Page 311 of 358 [ 5723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 308, 309, 310, 311, 312, 313, 314 ... 358  Next

ScarletIbis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Jan 2018, 2:34 am

Welcome to Wrongplanet Spud999!

Feel free to message me if you want

Please understand that everything I write should be read with a grain of salt because I frequently adjust my views based on new information (just read a description of INTP that should explain better than I)

Unwanted1forever
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Jan 2018, 7:25 am

Ask anything you want about me

Riverrapids1998
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Jan 2018, 12:09 am

What is your first name?- River

Location: Usually on a mountain somewhere, if I'm not at home in Georgia.

Hobbies and Interests: Hiking, Reading, Listening to Music, Writing, Travelling.

Why are you here? I have PDD/NOS

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Back when I was in elementary school.

Favorite subjects: History, Forestry, Economics, Libertarian Philosophy, Christian Theology, along with a multitude of petty things I find interesting.

Year/Grade: I don't currently go to school, I may attend college soon.

Favorite music: EDM and Metal are the main genres, but I also love Christian and Acoustic and I do allot of exploring!

Books: Anything by John Muir, haha, I also read allot of motivational and self-improvement books. My favorite is probably A Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy, though!

TV shows/Movies: I'm not much of a TV guy. I love some cartoons when I'm feeling nostalgic, though.

Instrument: I learned play one song on a recorder when I was in the fifth grade, that's it. I've lately contemplated learning to play the guitar, though.

Do you like sports? Not really...

Family: I have a sorta-basic nuclear family consisting of me, my sister, and my parents. I also have three cattle-dogs, three horses, and a cat.

Clothing: I like to dress up, but I keep my wardrobe small. Usually jeans and a nice shirt or jacket.

How did you find this website? I read about it in an article.

Job: I work at a grocery store currently, won't be there long though. I want to go fight forest fires over the summer.

Plans for the future? So many, but honestly, all I really care about is finding my person, having a successful career, living a relaxed but exhilarating life, and living in a nice cabin in a patch of woods that I own. Maybe writing a book about it?

Any Comments? Reach out if there are any more questions!

serpenEncipheror
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Jan 2018, 8:15 am

What is your first name? An (In Chinese it means safe or quiet. I'm not that quiet a person though. But my life has been very much safe and healthy thanks to my name.)

Hobbies and Interests: I like coding, drawing comics, reading comics (Homestuck, Transformers, Marvel superheroes), imagining stories (but not writing them down), designing Transformers, collecting Transformers toys, playing around with weapons (including my shinai, my frying pan and my toy white cane), studying local insects (especially butterflies) and reading stuff about autism.

Why are you here? I like everything about autism. I may sound weird, but I've spent my past 4 years reading stuff about autism so I guess I know enough about this developmental disorder to say I really like autistics and want to make some friends with autism.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I'm neurotypical

Favorite subjects: Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, PE (though I'm not good at any specific sport), Chemistry

Year/Grade: 11th

Favorite music: I like music with a rhythm. So I like rap, pure music, and all kinds of musicals. I'm currently fascinated by Matilda the musical and songs of Phillip Phillips. For pure music I like those by CMA.

Books: I mostly like children's books. My favorite is Walk Two Moons. The Horse Boy is the book which brought me into the field of autism. Then I read The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. I also like science books and non-fictions a lot, like The Melay Archipelago by Alfred Russel Wallace.

TV shows/Movies: Gravity Falls and lots of Chinese cartoons. I like action, superhero movies like Guardians of the Galaxy and Transformers. (Well actually Transformers movie series suck but their comic books are the best.) I watch lots of American tv series, including Game of the Throne, Person of Interest.

Instrument: harmonica

Do you like sports? I like exercising a lot! I'm the kind of people who kick the ball into my own goal though. I love to be creative about sports, so I usually play badminton with my Shinai instead of a racket.

Family: Mom, Dad and me. I once had three birds but then they passed away :(

Clothing: as casual as possible

How did you find this website? When I'm searching stuff about autism

Job: high school student

Plans for the future? I hope I can spend a year in the reserve for leopards in Northeastern China! Or I'll do it after I graduate. I want to be a programmer. I hope I can work on something related to both neuroscience and computer science.

