Page 304 of 358 [ 5723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 301, 302, 303, 304, 305, 306, 307 ... 358  Next

wondestuck
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Mar 2017, 10:35 pm

What is your first name? LaDeena

Hobbies and Interests: I only have one hobby or interest at a time. At the moment the only hobby or interest I have is watch YouTube videos about moving. My husband wants us to move so now I'm obsessed with watching videos about it. Hopefully I find a new thing to replace that. Last month it was learning everything I can about bearded dragons.

Why are you here? I am almost certain I am on the autism spectrum.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): not professionally diagnosed as of yet.

Favorite subjects: English

Year/Grade: college freshman I'm going for my BA in psychology.

Favorite music: depends on my mood.

Books: series of unfortunate events, and Frankenstein.

TV shows/Movies: Walking dead and game of thrones right now.

Instrument: none

Do you like sports? No

Family: I am married. My parents and younger sister shun me.

Clothing: I wear a lot of jeans and t-shirts.

How did you find this website? From another website but I cannot remember the name.

Job: I work full time in a hospital

Plans for the future? Get my BA in psychology then start on my Masters

slimeprince
Butterfly
Butterfly

31 Mar 2017, 5:28 pm

What is your first name? It's Arin, but sometimes I prefer Ryan.

Hobbies and Interests: drawing, painting, stuffed animals, 3DS games, Stardew Valley, Sims, Pokemon, psychology

Why are you here? I'm like 80% sure I'm autistic and a friend told me she had an account

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): not diagnosed

Favorite subjects: art, psychology, computer science, algebra

Year/Grade: senior/12th

Favorite music: Gorillaz, Marina and the Diamonds, Against Me!

Books: i don't really read anymore

TV shows/Movies: Rick and Morty, Steven Universe was my SpIn but with all the discourse around it lately it just makes me really sad and uncomfy

Instrument: i used to play flute lol

Do you like sports? no but i like ice skating

Family: the only people in my family i really care about are my brother and my grandpa :/

Clothing: my favorite clothes are leggings and big shirts but since i'm trans i like to wear joggers and t-shirts to kinda pass when i'm around people. also i really like pajama pants and zip-up sweatshirts/hoodies.

How did you find this website? i've known about it for a while idk

Job: i only volunteer at the food pantry and school store currently

Plans for the future? going to college for something in psychology, getting some kind of diagnosis and new medication (hopefully no regular therapy i hate therapy), and increasing my collection of Pokemon plushies to a ridiculous size :D

Jehubbard
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Mar 2017, 6:04 pm

What is your first name? Jackie or Jackie

Hobbies and Interests: Hiking, travel, reading, music, playing with my kids and my dog

Why are you here? Self-diagnosed AS after having my 3 year old son evaluated.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Self diagnosed in the last 2 weeks, trying to figure out if a professional diagnosis is worth the time/effort/money

Favorite music: So much...Everything from Bach to Neon Trees traditional bluegrass to Flogging Molly to Shinedown to Pop Country

Books: So many things. My favorites from childhood have been Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, Harry Potter, The Hobbit and Narnia. As an adult, I read less but still love Tolkien and CS Lewis. Bronte. Poe. Ann Rice. Homer.

TV shows/Movies: SOA (the violence is super triggering to me in the past 6 months though...long story), Justified, HIMYM, Deadwood, Supernatural, Smallville, Breaking Bad, Star Wars, LOTR, still Disney (I have kids so it's totally not weird, right?)

Instrument: Mandolin, guitar, upright bass, like 2 songs on piano.

Do you like sports? No. I'm completely intimidated when asked to play and I can't stand to watch them on TV. I watch the Olympics every 2 years and that's it

Family: My mom has depression and PTSD, Dads quiet but good. They're great parents. My younger sister (25) has an anxiety disorder. My husband has PTSD and anxiety. My oldest son (3) is in the midst of the extensive eval for ASD and my youngest (15 months) is 100% NT as far as we can tell. I guess he's kind of the weird one

Clothing: Depends on how I'm feeling. Usually jeans and a tshirt but in the summer I wear lots of maxi dresses and sun dresses. Went on a slight lularoe kick over the winter and loved the softness of the leggings. Definitely no sense of style and I look to my sister for guidance a lot

How did you find this website? I took the Aspie quiz and this was listed as a reference

Job: Pediatric ER Nurse. Weirdest job ever for an Aspie. I love what I do so much but the multitasking, overstimulation, crazy interpersonal dinamics and constant deviation from established rules makes me so stressed out I can almost not function after a 12 hour shift. Luckily I have a 15 minute walk followed by a 60 minute drive to get home where I just sit in silence and talk to myself until I'm more myself when I get home

Plans for the future? Grad school to be a Nurse Practitioner. We're also shopping for a large bit of land to build on in the future

Any comments? Ummm this is my first post, so hello and thanks for having me

R4
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Apr 2017, 12:57 pm

What is your first name? Gopal

Hobbies and Interests: mycoligy, travel

Why are you here? I am believed to be on the spectrum

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): not truly diagnosed, I am moving in that direction.

