Page 296 of 358 [ 5723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 293, 294, 295, 296, 297, 298, 299 ... 358  Next

fancy.francy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Jul 2016, 9:19 pm

What is your first name? Susie

Hobbies and Interests: Music is my main interest. I sing, play several instruments, and I compose classical music. I'm also fascinated with neuroscience and plan to major in that when I go to college. Then there's Magic: The Gathering - I don't like spending a lot of money on decks, but I do enjoy playing it. Cockatrice, anyone?

Why are you here? I wanted to hear how others perceived the world and how autism affects different people.

When were you diagnosed? (skip if you don't have a disorder): I was diagnosed when I was three (which is surprising, considering that I'm female and I was diagnosed in 2001).

Favorite subjects: My favorite subject is music, but I also enjoy logic-related classes (such as math and science). I enjoy English when I have a good teacher, especially the grammar component of it.

Year/Grade: Soon-to-be college freshman

Favorite music: Classical music (the newer, the better), jazz, and alternative. Some favorites:
Composers: Debussy, Mahler, Shostakovitch, Ticheli, Whitacre, Mackey, most other post-1990s concert band composers
Artists/bands: Panic! At The Disco, Twenty One Pilots, Regina Spektor, Sia, Jason Mraz

Books: I don't read as often as I should, but I loved The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls, Room by Emma Donoghue, Lord of the Flies (I forget who the author is), and We Were The Mulvaneys by Joyce Carol Oates.

TV shows/Movies: Bob's Burgers, The Simpsons, Brain Games, most Disney and Nickelodeon movies, and Tom and Jerry.

Instrument: In order of expertise: voice (if you consider it an instrument) - alto/tenor, clarinet (soprano, bass, alto), saxophone (alto, tenor), ukulele, piano, trumpet, and flute. I used to play others (trombone and french horn), but I don't anymore.

Do you like sports? Nah. I like fencing, playing ping-pong, and playing the occasional game of basketball, but nah.

Family: Mother, father*, 19-year-old brother**, and 30-year-old brother*.
* = not diagnosed, but I have a good feeling that they're autistc
** = officially diagnosed

Clothing: Usually a t-shirt or a rad sweater, jeans/leggings, flip-flops/sneakers, and no jewelry except my watch

How did you find this website? Google

Job: None at the moment, but I have worked at a couple different summer camps and as a babysitter, and I'll be working at a performing arts summer camp in a couple weeks.

Plans for the future? Possibly researching neuroscience, possibly composing music, possibly being a software developer, possibly a combo of two of those.

Any comments? I feel that I'm able to articulate my experience with autism well, so I do so whenever the situation is right. Most people can't tell that I'm on the spectrum, either, which makes me feel like an autism ninja. 8)

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2016, 6:55 am

William Golding wrote 'Lord Of The Flies', Fancy.

capa
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 1:06 pm

I relly like that book!

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 11:30 am

What is your first name? Steven

Hobbies and Interests: Internet, Cycling, Guns, and Computers

Why are you here? Aspergers

When were you diagnosed? This year, my therapist always brings it up. I have yet to be formally diagnosed.

Favorite subjects: Finance

Year/Grade: Going back to college in August

Favorite music: Wide Variety-Except Rap

Books: I don't really read allot, I did like A Series of Unfortunate Events

TV shows/Movies: I don't watch TV much; I have enjoyed Dexter, 007, 30 Rock

Instrument: None

Do you like sports? Cycling

Family: Mom, Stepdad, brothers/sisters

Clothing: Relaxed, I get hot easily

Job: At the moment, self employed

What are you planning to do when you get older? Not sure

startide_rising
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Jul 2016, 10:32 pm

What is your first name? I'd rather not say, at least for the time being.

Hobbies and Interests: Science, scifi, music, art, books, and tea.

Why are you here? To socialize and hopefully make friends with like-minded individuals.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): When I was about 10 years old, although I tended to disagree with the diagnosis until fairly recently.

Favorite subjects: Biology, chemistry, philosophy, and philosophy of science.

Year/Grade: I'm a PhD student in biology.

Favorite music: Recent favorites include Grimes, Of Monsters and Men, and My Bloody Valentine.

Books: I read quite a bit, but David Brin, Haruki Murakami, Ernest Cline, and Jeff VanderMeer are among my favorite authors of late. I'm also pretty into webcomics, with xkcd, Questionable Content, and Dr. McNinja ranking at the top of my list.

TV shows/Movies: I enjoy Star Trek: The Next Generation, Firefly, and most scifi films. I also really like Akira Kurosawa's movies.