Any comments? Yeh! Would you like to be my friends? Ask whatever questions you want to ask.

I'm pretty sure about being neurotypical though, since my neurodiverse traits never caused me any trouble and I get along well with other neurotypical people.

Maybe this means I can get along well with neurodiverse people, too? I never get a chance to prove this because in China schools don't enroll students with ASD and therefore I have no neurodiverse people around me.

So I am here!

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2018, 8:22 am

Welcome serpenEncipheror, you seem like an interesting person.

1ssam
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Jan 2018, 5:34 pm

Languages spoken: French (native), English

Hobbies and Interests: Making videos.... drawing.... oh, and cats!! ! <3

Why are you here? Hmmm, why are YOU here?

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Asperger's (age 7), ADHD (age 9)

Favorite subjects: Psychology, art, linguistics, cultures, drawing, animation, cartoons (kinda?), backwards music, etc. but I don't talk endlessly about them..... thankfully

Year/Grade: Secondary 3 and 4 simultaneously (mild level special ed except in english class)

Favorite music: cisum sdrawkcab

Books: bleh...

TV shows/Movies: Uhhhhhhh................. a few

Instrument: Guitar (I never use it..)

Do you like sports?

...Are you double triple dare kidding me? I will only like sports when someone actually predicts the end of the world legitimately and it's not gonna be another one of those hoaxes.

Family: WE ARE FAMILY!!

Clothing: very limited and similar, mostly blue, grey and black, I want to get more clothes and have my own fashion, but for some reason I never get to buy some. not because I'm rigid, just... lack of money and time :/

How did you find this website? I don't remember... LOL

Job: Not yet (student tho?)

Plans for the future? Loads.

Any comments? ...............

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2018, 6:58 pm

Hobbies and Interests: I'm interested in touring Bicycles and I like to make Techno.

Why are you here? I came here for knowledge.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Hopefully I'll get an official diagnosis in May this year.

Favorite subjects: Art

Year/Grade:

Favorite music: Electro/Techno

Books: Alexander Soljenítsin

TV shows/Movies: "Big love", even though its cheesy.

Instrument: I played bass for a while. Now I just use a computer to make Music.

Do you like sports? sports don't feature in my life, but I do like to ride my bike through the lanes sometimes.

Family: I have 3 lovely sisters.

Clothing: erratic dress sense

How did you find this website? Googling Aspergers

Job: Taking time off till spring when I'll be landscaping.

Plans for the future? I'd like to ride down to the Alps or up to Orkney this year.

Any comments? I'm happy to be here.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2018, 10:13 pm

serpenEncipheror wrote:
What is your first name? An (In Chinese it means safe or quiet. I'm not that quiet a person though. But my life has been very much safe and healthy thanks to my name.)

Hobbies and Interests: I like coding, drawing comics, reading comics (Homestuck, Transformers, Marvel superheroes), imagining stories (but not writing them down), designing Transformers, collecting Transformers toys, playing around with weapons (including my shinai, my frying pan and my toy white cane), studying local insects (especially butterflies) and reading stuff about autism.

Why are you here? I like everything about autism. I may sound weird, but I've spent my past 4 years reading stuff about autism so I guess I know enough about this developmental disorder to say I really like autistics and want to make some friends with autism.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I'm neurotypical

Favorite subjects: Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, PE (though I'm not good at any specific sport), Chemistry

Year/Grade: 11th

Favorite music: I like music with a rhythm. So I like rap, pure music, and all kinds of musicals. I'm currently fascinated by Matilda the musical and songs of Phillip Phillips. For pure music I like those by CMA.

Books: I mostly like children's books. My favorite is Walk Two Moons. The Horse Boy is the book which brought me into the field of autism. Then I read The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. I also like science books and non-fictions a lot, like The Melay Archipelago by Alfred Russel Wallace.

TV shows/Movies: Gravity Falls and lots of Chinese cartoons. I like action, superhero movies like Guardians of the Galaxy and Transformers. (Well actually Transformers movie series suck but their comic books are the best.) I watch lots of American tv series, including Game of the Throne, Person of Interest.

Instrument: harmonica

Do you like sports? I like exercising a lot! I'm the kind of people who kick the ball into my own goal though. I love to be creative about sports, so I usually play badminton with my Shinai instead of a racket.