Favorite subjects: finance, foreign policy, Nepal, Gaudiya Visnavism, religion

Year/Grade: 2001

Favorite music: Dubstep

Books: Journey of the Soul

TV shows/Movies: 12 Monkeys

Instrument: I cant even clap

Do you like sports? No

Family: ...

Clothing: um... I like the brand of shoes called Rockport

How did you find this website? An agent of sources I will not name recommended I come here because its believed that I have a place on the spectrum

Job: extra help

Plans for the future? ...

Any comments? Hey everyone, I am new here! I did not think I may have some autism for most of my life and now its starting to look like I very likely have it and I barely understand what it is. I had thought I was just an add mild and depression guy. I discovered that how I think and engage is very autistic from the writings of autistic people on the internet. So this is where I have landed, what now. Give me some direction. I wish I had autistic associates, I love how we think.

darlington_5149
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Apr 2017, 3:36 pm

What is your first name? Alice

Hobbies and interests: German and American history, walking by the sea, reading

Why are you here? I want to understand a bit more about Aspergers

When were you diagnosed? Not currently diagnosed but I recently had a consultation with a psychologist who said I was showing clear traits of Aspergers. I'm hoping to get a proper diagnosis soon.

Favourite subjects: History and English

Year/ grade:

Favourite music: None

Books: Harry Potter

TV shows/ movies: Game of Thrones

Instrument: None

Do you like sports? No

Family: Massive- Mum, Dad, stepmum, brother, stepsister......

Clothing: fairly casual but like dressing up sometimes

How did you find this website? Recommended to it by a doctor

Job: recently graduated from university, looking at things to apply for at the moment

Plans for the future: hopefully be okay!

SpiderGwen
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Apr 2017, 12:41 am

What is your first name? Gwen

Hobbies and Interests: gardening, cats, video production (I don’t make any, just read a lot about how people do that)

Why are you here? I’m autistic

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):about a year ago

Favorite music: rock

TV shows/Movies: My favourite TV show is Arrow, I also like legends of tomorrow

Do you like sports? Nope!

Clothing: jeans, t-shirt, sneakers

Plans for the future? Be happy! :D

Any comments? Nope lol

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2017, 1:14 am

What is your first name?: Because of how much mocking and ridicule has been thrown at me for my first name, especially by adult females in chronic illness support groups on Facebook (which I am now gone from), and by my now ex wife, there is no way in hell I'm going to give it here. Especially here.

Location: A midwestern county seat farm burg of population 8,000+ which was an antebellum river landing town then a railroad town and is now just a town.

Hobbies and Interests: The screen name covers a lot of it. Toss in space and rockets too.

Why are you here? Because I am not there.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Two decades later than would have been preferred.

Favorite subjects: In school? History, English, Geometry, Languages, Biology, Drafting, Art, Sociology.

Year/Grade: Got through 2 years of college.

Favorite music: I'm not sure how to describe it. There are limits on what I can listen to. Things are out if they have too high a pitch, too fast a pace, too many different sounds; and that last one wipes out a lot of contemporary music.
Something I like is: https://youtu.be/CcsUYu0PVxY

Books: Yes! I like them! Nonfiction about areas of interest. Science fiction. Am even, slooooooowly, writing a book.

TV shows/Movies: Don't watch any more; Can't watch any more.

Instrument: Don't play one but do like music.

Do you like sports? Mmm, sort of. Will listen to baseball games on radio. Football, USA style, broadcasts include too much of the crowd noise for me to cope with them.

Family: Yeah, have that. I have no children.

Clothing: Yeah, I use it. Cargo pants and tropical shirts are preferred warm weather attire. I get very cold very fast so sweats see a lot of use in cool weather. Winter is an ordeal to be endured.

How did you find this website? Been long enough ago that I don't remember. Was on for a few years then left for a few years.

Job: Not any more. Worked in retail and telecom on and off.

Plans for the future? Errr... that's an uncomfortable thing as my health seems to constantly shoot them down. I think I've quit planning for any future.