Instrument: I played guitar for many years, and dabbled for a while in a couple of other instruments as well, but have since mostly fallen out of practice. Some of my favorite instruments to listen to are the cello, the violin, synthesizers, the kora, and the human voice.

Do you like sports? Nope. Not at all.

Family: I have an older sister and a younger sister. I also have both a father and a mother, although I was raised almost entirely by the latter.

Clothing: I usually wear jeans with either a t-shirt or a plaid/flannel button-down shirt. I hate dressing up.

How did you find this website? I was curious whether such a community existed.

Job: Grad school.

Plans for the future? To become a good scientist and maybe also to teach.

Any comments? Nope!

MadeinHisimage
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jul 2016, 2:03 am

What is your first name? Michaela

Hobbies and Interests: Languages, social action/charity.

Why are you here? Aspergers (I think mild ADD as well); I want to be able to get advice from other aspies on related topics, and to make some friends. (:

When were you diagnosed? When I was 6.

Year/Grade: Certificate student

Favorite music: Christian music

Books: The Bible, The Hunger games, A series of unfortunate events.

TV shows/Movies: Switched at Birth,

Instrument: In order of expertise: voice (Reasonable level) piano & guitar (Absolute beginner)

Do you like sports? Not really. I went skiing recently and that was part fun, part scary, and totally exhausting. I like using a rowing machine, hiking, and some forms of hunting/fishing

Family: Father, (NT) Mother, (autistic traits) 16 yr old brother, (dyslexic) 9 yr old sister (NT) 8 yr old sister (Aspergers/HFA and ADHD)

Clothing: I try to get it second hand so I don't contribute to human trafficking or sweat shop trade; whatever the thrift shops have in my size, and I like a bit of colour.

How did you find this website? I actually don't remember. I think I was searching for aspie facebook groups etc and it popped up.

Job: Not at the moment, but I was a fish and chip shop assistant/waitress for about two years, and I've done lots of babysitting.

Plans for the future? I want to be in Christian voluntary service probably as a linguist.

Any comments; If you want a friend PM me. :)

rcsf
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jul 2016, 10:48 pm

What is your first name? My first name is Rafael.

Hobbies and Interests: Gaming, seeing TV series and films as hobbies and I have interest in engineering and recently meet similar people in this page.

Why are you here? I want to meet people that share some similarities, get new hobbies and knowledge.

When were you diagnosed? (skip if you don't have a disorder): I have never been officially diagnosed with ASD (although have all to), in my childhood I was diagnosed with ADHD, and most recently with SAD.

Favorite subjects: Oldities and Sciences.

Year/Grade: Last year of the High School.

Favorite music: I have a very large sound sense, but particularly I like synthpop and industrial music.

Books: H. P. Lovecraft, Nietzsche and Paulo Coelho.

TV shows/Movies: Twin Peaks, Mr. Robot, Bron/Broen and Supernatural.

Instrument: None.

Do you like sports? None.

Family: Well, I live only with my mother, regularly meet with my father and sometimes with other family members.

Clothing: Geeking and 'indifferent', I guess.

How did you find this website? Searching for some of my oddities by answers.

Job: None at the moment.

Plans for the future? I plan to finish my studies and get in the university, and then dedicate for to work.

Any comments? Sorry you for my bad english, that is not my native language and I'm not so fluent. :lol:

Thyregod
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Jul 2016, 5:25 pm

What is your first name? Simon

Hobbies and Interests: Mostly gaming and IT

Why are you here? To find new people to talk to

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): November last year

Favorite subjects:

Year/Grade:

Favorite music: Electronic

Books: Harry potter, Ken Follet

TV shows/Movies: Johnny English, Dexter. Doctor Who

Instrument: Bass Guitar

Do you like sports? Not really

Family: Father and mother with autistic traits, sister with Autism (17) and NT brother (27)

Clothing: As long as it isn't too colorful

How did you find this website? r/autism

Job: Part time job at local library

Plans for the future? Not at the moment. I think I need to get my current situation stabilized before thinking about the future

Any comments?

MelissaCho
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Jul 2016, 1:05 pm

What is your first name? Linda

Hobbies and Interests:Photography, writing, poetry, watching tv, etc.

Why are you here?To find acceptance

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): after my 18th

Favorite subjects:psychology

Job: Open Arms Health Systems

Favorite music:almost anything good

Books: John grisham books , the bible, etc.

TV shows/Movies:Power Rangers(any season), Zoo, the amazing race, Smallville, etc.

Instrument:don't play

Do you like sports?watch yes play not really

Family:mom and dad nt, half-sister Jamie possible aspie

Clothing: anything that fits

How did you find this website? book

Plans for the future? future unclear

Any comments?

