot of instrumental stuff.

Books: "Ecce homo" and "Either or".

TV shows/Movies: Anything that's well done.

Instrument: Guitar and drums.

Do you like sports? No, but I like strength training.

Family: Lives quite far away, I don't see them too often.

Clothing: I like to keep it simple, fitted t-shirts and jeans.

How did you find this website? Google search engine

Job: Sound designer.

Plans for the future? Build up my resume. Make new friends.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 5:55 pm

abbynied wrote:
What is your first name? Abby

Hobbies and Interests: Ok you asked for it :lol:

GAMES I PLAY SERIOUSLY
PC - Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 and 2, Sims 2, Zoo Tycoon
NES - Super Mario Bros, Super Mario 3, Dr. Mario, Bubble Bobble
SEGA GENESIS - Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, Sonic The Hedgehog 1 and 2
GAME BOY - Pokemon Red, Yellow, Gold, Crystal
ARCADE - Ms. Pacman, Galaga

TV I WATCH RELIGIOUSLY
South Park, It's Alway's Sunny in Philadelphia, Seinfeld, The Facts of Life, Daria, Parks and Recreation, Bob's Burgers
All 90's Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network.
Early 2000's Adult Swim

MUSIC ON CONSTANTLY
The Spice Girls, 60's - 80's Classic Rock and R&B, 90's - early 2000's rap, hip-hip, rock, and pop.
Electronic and video game music. Remixes and Mashups.

OTHER OBSESSIONS
Coloring books, dinosaurs and reptiles, my snake Monty, VHS tapes and found footage, Rubik's Cube, Jigsaw Puzzles, Dog person. Macbook Pro that uses game emulators and Windows XP for hacked games.

Why are you here?

Well, I had a lot of trouble with Asperger's as a kid because I wasn't diagnosed. After my diagnosis and through going to college and living independently and having jobs, I learned how to blend in. People don't know I have Asperger's when they meet me because I am so good at acting neurotypical. I don't want to do that anymore. It's exhausting and it doesn't gain me any true friendships. I am very lucky to have a couple good friends and a girlfriend who know the real me. Now I feel like I want to meet more people like myself who have a diagnosis because that is where the realness is.

When were you diagnosed? 18 years old. Senior year of high school.

Instrument: Piano and Percussion but I am out of practice.

Do you like sports? Nope!

Family: A sister who is 27 and both biological parents. I live states away from them though.

Clothing: Huge t-shirt collection. I prefer mens clothing. Cargo shorts are my favorite. I like to customize most of everything. I do dyes, tie dye, home screen printing, and sewing to make my stuff more "me."

How did you find this website?

I had an account when I was a teenager but I don't remember the login and I would rather start fresh on a new account as an adult anyway.

Job: Freelance art and film

Plans for the future? I am trying to earn a world record and that is my biggest goal. Otherwise just basic survival.

I think i remember you the first time you were here. Welcome back!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

infelix
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Sep 2017, 1:07 pm

Hobbies and Interests: History, Technology, Literature, Photography, Painting, Music, Movies, Gaming, Philosophy and Psychology.

Why are you here?: To talk to people who might have similar issues as I do, to share experiences and hopefully get to know people like me.

When were you diagnosed?: Aspergers: around 3 or 4 years ago, Depression and social phobia: maybe 15 years ago or so.

Favorite subjects: Life, Art, Music.

Favorite music: Industrial (preferably old school), Noise, Goth (preferably old school), Metal and general melancholic music.

Books: Big horror fan, absolutely love Lovecraft and Barker. Scifi, history, art.

TV shows/Movies: Big horror fan here as well, everything from old b&w classics to new wave, but I’ll watch more or less anything and really enjoy b movies.

Instrument: I really wish that I could play, but none...

Do you like sports? I watch some martial arts but in general, no.

Family: Single, live by myself with my cat, most of my immediate family lives quite close.

Clothing: Simple, black.

How did you find this website? Through Google. I was looking for a bigger international Aspergers forum, and here I am.

Job: No, unfortunately not.

Plans for the future? Improve my creative outlets and hopefully find someone to share my life with.

Jimoftroy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 5:55 am

Hobbies and Interests: Singing, church, quizzes, puzzles, reading

Why are you here?: In the hope of gaining some confidence that I'm not alone

When were you diagnosed?: Aspergers, recently self-diagnosed following referral relating to depression. Awaiting formal diagnosis. Depression, on and off for at least 20 years.

Favorite subjects: I dunno. How is that different from hobbies & interests? Learning facts, I suppose. Countries, capitals, presidents, prime ministers, kings & queens...

Favorite music: Depends on circumstances. I rarely listen to music, because I can't just have it on in the background: I'm either really listening or not at all. But big choral or orchestral stuff mainly, although also REM, Coldplay, various bands that my 23-year-old introduces me to.

Books: Crime,

TV shows/Movies: I never miss Pointless, also love Only Connect except Victoria Coren is really irritating. Big fan of Gilmore Girls. Classic detective stuff like Morse.

Instrument: A bit of piano. Used to be good, but don't keep in practice. Used to play the cello and bassoon. Sing a lot.