Any comments? "Any" opens up a lot of territory ... :lol: I like animals and have found myself ot be a cat person. Have grand memories of the two dogs of childhood.
(hmm, 'the two dogs of childhood', what kind of story could that be a title for?)

kidea
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Apr 2017, 8:12 am

What is your first name? Orquidea

Hobbies and Interests: I like to draw and I'm making this for living now :D I like to watch tv shows, music videos and films. Most of all, spending time with my husband

Why are you here? To make friends, because I never had one, I mean... I have friends of course, but no close friends, not someone who actually know me and can stand the way I am and how I act in social being me, not the fake and social me. Just my husband can do this so far and I hope someone else does too, I don't want just to relay on only one person, because this one person one day could not stand me anymore, I mean... I know that I am too much to take care on and to live, so I want a friend that could share with my husband the joy and emotion and fun of being my friend. And practice my english too.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 6 yo

Favorite subjects: Music, rap and rock music specifically, but music in general too. Movies, tv shows, but I like to chat, no matter the subject

Year/Grade: thanks God, I'm not studying anymore, just the basics to live on.

Favorite music: Paradise City - Guns N' Roses

TV shows/Movies: Terminator movies and tv shows/movies that I can relax my mind, like comedy, or I can entertain my brain with some trick questions and thoughts, like investigation or mystery or suspense.

Do you like sports? To practice, nope, just regular walks around my neighbor. To watch sometimes I like volleyball and handball

Family: I live with my husband in a family lot. In the same lot, but separated houses lives our aunts and cousins and my mother-in-law.

Clothing: comfortable ones

How did you find this website? Reading about AS in wikipedia lol

Job: Designer and Illustrator

Plans for the future? Children and new house

slave
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2017, 6:42 pm

kidea wrote:
What is your first name? Orquidea

Hobbies and Interests: I like to draw and I'm making this for living now :D I like to watch tv shows, music videos and films. Most of all, spending time with my husband

Why are you here? To make friends, because I never had one, I mean... I have friends of course, but no close friends, not someone who actually know me and can stand the way I am and how I act in social being me, not the fake and social me. Just my husband can do this so far and I hope someone else does too, I don't want just to relay on only one person, because this one person one day could not stand me anymore, I mean... I know that I am too much to take care on and to live, so I want a friend that could share with my husband the joy and emotion and fun of being my friend. And practice my english too.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 6 yo

Favorite subjects: Music, rap and rock music specifically, but music in general too. Movies, tv shows, but I like to chat, no matter the subject

Year/Grade: thanks God, I'm not studying anymore, just the basics to live on.

Favorite music: Paradise City - Guns N' Roses

TV shows/Movies: Terminator movies and tv shows/movies that I can relax my mind, like comedy, or I can entertain my brain with some trick questions and thoughts, like investigation or mystery or suspense.

Do you like sports? To practice, nope, just regular walks around my neighbor. To watch sometimes I like volleyball and handball

Family: I live with my husband in a family lot. In the same lot, but separated houses lives our aunts and cousins and my mother-in-law.

Clothing: comfortable ones

How did you find this website? Reading about AS in wikipedia lol

Job: Designer and Illustrator

Plans for the future? Children and new house

We have many artists on WP, you are welcome to share your work if you wish. Some use a DeviantArt profile.
Welcome. :D

conjr94
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Apr 2017, 10:48 am

What is your first name? Connor

Hobbies and Interests: Dwarf Fortress, Warhammer 40k, watching movies/series, Biology, cooking and the gym/general fitness

Why are you here? I have Asperger's and feel I should try to connect with others with ASD

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 8 years old

Favorite music: No exact preference, but I like Johnny Cash and David Bowie

Books: Sci-fi and fantasy, eg. ASoIaF, Dune, Warhammer books, Malazan

TV shows/Movies: Favorite films are Star Wars and LoTRs. Favorite series are Game of Thrones, House of Cards and Westworld

Do you like sports? I like lifting, cycling and running, if they count as sports.

Family: Mum, dad and two siblings who are twins. All NT.

Clothing: A fine balance between stuff that's comfy, decent looking and cost efficient.

How did you find this website?

Job: Student, studying Biomedicine at the UEA

Plans for the future? Get my Bsc and maybe a Masters/PhD then find a decent job in research

guineapiggirl23
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Apr 2017, 8:28 pm

What is your first name? Elizabeth

Hobbies and Interests: reading, drawing, animals, cartoons

Why are you here? I wanna socialize and get to know other autistic people since I myself are

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): At age 3

Favorite subjects: English, Art

Year/Grade: None

Favorite music: Beatles, Green Day

Books: To Kill A Mocking Bird, Harry Potter, Where the Red Fern Grows

TV shows/Movies: Shows: Sid and Marty Krofft tv shows, classic Hanna Barbera cartoons, Movies: Charlotte's Web, Harry Potter

Instrument: Can play a little bit of the keyboards, and ukulele

Do you like sports? Played Soccer for 11 years, I also like to swim

Family: Live with mom and two younger brothers all are NT

Clothing: casual

How did you find this website? It was suggested to me on my browser

Job: volunteers at local animal shelter part time, during the summer I work as a dog walker/pet sitter