A Young Contrarian
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Jul 2016, 6:42 am

What is your first name? Keene.

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, writing political essays, writing film, television, and book reviews, debating, smoking, and cooking.

Why are you here? Curiosity.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 12

Favorite subjects: Journalism, political science, english, biology, and history.

Year/Grade: College sophomore

Favorite music: Experimental

Books: Almost anything by Christopher Hitchens, The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky, 1984 by George Orwell, The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins, Team of Rivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin, Darwin's Dangerous Idea by Daniel Dennett, and War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy.

TV shows/Movies: House of Cards and Game of Thrones.

Instrument: Guitar, bass guitar, and piano.

Do you like sports? No.

Family: One set of grandparents, a sister, and several distant relatives. Relationships with all are strained.

Clothing: Dark suits, ties on special occasion, t shirt and jeans while at home.

How did you find this website? Google

Job: College student

Plans for the future? I plan on entering into politics.

aloevera
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Jul 2016, 7:03 am

. first name:
. age: 32
. location: central europe

. hobbies and interests: drawing, listening to music, plants, cats, insects, zen buddhism, reading, human behavior, energy

. why am I here: to learn more about AS, to know how other people deal with it, to remember that I am not the only one, feel less lonely in my weirdness, share my personal experience and ideas

. when was I diagnosed: I am not officialy diagnosed yet

. year/grade: two years in college (arts), then I left

. favourite music: 90's trip hop, dark electronica, experimental, noise, sometimes classical

. books: 19th century realism and graphic novels. some manga also

. tv shows/movies: quentin tarantino, ghibli studios

. instruments: I love everything with strings

. sports: no, thank you.

. family: I live with friends

. clothing: black/dark clothes, combat boots, futuristic punk inspiration

. how I found this website: I just googled 'I can not stand people'

. job: freelance drawing

. plans for the future: I can't stick to any plans, so I just don't make them anymore - and I am way much more happy this way

. comments: sorry for any gramatic or spelling mistakes, turns out that english is not my native language. Wrong Planet is such a cool name for a website like this :) and people seem to be very open here, so I am really glad that I found this place!

Cyreides
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Jul 2016, 6:23 pm

What is your first name?
Sebastian
Hobbies and Interests:
Producing music and that's pretty much it.
Why are you here?
I've been trying to find a new forum to join for awhile, and one centered around something I've been diagnosed with recently helps when I've not had much a place to discuss it so far.
When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):
Around May of this year, though the diagnosis came up earlier in childhood but was dismissed.
Favorite subjects:
Like School subjects? Eh. Probably didn't have one.
Year/Grade:
Not in school.
Favorite music:
Electronic
Books:
Aside from my reading online, I don't read. So none.
TV shows/Movies:
At the moment, Bojack Horseman.
Instrument:
I wish.
Do you like sports?
Not unless it's skateboarding.
Family:
Not sure what this question is asking.
Clothing:
Same as above.
How did you find this website?
Google.
Job:
Unemployed at the moment. Not sure when that will change.
Plans for the future?
Honestly I have no idea.
Any comments?
No.

AdamLain
Raven
Raven

28 Jul 2016, 3:06 pm

Quote:

What is your first name? Adam

Hobbies and Interests: Writing music and poetry

Why are you here? To meet people like me and maybe learn coping techniques from them that I can apply in my own life.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): February of this year

Favorite subjects: Art and Science

Year/Grade: Associate of Arts, Associate of Applied Sciences

Favorite music: All

Books: Non-Fiction, also horror, mystery or suspense

TV shows/Movies: Curb Your Enthusiasm

Instrument: Piano, Guitar

Do you like sports? Love

Family: Father has Asperger's, Brother has Asperger's, Mother

Clothing: Anything that covers

How did you find this website? On Yahoo comments section in an article about the therapist who was recently shot when he was trying to help his patient with Autism.

Job: Medical Marijuana Grower/Caregiver

Plans for the future? Hopefully find a companion, really want kids.

Any comments? Struggling to accept.

Zil333
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Jul 2016, 11:44 pm

What is your first name? Elizabeth

Hobbies and Interests: Hobbies: Anime, Manga, Wicca, Reading, Writing, Sketching, RWBY, Martial Arts, Working Out, Interest: Learning more, Growth, Fighting, Medical Field, Innovation, People, Psychology, so much I can't list it all.

Why are you here? To talk with other's who have Asperger's syndrome and make new friends, and meet new people.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Self- Diagnosed (when you look at the symptoms and they describe you to a T what more do you need?)