Do you like sports? Not really. Tennis, a bit of rugby, that's it.

Family: Divorced, live alone, apart from when my daughter's in passing.

Clothing: Anything that fits and hasn't got holes in.

How did you find this website? Mentioned on another website

Job: Work in finance for the NHS. Horrendous. End of story

Plans for the future? Get more comfortable in my own skin.

Lala85
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Sep 2017, 12:35 pm

What is your first name?: Carla

Hobbies and Interests: drawing, anime/manga, design, web design, music, horror movies and so forth. I'm trying to learn to make art dolls and ball-jointed dolls at the moment. :3

Why are you here?: I'm pretty isolated, so I'm really hoping to make some friends!

When were you diagnosed?: I've been to many psychiatrists & psychologists since I was about seven. I was diagnosed with ADD or ADHD (I honestly don't remember which) when I was eight. When I was nine, I started having suicidal thoughts, and was diagnosed with depression and put on meds for that. At sixteen, I was hearing things and was taken to a psychologist who informally diagnosed me with Asperger's. I was formally diagnosed at age twenty-one. I know that Asperger's is no longer a diagnosis in the DSM IV so I really don't know what I'd be called now....Autistic Spectrum Disorder, maybe? O_o

Favorite subjects: History, art history, the paranormal

Favorite music: I have a lot, music is super important to me :) I love gothic rock, dark wave, J-Rock & Pop, rock from the 70s-early 2000s, "indie" rock, new wave, downtempo/chillout, techno, trance, early music (medieval), game & movie scores, and more.

Books: My favorite authors are H.P. Lovecraft, Stephen King, and Clive Barker.

TV shows/Movies: Movies: Hellraiser 1-4, Candyman, Alien, The Wicker Man (the original one), The Thing, From Hell, Slumber Party Massacre, Halloween, Friday the 13th, It Follows, Dogma, Aladdin, The Great Mouse Detective, Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Pocahantas, The Emporer's New Groove

TV shows: Dexter, Hannibal, Supernatural, Channel Zero, American Horror Story

Instrument: Violin, Fiddle

Do you like sports?: Not really. I'm no good at them and don't really enjoy watching unless it's something like the Superbowl.

Family: Mom & Dad

Clothing: Band shirt and jeans, usually

How did you find this website?: I don't remember. It was a pretty long time ago.

Job: None at the moment. I've tried and each time has been an absolute disaster!

Plans for the future?: Well, I'm about to move house. :?

griz
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Sep 2017, 3:22 pm

What is your first name? Peter

Hobbies and Interests: Skateboarding, Cinematography, Video Games (World of Warcraft, Nintendo Switch, 3DS, Counter Strike), Fine Art, Snorkeling and more

Why are you here? To find new friends with the same disability, help others and get help too.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Child

Favorite subjects: History, Art are a few to name

Year/Grade: Junior in College

Favorite music: Everything but Country. With an exception or two >.<

Books: Exploration, Theoretical Physics, Egyptology

TV shows/Movies: Everything pre 2015

Instrument: Piano

Do you like sports? Sure

Family: Mother and Sister

Clothing: My personal sense of fashion =D

How did you find this website? Epiphany

Job: I work for a Photo Booth company part time and current student

Plans for the future? Find a full time job

Any comments? Sometimes, I absolutely hate this disability.

aspienhermit
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Sep 2017, 9:45 am

What is your first name? Jessica, but my family calls me Jay

Hobbies and Interests: photography, drawing, painting, collage art, reading, writing stories and poems, and watching my favorite TV shows.

Why are you here? To make friends

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): As of now I am undiagnosed. I believe I do have Aspergers. I have spoken to a neurologist who referred me to speak to someone to get a psychiatric evaluation, but I have been having a hard time finding someone in my area who specializes in Aspergers for Adults. Most of the ones I found were either for children or cost way too much. I have really bad anxiety and am taking medication to help me with it.

Favorite subjects: Art

Year/Grade: Senior in college

Favorite music: Different types

Books: anything I find interesting

TV shows/Movies: Doctor Who, Sherlock, Merlin, Luther, Broadchurch, Criminal Minds, Once Upon a Time, Grey’s Anatomy, and plenty more. I like a lot of movies, the list is too long.

Instrument: I don’t play any instruments but I would like to learn the piano.

Do you like sports? I’m not good at sports but I do enjoy playing once in awhile, basketball and volleyball. I skateboard a little too.

Family: I live with my parents and two brothers and sister. I have another sister who moved to Florida. Both my brothers have Aspergers.

Clothing: anything comfortable, mostly casual.

How did you find this website? I googled, words and phrases stuck in my head on repeat’ and found this site.

Job: I work in college as part of work study and also do some freelance photography jobs.

Plans for the future?
I’m not sure what area in photography I want. I just know I want to be a photographer.