Plans for the future? I would love to settle down and get married. I would also like to adopt eight children from foster care and own a farm in the country

Peevesandrooster
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Apr 2017, 3:56 pm

What is your name? Saxon

Interests: cooking, British comedy, European History, musical theater

Why are you here? To meet others on the spectrum with similar interests

When were you diagnosed? 13

Favorite subjects: any form of social studies (never took geography though), biology, choir/musical theater, Latin

Year grade: none

Favorite music: Diamond City radio from Fallout 4, The Paper Kites, Kaneholler

Books: The Narnia books, 1984 and Animal Farm, tbh just the types of books that are assigned in high school. Also the fanfic My Immortal

TV show and movies: House MD, Scrubs, Shameless (US), The Inbetweeners (UK), Blackadder, The Young Ones, Monty Python movies, The Wizard of Oz

Instrument: i sing, did percussion in middle school band.

Family: dad, mom, stepmom; 5 siblings but only one is biological

Clothing: thrift store chic

How'd you find the website: through reddit

Plans for the future: make some money, travel the world and have some kids

CyborgSpaceKitten
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Apr 2017, 9:50 pm

What is your first name? Theresa

Hobbies and Interests: Art/Painting/Drawing, Music/Playing Instruments, Magic the Gathering, Reading, Star Trek

Why are you here? I want to meet more people that I can relate to, and learn more about Aspergers and Autism.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I have not yet been officially diagnosed. I am currently self-diagnosed and seeking out an official diagnosis. Both my brother and dad have Asperger's.

Favorite subjects: I'm assuming this means school... Art, Music, Health, Science (I'm more interested in theoretical science though)

Year/Grade: Graduated High School

Favorite music: I like a variety of music. I like everything from Metal to Hip-Hop, to Post-Punk to Soul... I'm not picky.

Books: I have trouble getting into long novels, but I like graphic novels and comic books...also and non-fiction. I've been really into quantum physics lately.

TV shows/Movies: As for TV, lately I've been into:Star Trek, Firefly, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Legion, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Angie Tribeca and Riverdale
For movies, my favorites currently are Party Monster, Guardians of the Galaxy, Waking Life, The Fifth Element and The Professional.

Instrument: Guitar and Mandolin

Do you like sports? Not particularly. I don't mind them, but I don't follow any teams. I used to take dance lessons

Family: I have them,we get along alright, but I'm quite different from them.

Clothing: I like wearing dresses. Also, things that are restrictive really bother me.

How did you find this website? Google. Just happened upon it.

Job: None right now. I'm an addict in recovery, and I spend too much time in outpatient treatment to work.

Plans for the future? Get back into a stable living situation where I can support myself. Also, learn to love myself more and be happy in my skin.

:heart: :heart:

leticizimm
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Apr 2017, 11:36 pm

What is your first name? Leticia

Hobbies and Interests: Astronomy, nutrition and animals.

Why are you here? I would like to meet people like me 'cause is dificult to live just with neurotipicals.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): In my childhood

Favorite subjects: Politcs, health, games on steam ...

Year/Grade: 2º year of nutrition

Favorite music: Saturn - Sleeping at last

Books: Social contract - Rousseau; Os miseráveis - Victor Hugo;

TV shows/Movies: Well, now i'm watching The Walking Dead, Fear The Walking Dead, House of Cards, Stranger Things ... For movies I like Star Wars, Indiana Jones ...

Instrument: Piano

Do you like sports? No, i'm very awful.

Family: Already dead.

Clothing: Confortable.

How did you find this website? On google.

Job: I'm student

Plans for the future? Living a normal life. Just this.

Any comments?

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2017, 12:47 am

leticizimm wrote:
What is your first name? Leticia

Hobbies and Interests: Astronomy, nutrition and animals.

Why are you here? I would like to meet people like me 'cause is dificult to live just with neurotipicals.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): In my childhood

Favorite subjects: Politcs, health, games on steam ...

Year/Grade: 2º year of nutrition

Favorite music: Saturn - Sleeping at last

Books: Social contract - Rousseau; Os miseráveis - Victor Hugo;

TV shows/Movies: Well, now i'm watching The Walking Dead, Fear The Walking Dead, House of Cards, Stranger Things ... For movies I like Star Wars, Indiana Jones ...

Instrument: Piano

Do you like sports? No, i'm very awful.

Family: Already dead.

Clothing: Confortable.

How did you find this website? On google.

Job: I'm student

Plans for the future? Living a normal life. Just this.

Any comments?

we have the same name!!

babybasher
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Apr 2017, 12:57 am

What is your first name? Vincent

Hobbies and Interests: Reading and Watching Cooking show, Documentaries

Why are you here? I want to help others in their query

When were you diagnosed?

Favorite subjects: Algebra

Year/Grade: Graduate