Favorite subjects: Uh school wise? Math

Year/Grade: College Graduate

Favorite music:

Books: Oh my goodness to many to list!! !! Hmm Vampire Academy, Blue blood Series, Lesbian Books, Lgbqt books, Twilight book series

TV shows/Movies: TV: Hannibal, Dexter, Being Human, The 100 Movies: Limitless, Lucy, ElizabethTown, Elena Undone, f*****g Amal, Kiss Me, Captain America Civil War, Batman VS Superman, The Secretary, The Lake House, Number 23

Instrument: I don't play any if I could I'd like to learn to play the Cello, Violin, and Electric/Acoustic Guitar

Do you like sports? Yes except Football, Baseball, Basketball. I dislike these because they do not interest me.

Family: I have and their all alive. Two older brother's and parents

Clothing: Style? I dress causal, classy, dressy, hippie like, alternative, eccentric, tomboyish, feminine, and comfortable

How did you find this website? Through taking a mental health quizzes I stumbled upon Asperger's and got into researching more about that I stumbled upon this website.

Job: Medical Assistant

Plans for the future? Be Financially stable before age 30, get a house, travel, explore my sexuality in more physical detail, get a few piercings or tattoos, live and enjoy life to the fullest!! !! Be best me I can be!! ! Everyday I'm greater than who I was yesterday.

Any comments? If you want to have a chat message me please~ I'd love to talk with you :wink:

befuddledbeing
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Aug 2016, 10:36 am

What is your first name? Maisie

Hobbies and Interests: The Sims games/other video games, Halloween/Autumn time, crafting, aliens/other paranormal things, planets, mythical/mystical creatures, etc.

Why are you here? To attempt to make friends and learn more about aspergers :)

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I was diagnosed with GAD and Agoraphobia in december of 2014, and am currently in the process of being diagnosed with Aspergers/ASD (as of Summer 2016)

Favorite subjects: In school, Art and Science were my favorites but I always excelled in English classes

Year/Grade: Starting my first year of college soon

Favorite music: hmmm.. i honestly like a bit of everything

Books: Well I don't read as much as I'd like to, but A Wrinkle In Time is by far my favorite book I've read

TV shows/Movies: Pretty Little Liars, most old Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network cartoons, a few of the new CN cartoons (especially Steven Universe), movie wise.... all the Halloweentown movies, Scooby Doo movies... there's a lot to name.

Instrument: I use to play Piano and would like to learn ukulele or acoustic guitar soon

Do you like sports? Never been the biggest fan, no. But I can watch baseball or hockey or Nascar

Family: I live with my mom. My grandparents live around the corner and my dad lives 10 minutes away. I also have a lot of cousins and then my aunts and uncles

Clothing: I usually dress comfortably. Sweats and a t-shirt... sometimes jeans and a t-shirt... in the autumn/winter/spring times I wear flannels A LOT

How did you find this website? Once in a while I'd look up a question or topic and it would bring me to a forum on here so I figured I'd finally just sign up

Job: I don't have one yet, I've been unable to hold one, but what I'm going to school for should get me a job within 2 years and I'll be able to work from home so it's a win/win :)

Plans for the future? My biggest goal right now is to finally move in with my boyfriend. We have plans in the making but it's going to still be a year or two before it can happen. I'd also like to be able to land a steady job within my field and be able to hold it.

Any comments? If anyone would like to talk, I'm always open for it. :)

VYcma
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Aug 2016, 8:30 am

What is your first name:
ᅚX
Hobbies and Interests:
ᅚEvery branches of science, animals, video games, and plants.
Why are you here:
ᅚI want to make friends.
When were you diagnosed:
ᅚRecently.
Favorite subjects:
ᅚMy hobbies and interests.
Year/Grade:
ᅚDropped of school at 13 years old.
Favorite music:
ᅚSome of the 80s, and a mix of songs I like from any band.
Books:
ᅚFiction, science themed. I like reading but I can't focus
TV shows/Movies:
ᅚHow To Train Your Dragon, Legend Of The Guardians, Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadow, and almost all the movies with Jim Carrey.
Instrument:
ᅚViolin.
Do you like sports:
ᅚYes, baseball, boxing, diving.
Family:
ᅚMy mom and grandma.
Clothing:
ᅚMilitary with plenty of pockets.
How did you find this website:
ᅚI googled "autism being brutally honest" because I hurt my grandma.
Job:
ᅚNot good enough to have a job.
Plans for the future:
ᅚBecoming a physicist.
Any comments:
ᅚI want friends to play video games with and not feel anxious.