Family: Mom, Dad and me. I once had three birds but then they passed away :(

Clothing: as casual as possible

How did you find this website? When I'm searching stuff about autism

Job: high school student

Plans for the future? I hope I can spend a year in the reserve for leopards in Northeastern China! Or I'll do it after I graduate. I want to be a programmer. I hope I can work on something related to both neuroscience and computer science.

Any comments? Yeh! Would you like to be my friends? Ask whatever questions you want to ask.

Welcome!

I am unaware of any other users on WP that are in China. You may be the first!

How do the Chinese treat people with Autism?

Ardea cinerea
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Jan 2018, 12:55 pm

Hobbies and Interests: Birds, Art, Nature, Beer, Travelling.

Why are you here? To talk and meet people.

When were you diagnosed? 2007 (I think)

Favorite subjects: Music

Year/Grade:

Favorite music: Eesh? Classical, Prog rock, Doom metal, Minimal synth, Cheesy pop, anything goes.

Books: Douglas Adams, Robert Rankin.

TV shows/Movies: Inside no 9, Wentworth.

Instrument: Bass but I don' t really play any more

Do you like sports? Football and cricket.

Family: Love them. Mom, Two sisters, Niece, Nephew, 4 Grandparents, Aunt, Uncle.

Clothing: Smart, i hope, but rather dull.

How did you find this website? I Used it before, years ago.

Job: Nuts, literally. factory worker.

Plans for the future? Well, they changed, let me think about making new ones.

Any comments? Talk to me, I am shy, but talk to me, please.

serpenEncipheror
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Jan 2018, 10:22 pm

komamanga wrote:

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure about being neurotypical though, since my neurodiverse traits never caused me any trouble and I get along well with other neurotypical people.

Maybe this means I can get along well with neurodiverse people, too? I never get a chance to prove this because in China schools don't enroll students with ASD and therefore I have no neurodiverse people around me.

So I am here!

Arronax
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Jan 2018, 10:19 am

What is your first name? Luke

Hobbies and Interests: Music, Games (mostly FPS and RTS), Popular Science stuff, Politics, Psychology, Philosophy

Why are you here? Boredom. Meet new people.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):
2 years ago
Favorite subjects:
Physics, Math, Chemistry

Year/Grade:
It's complicated
Favorite music:
Post-Hardcore, Black/Death-Metal, besides that just a lot of different stuff that sounds good and/or relaxing
Books:
Right now Genealogy of Morals from Nietzsche, usually I read sci-fi Books from authors like Asimov, Orwell.
TV shows/Movies:
I started watching the Sopranos but I got bored after a while so. Not really into movies anymore.
Instrument: E-Guitar

Do you like sports?
I used to play hockey and was a fan for a long time, now I'm still occasionally watching NHL stats when I'm bored, but I haven't watched an actual game for years.

Family: 1 older sister.

Clothing: I try to put the least possible effort into it without looking like a complete trainwreck.

How did you find this website? Google

Job: currently working on my education

Plans for the future? staying alive

Any comments? nah

slave
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2018, 9:14 pm

serpenEncipheror wrote:
komamanga wrote:

Thanks!

I did ask you a question, btw, serpenEncipheror...idk if you overlooked it. :D

Hypnotized
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Jan 2018, 10:53 pm

What is your first name? Yenna.

Hobbies and Interests: Dancing, gaming, video editing, shopping.

Why are you here? I've been here for a while, but I came here because I wanted people to connect with.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I was diagnosed with PDD-NOS in 2007, and again in 2014. I was diagnosed with Bulimia Nervosa on January 10th this year.

Favorite subjects: German.

Year/Grade: 1st year Translation Studies student.

Favorite music: Korean pop music, folk-metal.

Books: -

TV shows/Movies: Family Guy, American Dad, South Park, Supersize vs Superskinny, Fat Families, Secret Eaters, Ink Master, Catfish, Air Crash Investigation, Airport Security, Cake Boss, Harry Potter, Pirates of the Caribbean, Tarzan, Maze Runner.

Instrument: I do not play any instruments right now, but I have played Bass guitar, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, keyboard and violin.

Do you like sports? I love dancing and I am currently in a dance crew.

