Page 307 of 358 [ 5723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 304, 305, 306, 307, 308, 309, 310 ... 358  Next

VisualKeiCat
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Jun 2017, 5:14 pm

What is your first name?: Timothy

Hobbies and Interests: Drawing , Writing , Reading , Listening to Music , Psychology , Dreams , Anime , Nature/Animals , Videogames

Why are you here?: Learning/Reading about other people's experiences and sharing my own experiences

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): As a teenager [age 16] i got diagnosed with BPD and ADD

Favorite subjects: Psychology , Dreams , The Unknown , Japan , Dark stuff :P

Year/Grade: I don't go to school anymore

Favorite music: Darkwave/Electro/Industrial , Metal/Rock , Dubstup , ElectroSwing , 60's/70's rock and loads more :)

Books: I love reading comics/manga :) and stuff about psychology and spirituality

TV shows/Movies: The list is..super long can't really decide

Instrument: I played some guitar when really young , i love playing on the drums [don't own a drumset though]

Do you like sports?: Yeah somewhat ..played soccer alot as a kid , does swimming count :P

Family: Mom , Dad and one older brother

Clothing: I like to dress a bit differently but not too extreme , i like comfyness

How did you find this website? I was reading stuff about Aspergers and could relate to alot of things making me question if i might have it , wanted to read more about it from other people who have it so i can understand it better

Job: Not at the moment , on a time out due to therapy :)

Plans for the future?: Not really , i'm living day by day

Any comments?: I'm glad i found this community and hope to learn more about it and get myself to share more :)

abbynied
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Jun 2017, 6:00 pm

What is your first name? Abby

Hobbies and Interests: Ok you asked for it :lol:

GAMES I PLAY SERIOUSLY
PC - Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 and 2, Sims 2, Zoo Tycoon
NES - Super Mario Bros, Super Mario 3, Dr. Mario, Bubble Bobble
SEGA GENESIS - Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, Sonic The Hedgehog 1 and 2
GAME BOY - Pokemon Red, Yellow, Gold, Crystal
ARCADE - Ms. Pacman, Galaga

TV I WATCH RELIGIOUSLY
South Park, It's Alway's Sunny in Philadelphia, Seinfeld, The Facts of Life, Daria, Parks and Recreation, Bob's Burgers
All 90's Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network.
Early 2000's Adult Swim

MUSIC ON CONSTANTLY
The Spice Girls, 60's - 80's Classic Rock and R&B, 90's - early 2000's rap, hip-hip, rock, and pop.
Electronic and video game music. Remixes and Mashups.

OTHER OBSESSIONS
Coloring books, dinosaurs and reptiles, my snake Monty, VHS tapes and found footage, Rubik's Cube, Jigsaw Puzzles, Dog person. Macbook Pro that uses game emulators and Windows XP for hacked games.

Why are you here?

Well, I had a lot of trouble with Asperger's as a kid because I wasn't diagnosed. After my diagnosis and through going to college and living independently and having jobs, I learned how to blend in. People don't know I have Asperger's when they meet me because I am so good at acting neurotypical. I don't want to do that anymore. It's exhausting and it doesn't gain me any true friendships. I am very lucky to have a couple good friends and a girlfriend who know the real me. Now I feel like I want to meet more people like myself who have a diagnosis because that is where the realness is.

When were you diagnosed? 18 years old. Senior year of high school.

Instrument: Piano and Percussion but I am out of practice.

Do you like sports? Nope!

Family: A sister who is 27 and both biological parents. I live states away from them though.

Clothing: Huge t-shirt collection. I prefer mens clothing. Cargo shorts are my favorite. I like to customize most of everything. I do dyes, tie dye, home screen printing, and sewing to make my stuff more "me."

How did you find this website?

I had an account when I was a teenager but I don't remember the login and I would rather start fresh on a new account as an adult anyway.

Job: Freelance art and film

Plans for the future? I am trying to earn a world record and that is my biggest goal. Otherwise just basic survival.