Romansky123
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Oct 2017, 10:09 am

Name:Ally
Special interests: History and science
Why I,m here:autism
Grade: 12th
Favorite subject:science
Instrument: n)a but I my like to learn one
Favorite music: Alternative rock
When I was diagnosed: i diagnosed when I was 3
Books anything interesting
TV shows: the 100 the flash good doctor
Do you like sports not really but I,m pretty good at soccer
Family:two brothers and a sister and a mom and dad all of which are neurotypical
Clothing: anything lose fitting and comfortable cleans and a t shirt nothing flowery or provocative
How I found the site: I don't really know
Jobs: N/a
Plans for the future: to become a Archeologist :) :) Any comments I new

Days
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Oct 2017, 1:11 am

What is your first name? Daisy

Hobbies and Interests: Metaphysics, philosophy, physics, Harry Potter, computing

Why are you here? To understand autism more and interact with humans

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Earlier this year (can't remember exact date without looking) I was diagnosed with ASD at age 19

Favorite subjects: Computing

Year/Grade: 1st year at college

Favorite music: Indie, rock, reggae, EDM, 60s, 80s, 90 - I like most music

Books: I don't read (find it hard to visualise)

TV shows/Movies: Game of Thrones, Big Bang Theory, Harry Potter, Donnie Darko

Instrument: Flute, guitar

Do you like sports? No

Family: Mother, father and two brothers. (I have suspicious a few family members have ASD)

Clothing: Comfy clothes or clothes that resemble a fairy in some way

How did you find this website? Therapist told me about it

Job: Nothing at the moment although I am looking

Plans for the future? Get a job, finish college and go to uni

Any comments? Greetings!

Diagnosed with ASD (aspergers) at age 19.

Wombatwelt
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Oct 2017, 12:10 pm

Hi everybody. I take a chance to introduce myself ;) I'm new, please be nice =)

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, my dog, my snails, books, more books, psychology, philosophy, science

Why are you here? I got diagnosed with Aspergers a month ago and my partner for 8 years got diagnosed a few years ago. I need a place where I can talk about my daily problems and I am looking for nice human beings, maybe friendship? :alien:

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Oh, already answered that :)

Favorite subjects: In school my favorites were english, biology and music

Favorite music: A bit of everything, but a big part is Rock of the 90s and 2000s

Books: Haruki Murakami, Terry Pratchett, Douglas Adams, Matt Ruff and many many more :)

TV shows/Movies: Scrubs, Futurama, Stranger Things, Simpsons and many movies.

Instrument: I can play different sizes of recorder, saxophone and a bit e-bass.

Do you like sports? Played Badminton a lot when I was younger, but i don't like the competition in sports and quit when i was about 16.

Family: Mum, Dad and an older brother. I love them, although I don't see them that often :heart:

Clothing: COMFY!

How did you find this website? Some time ago I read "Neurotribes" and it was mentioned there...i think :)

Job: None

Plans for the future? None

Any comments? I am a bit depressed since my diagnose, sorry for that :wink:

Keladry
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 7:58 pm

Wombatwelt wrote:
Hi everybody. I take a chance to introduce myself ;) I'm new, please be nice =)

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, my dog, my snails, books, more books, psychology, philosophy, science

Why are you here? I got diagnosed with Aspergers a month ago and my partner for 8 years got diagnosed a few years ago. I need a place where I can talk about my daily problems and I am looking for nice human beings, maybe friendship? :alien:

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Oh, already answered that :)

Favorite subjects: In school my favorites were english, biology and music

Favorite music: A bit of everything, but a big part is Rock of the 90s and 2000s

Books: Haruki Murakami, Terry Pratchett, Douglas Adams, Matt Ruff and many many more :)

TV shows/Movies: Scrubs, Futurama, Stranger Things, Simpsons and many movies.

Instrument: I can play different sizes of recorder, saxophone and a bit e-bass.

Do you like sports? Played Badminton a lot when I was younger, but i don't like the competition in sports and quit when i was about 16.

Family: Mum, Dad and an older brother. I love them, although I don't see them that often :heart:

Clothing: COMFY!

How did you find this website? Some time ago I read "Neurotribes" and it was mentioned there...i think :)

Job: None

Plans for the future? None

Any comments? I am a bit depressed since my diagnose, sorry for that :wink:

Welcome to the forum :) I also recently received my diagnosis, and I think it's normal to be a little depressed. And this website IS mentioned in Neurotribes, which i recently finished reading. Hope you will post more here.

elenorh
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Oct 2017, 7:13 am

What is your first name? Elenor

Hobbies and Interests: Sci-Fi, Music

Why are you here? Self diagnosed for a while but now seeking diagnosis. Speaking to GP week after next.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Not yet

Favorite subjects: See Hobbies and Interests above

Year/Grade:

Favorite music: Rock, Dance

Books: Dune, The Expanse series, Lord of the Rings

TV shows/Movies: Babylon 5, Star Trek, Star Wars

Instrument: Guitar

Do you like sports? No

Family: Mother only

Clothing: Same as every other day, 7 days a week

How did you find this website? Google

Job: Financial Systems Specialist

Plans for the future? Meeting with doctor on 6th November to seek diagnosis

Any comments?

AQ: 45 out of 50
Neurodiverse score: 159 of 200
Neurotypical score: 60 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Coping mechanisms and masks built up over a lifetime starting to break down due to increased stresses over the last year or two.