Family: My mother and father are divorced, I have a sister (27) and a brother (19).

Clothing: Mainly dark, to look slimmer. I think if I'd be skinnier I'd put on more colorful clothes.

How did you find this website? I don't remember lmao. Probably found it from a Google search.

Job: Video editor for a Korean pop based YouTube channel.

Plans for the future? Overcoming my ED.

Any comments? -

weirdgorlriri
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Jan 2018, 10:53 am

What’s your first name: Riley
Hobbies and Interests: Writing, going on walks/hikes, learning new vegan recipes, listening to music
Why are you here?: To have more social interaction. I get lonely a lot, so I need to be around people and talk to them
When were you diagnosed?: 2007; Asperger’s
Favorite subjects: Latin, cooking, bio, anatomy & physiology, nutrition classes (I’m majoring in nutrition rn)
Year/Grade: Junior in college
Favorite music: indie (I know it’s not a genre), alt. rock, classic rock, new wave
Books: I need to read more
TV shows/Movies: My 600 lb. Life, any Gordon Ramsay show, Stranger Things
Instruments: I played clarinet from 5th to 6th grade and alto sax from 7th to 8th. I just started practicing the alto sax again because I miss playing it so much!
Do you like sports? Which ones?: I played softball, basketball, and volleyball. I do yoga (like that’s really a sport...) and might be a manager for my school’s softball team
Family: I live with my dad, stepmom, two brothers, and two dogs (because dogs count as family).
Clothing: anything from super casual to cute
Job: I sometimes usher at events at my school
What are you planning to do when you get older?: work in the bariatric field as a clinical dietitian

mawilegirl
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Jan 2018, 12:28 pm

What is your first name: Meghan

Hobbies and Interests: I like playing video games (my favorite is pokemon), watching anime & cartoons, reading, petting my dog, music, and misc. other things that are very specific such as; researching prehistoric mammals, reading more and more about nuclear disasters, the black death (basically just very specific special interests of mine no one else I know really cares about, ah.)

Why are you here? Because I would like to talk to more people like me

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): about 3 months ago

Favorite subjects: Most definitely english. I am just dreadful at math, and in fact, have dyscalculia. But because of that, I am at a great advantage when it comes to english!

Year/Grade: I am in 12th grade (again) because I had to repeat a grade

Favorite music: My most favorite band ever is Depeche Mode! I also love Devo, The Cure, Kraftwerk, Strawberry Switchblade, Ween, And just basically any new wave and post punk music!

Books: Mostly horror novels. I am a huge fan of Jack Ketchum, Richard Laymon, & Stephen King. Recently I have also gotten into bizarro fiction. I like non-fiction as well, as long as it is about a subject I have a deep interest in. (the black death & other massive epidemics throughout history, chernobyl nuclear disaster, nuclear bombs, prehistoric mammals, etc.)

TV shows/Movies: My favorite show ever is Osomatsu-san. I also like Ranma 1/2, nearly all installments of my pretty cure franchise, Ojamajo doremi, Madoka magica, Magical girl lyrical nanoha, and Kimba the white lion. Those are all my favorite anime. For American shows, I only like cartoons, and those are: South Park, My little pony, and the 1980s carebears.

Instrument: I do not play one, but I love the sound of a giant pipe organ. Also, synths, hehe.

Do you like sports? NO.

Family: I have a mom, dad, and little sister who is very close to my age (only 2 years apart!) and she's very nice and usually quite patient with me, which I am so thankful for! We are best friends, my little sister and I! I also have a big puppy standard poodle, she's the sweetest family dog in the whole universe.

Clothing: Always very loose and comfy. I have always had to wear clothes 2-3 sizes larger than I really wear, ever since I was a child, even. Often as a kid I would snatch my parents shirts to wear because they just felt 'right'! Of course, always no tags. And usually I wear sweat pants or baggy jeans.

How did you find this website? From when I was diagnosed, the woman who told me I was autistic suggested checking this site out. (and I have only just now got around to checking it out though, ahah.)

Job: Don't have one. yet!

Plans for the future? I have a tricky time with planning...! !

Any comments? Hello!! !! :D

Level 2 ASD diagnosed

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2018, 12:56 pm

Welcome, Meghan! I'm the same age as you.