Voxish
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Aug 2017, 7:07 pm

What is your first name? Carl

Hobbies and Interests: Visual astronomy and collecting records, bootlegs, MP3's of The Fall

Why are you here? To talk freely

When were you diagnosed? 2017

Favorite subjects: Autism, astronomy and The Fall

Year/Grade: Post Grad in Autsim and Aspergers Syndrome 2017 (Masters level)

Favorite music: The Fall, Joy Division, Captain Beefheart, Bjork, Syd Barret, The Velvet Underground, The Doors

Books: I only read books on astronomy, autism or books about The Fall (But I did enjoy all the The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy series but that was 30 years ago)

TV shows/Movies: BBC News 24, Newsnight, The Sky at Night, Question Time and other political shows

Instrument: Currently playing delta blues with a slide on a 4 string fretless cigar box guitar, but I have played bass, mandolin, mandola, Irish Banjo

Do you like sports? Cricket and Rugby Union

Family: Wife and 3 children (computer programmmer, a nurse and a soldier)

Clothing: Pink Oxford Shirts, Tweed or Linen Jackets and Jeans

How did you find this website? Professional interest

Job: None :roll: Ihave almost always worked in roles with an autism focus

Plans for the future? Getting a job is top of the list (interview on Wednesday with a well known autism charity

Any comments? I have edited this loads of times due to typos....I am really bad at this tonight :roll:

BBC: Radio 4

Last edited by Voxish on 30 Aug 2017, 7:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 7:13 pm

^^^ I wish you lots of luck, Sir

Voxish
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Aug 2017, 7:18 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
^^^ I wish you lots of luck, Sir

Thank you, I want it very badly.

BBC: Radio 4

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 7:32 pm

What is your first name? Stampy :lol: (not really, but my name is very uncommon so I'm not giving that out)

Location: Stampy's Lovely World (ain't giving that out either!)

Hobbies and Interests: Stampy Cat, autism and related neurological/genetic disorders, and America's Got Talent

Why are you here? I don't know :lol: . I'm really here to learn more and have some sort of social life, since I don't have one normally!

When were you diagnosed? When I was 13 (this year)

Favorite subjects: Autism and Genetics

Year/Grade: I'm in grade 8

Favorite Music: Pop Music, but I do enjoy classical

Books: I used to read everything I could get my hands on, but now it is limited to autism/genetic disorders, AGT, and Stampy.

TV Shows/Movies: AGT is the only show I watch. I don't really watch movies either.

Instrument: Violin

Do you like sports? No way!

Family: Mom, Dad, sister, and brother.

Clothing: Stampy shirt and jeans or jean shorts with my special socks and Converse

How did you find this website? Googling a lot on autism

Job: none (too young, and even if I was older I don't know if I would have one)

Plans for the future? I would love to adopt a child with Down Syndrome or ASD. I would also like to be either part of AGT (like stage crew or something) or be a well-respected autism expert. Most of all, I want to keep my friends and possibly even make new ones! :D

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

Keladry
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 10:00 pm

What is your first name? Keladry (not in RL though, it's from a book series by Tamora Pierce which I read in constant repeat for several years while in highschool)

Hobbies and Interests: German, foreign languages, other cultures/traveling, autism, fiddling

Why are you here? Home

When were you diagnosed? 32 (this year)

Favorite subjects: German! I also really liked history/geography and similar in school

Year/Grade: Postgraduate :)

Favorite Music: American folk

Books: Anything and everything. Especially YA fantasy (Tamora Pierce!), historical fiction (especially on the Holocaust), and lately non-fiction, which I tend to read many books at the same time on specific topics. Currently it's autism/aspergers.

TV Shows/Movies: I don't watch much TV, but I'd say The Pretender, The Amazing Race, and movie is Phoebe in Wonderland

Instrument: Violin/Fiddle

Do you like sports? I really miss playing softball :(

Family: I'm single/live alone, but I still have both parents, my sister, brother-in-law and 1 year old niece :)

Clothing: Jeans and shirt, preferably with hoodie

Job: I teach at a University

Plans for the future? Uhm....not sure. Stay employed, would like a family/kids, maybe go for PhD.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2017, 12:24 am

Keladry wrote:
What is your first name? Keladry (not in RL though, it's from a book series by Tamora Pierce which I read in constant repeat for several years while in highschool)

Hobbies and Interests: German, foreign languages, other cultures/traveling, autism, fiddling

Why are you here? Home

Favorite subjects: German! I also really liked history/geography and similar in school

Books: Anything and everything. Especially YA fantasy (Tamora Pierce!), historical fiction (especially on the Holocaust), and lately non-fiction, which I tend to read many books at the same time on specific topics. Currently it's autism/aspergers.

TV Shows/Movies: I don't watch much TV, but I'd say The Pretender, The Amazing Race, and movie is Phoebe in Wonderland

Family: I'm single/live alone, but I still have both parents, my sister, brother-in-law and 1 year old niece :)

Plans for the future? Uhm....not sure. Stay employed, would like a family/kids, maybe go for PhD.

