Page 1 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Dr_Cheeba
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Jun 2014, 9:24 pm

I was just curious if anyone else can't stand the sensation of animals licking you (Specifically dogs or cats) ?

I have a cat which I love deeply, and sometimes I will let her for a few seconds (Only my hands) because she wants to very bad but I just can't tolerate the sensation.

I know countless owners who let their pets lick them all over and on the mouth... NOPE!

perpetual_padawan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Jun 2014, 9:34 pm

I won't let my dog kick me on the mouth but I don't mind if she does so elsewhere. I know it's a sign of affection on her part so it makes me feel special. Cats tongues are way too rough for me but I love their purring sound and when they run their faces on your skin.

Dr_Cheeba
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Jun 2014, 9:38 pm

I love the purring and rubbing as well. I will head butt her and everything else as far as affection goes but that's just the one thing I can't handle. It's true their tongues are very rough... which makes it worse.

I had a dog for 14 years of my life as well and it was the same... I couldn't handle her licking me but I loved her and would do everything else. I know it's a sign of affection for animals so that's why I put up with it for brief periods.

neobluex
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2014, 9:42 pm

It's disgusting.

Animals like me, not lick me. :P

StarsInMyMargarita
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Jun 2014, 10:09 pm

I wish my cats would lick me more often. It's usually a nice feeling. My youngest, though, she used to lick my hair/forehead so much while I was asleep that it would hurt when I woke up.

I HATE when the dogs lick me. They're too slobbery. One of our dogs liked licking feet. That was terrible. Dog slobber between your toes. Ick.

dottsie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Jun 2014, 10:17 pm

I don't mind when cats lick me since their tongues don't feel slimy and gross. Any other animals are a big no-no, though, even though I know it's how some of them show affection.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2014, 10:20 pm

I love it when Chico licks me. He can't pet me with his paws, so he pets my hands and arms with his tongue. :O)

Einfari
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2014, 10:21 pm

I have owned pets(cats, dogs, rabbits, and about everything else) for my entire, so I'm used to getting licked by animals. I don't like having my pets lick me just because it feels slimy and gross. Sometimes I can put up with it on occasion though.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2014, 11:22 pm

I like it when my cat licks me, I let her lick my fingers when I have chips or twisties, I like her sandpaper tongue, my other cat never licked.
I don't like dogs licking me their tongues are too wet and slobbery.

NicholasName
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Jun 2014, 11:41 pm

Much as I hate to admit it, it does bother my sensory issues a tiny bit. (Don't tell my kitties. :lol: ) I love it anyway, though. I usually avoid anything that bothers my sensory issues like the plague, but there's a handful of things that have enough of a benefit emotionally or convenience-wise that I'll ignore it. I will gladly ignore my overactive senses for animals who want to show affection.

rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2014, 12:01 am

I generally have issues with liquids like that however I try to tolerate it the best I can. I prefer to be licked by my own animals and where there is proper washing resources. You just don't know where some of those mouths have been.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2014, 12:13 am

Both of my cats lick and I like it. The older one sometimes licks my hands and sucks my fingers. His tongue is very rough and sometimes it hurts.

The younger one likes to lick my mouth and he purrs and kneads my face while he does it. I think it's his substitute for nursing. Sometimes he even moves his nose around like he is looking for a nipple.

perpetual_padawan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Jun 2014, 1:39 am

rapidroy wrote:
I generally have issues with liquids like that however I try to tolerate it the best I can. I prefer to be licked by my own animals and where there is proper washing resources. You just don't know where some of those mouths have been.

Generally speaking, I'm more concerned about the cleanliness of a door knob, phone, remote control, computer keyboard, and faucet than I will ever be over an animal's mouth. All of those things are bound to have far more deadly microbes on it than an animal's tongue.

LookingLost
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2014, 4:20 am

I don't like the feeling when dogs lick me, especially certain dogs and in certain areas. I like that they want to do it, though, so try to let them.

Penandinkmarie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Jun 2014, 5:43 am

I think MOST people find animals licking gross and unsanitary but honestly I LOVE IT!! It makes me happy when I get kisses from dogs lol?even if they're just licking the salt from my sweat. I don't care?.I just love it. Make me smile every time.

bleh12345
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2014, 5:49 am

My dog licks me a lot. I love the sensation. It tickles. I brush his teeth and I curl my lips in my mouth so his saliva doesn't get inside my mouth. Human licking is disgusting to me, though. I guess I'm weird...