If I may, what do you teach?
:nerdy: :D

Keladry
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2017, 7:47 pm

slave wrote:
Keladry wrote:

Why are you here? Home

English as a second language :)

slave
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2017, 8:13 pm

Keladry wrote:
slave wrote:
Keladry wrote:

Why are you here? Home

Oic........kewl! :D

Keladry
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2017, 9:15 pm

slave wrote:
Keladry wrote:
slave wrote:
Keladry wrote:

Why are you here? Home

Oic........kewl! :D

:D It's quite fun!

221B
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Sep 2017, 4:13 pm

What is your first name?

Hobbies and Interests: i have passing interests. current one is asperger's. previous ones include psychology, medicine, animals, guitar, drums, violin, piano, cello, being an emo (when i was a teen), my chemical romance (teen years), goth culture, italian language, australia, indian music, house md, the big bang theory, sherlock, chess, mahjong...

Why are you here? not to be lonely and learn about asperger's.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):
self diagnosed myself a few months ago.

Favorite subjects:
philisophy, psychology. anything thought provoking.

Year/Grade:
what grade?

Favorite music:
dont have faves. but i dont like rap, metal and mainstream pop.

Books: i cant remember past books, movies or music.

TV shows/Movies:
latest favourite: sherlock

Instrument:

Do you like sports?
no
Family:
they dont understand me but i dont care about it as much anymore.

Clothing: jeans and tshirts. sweatpants and my comfort hoodie. sneakers. anything comfortable.

How did you find this website? google

Job: one that i hate and that includes too much social interaction.

Plans for the future? to die soon and peacefully. (not by suicide)

Any comments? i just want a real friend.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2017, 12:32 am

221B wrote:
What is your first name?

Hobbies and Interests: i have passing interests. current one is asperger's. previous ones include psychology, medicine, animals, guitar, drums, violin, piano, cello, being an emo (when i was a teen), my chemical romance (teen years), goth culture, italian language, australia, indian music, house md, the big bang theory, sherlock, chess, mahjong...

Favorite subjects:

Year/Grade:
what grade?

Favorite music:

TV shows/Movies:

Instrument:

Do you like sports?
no
Family:

Clothing: jeans and tshirts. sweatpants and my comfort hoodie. sneakers. anything comfortable.

May I ask for more info about this?
Are you terminally ill?
I am puzzled by your statement.

"Plans for the future? to die soon and peacefully. (not by suicide)"

221B
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Sep 2017, 5:50 am

slave wrote:
221B wrote:
What is your first name?

Favorite subjects:

Year/Grade:
what grade?

Favorite music:

TV shows/Movies:

Instrument:

Do you like sports?
no
Family:

Are you terminally ill?

no I'm not terminally ill. I just don't like my life. I was half serious, half joking.

Ish
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Sep 2017, 7:56 pm

What is your first name? Arisha

Hobbies and Interests: reading, researching, working with herbs, being with nature, playing hand drums, singing and writing.

Why are you here? Because I'm lonely and hope to make friends.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): as a young child I was diagnosed with aspergers.

Favorite subjects: philosophy, religion, culture, physics, symbolism, science, spirituality, psychology, nature,natural medicines and indigenous medicines and culture.

Year/Grade: graduated

Favorite music: depends on my mood. I like everything however I'm picky when it comes to rap and country. I really like classical music(piano,violin,etc) I also like fantasy music, edm, binaural beats, mediation affirmations, some new main stream songs, classic rock and metal.

Books: philosophy based, science books, thrillers( Steven king and love craft) religious and free thinking books and world symbolism.

TV shows/Movies: fantasy, thrillers and anything symbolic to life.

Instrument: drums, guitar(still learning) and vocals(preferred instrument)

Do you like sports? Volleyball( played that in huh school)

Family: I don't connect well with my family. I've always felt out of place like I don't belong. I'm the black and white sheep of the family.

Clothing: gypsy/ hippie look.

How did you find this website? Google

Job: acuity lighting factory

Plans for the future? I would like to travel or perhaps join americorps and eventually peace corps.

Any comments? I plan to make friends. It can get very lonely

slave
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 12:36 am

221B wrote:
slave wrote:
221B wrote:
What is your first name?

Favorite subjects:

Year/Grade:
what grade?

Favorite music:

TV shows/Movies:

Instrument:

Do you like sports?
no
Family:

Are you terminally ill?

no I'm not terminally ill. I just don't like my life. I was half serious, half joking.

Sry to hear. :(