Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2014, 9:03 pm

It's getting depressing!! ! I can't go anywhere! Without having stomach cramps! Or running to the bathroom! It usually takes 2-3 days to feel the affects and go to the bathroom that's how my body works. I can not pin it down to anything! 3 days of GREASY FAST FOOD TYPE PIZZA AND FRIED PICKLES! (Just celebrated my nephews 7th Birthday going a few places that served greasy junk food stuff.) Surely THAT WOULD cause problems that week. NOPE FINE! Past few days (2-3 day time frame this time Fri. night) Wendys Fast Food is the only ABNORMAL thing I ate then on Monday I had STOMACH ISSUES! Running to the bathroom twice!

UH! You'd THINK 3 days of GREASY PIZZA would = issues the following week and NOTHING! I eat fiber noodles to get more fiber and they taste just as good as the other regular white ones. My Aspie routine food is spaghetti noodles with parmesan and garlic salt. A few days a week actually. And perhaps a Diet soda a day. I CAN NOT PIN THIS DOWN!

We cook burgers at home eat frozen pizzas I eat Lucky Charms or Cinnamon waffles for breakfast (one or the other depends on my mood what I feel like eating that morning.) I have a cup of coffee in the morning! Sometimes change up my lunch routine with a frozen health meal although that's rare.

I can't pin it down on ANY ONE FOOD!! !! !! !!

OH and when I saw my regular doctor a few weeks ago OF COURSE I WASN'T HAVING SYMPTOMS THEN everything sounded fine intestines wise! I CAN'T PIN IT DOWN! :-(

Please HELP!! !! !! !! !

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2014, 9:20 pm

could be irritable bowel syndrome. coffee can make that worse. so can stress.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2014, 12:56 am

Read the thread in my sig and see if you can relate.

Cliffs: Over the past couple years I've figured out what caused/exacerbated my symptoms, and how for treat them. Digestive issues caused the neurological issues. Treating the digestive issues has minimized the neurological ones and I'm now back to life & loving it. 8)

stabilator
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jun 2014, 1:11 am

I have irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).

I also have dairy and gluten intolerance.

Some people have casin and soy intolerance. I am not sure if I am intolerant to them.

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2014, 4:41 am

I have crohn's though it has not affected me in the last few years since I started regularly smoking weed

not the best option in the world but cannabis does really work good for digestive issues

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2014, 7:03 am

I probably have IBS. I have recurrent cycles of diarrhea and slight constipation. I've had this since at least age 18.

I vomited quite a bit as a young child.

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2014, 10:57 am

i get occasional bouts of IBS and stomach pains, and an intolerance to Apple Juice

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2014, 11:09 am

I am almost certain I have IBS too. It's not any outrageous claim as it runs in the family. I find the two worst foods for an attack are butter and pepperoni, probably my two favorite things. I mentioned this to the Doctor and about possible gluten/casein sensitivity and he just said "yeah, probably" and advised me to cut down on both. This was before the whole gluten-free craze started.

Eccles_the_Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2014, 11:34 am

Ugh! another IBS sufferer here. I don't often get it but when I do it takes a week or so for me to get back to normal.

eggheadjr
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2014, 12:54 pm

My IBS went away after going casein and gluten free - turns out I'm very much gluten intolerant, likely celiac.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2014, 1:59 am

See a gastroentologist

You are describing my life in my early 30's. Very inhibiting. It makes you scared to leave your residence and you just feel really weak and sh***y (pun intended)

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

SoMissunderstood
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Jun 2014, 2:12 am

zeldapsychology wrote:
It's getting depressing!! ! I can't go anywhere! Without having stomach cramps! Or running to the bathroom! It usually takes 2-3 days to feel the affects and go to the bathroom that's how my body works. I can not pin it down to anything! 3 days of GREASY FAST FOOD TYPE PIZZA AND FRIED PICKLES! (Just celebrated my nephews 7th Birthday going a few places that served greasy junk food stuff.) Surely THAT WOULD cause problems that week. NOPE FINE! Past few days (2-3 day time frame this time Fri. night) Wendys Fast Food is the only ABNORMAL thing I ate then on Monday I had STOMACH ISSUES! Running to the bathroom twice!

UH! You'd THINK 3 days of GREASY PIZZA would = issues the following week and NOTHING! I eat fiber noodles to get more fiber and they taste just as good as the other regular white ones. My Aspie routine food is spaghetti noodles with parmesan and garlic salt. A few days a week actually. And perhaps a Diet soda a day. I CAN NOT PIN THIS DOWN!

We cook burgers at home eat frozen pizzas I eat Lucky Charms or Cinnamon waffles for breakfast (one or the other depends on my mood what I feel like eating that morning.) I have a cup of coffee in the morning! Sometimes change up my lunch routine with a frozen health meal although that's rare.

I can't pin it down on ANY ONE FOOD!! !! !! !!

OH and when I saw my regular doctor a few weeks ago OF COURSE I WASN'T HAVING SYMPTOMS THEN everything sounded fine intestines wise! I CAN'T PIN IT DOWN! :-(

Please HELP!! !! !! !! !

Join the club (IBS sufferer as well).

Sometimes, pinning it down to a food item is a total waste of time, when it is caused by stress and environmental factors.

When I eat fatty food, my gall bladder goes into seizure (I need to have it removed), which impacts on my whole digestive system days later.

I'm sitting here right now with nausea and stomach cramps...I have been to the dunny 5 times today...then again, I am under a lot of stress and need to apply my 'stress management routine' to bring it under control (or try).

Yes, it is totally annoying, but as annoying as it is, it's happened thousands of times in the past and is likely to happen thousands of times in future so...

*cue Immodium

tall-p
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2014, 7:30 pm

I've always had a pretty good stomach and digestion... but six months ago I had the stomach flu...er something, and my stomach has been giving me fits since then. Lots of loud rumbling and gas, and some stabbing pains, diarrhea. I always take TUMS if I have gas er something, and they would help in this case a little, but the condition didn't go away. So I thought I'd try probiotics... they are in the news often these days. I'm amazed! I feel 90% better just 3 days later. I bought these on Amazon. They had many many positive reviews and they have my vote now too... http://www.digestiveadvantage.com/diges ... s-30-count

ImeldaJace
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2014, 9:16 pm

I have a lot of stomach issues that are due to anxiety, but the problem is usually throwing up for me.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2014, 11:08 pm

ImeldaJace wrote:
I have a lot of stomach issues that are due to anxiety, but the problem is usually throwing up for me.

...you have a lot of anxiety due to stomach issues.

Seriously. Heal the digestive issues & kiss the anxiety goodbye.

ImeldaJace
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2014, 12:10 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
ImeldaJace wrote:

...you have a lot of anxiety due to stomach issues.

Seriously. Heal the digestive issues & kiss the anxiety goodbye.

There is actually quite a story behind it for me. I apologize now for how long my post is going to be, but I really can't figure out how to shorten it.

For many years (from when I was around 9 or 10, until I was almost 17) I was misdiagnosed with a stomach disorder. I would have these episodes lasting anywhere from a day or two up to an entire week during which I would throw up. I have thrown up so many times over the years that I could make you a list of foods that are the worst to throw up. I was diagnosed with abdominal migraines. I was treated with a medication and the episodes decreased in severity and frequency until they eventually stopped happening altogether. But there was a problem. With a typical case of abdominal migraines, a patient would be weaned off the medication after their episodes went away and they would be fine and have no more trouble. But every single time we tried to wean me off the medication, I would get sick again. No one could figure out what the problem was. I had ultrasounds and x-rays of my stomach to see if there was something else going on, but everything seemed normal and perfectly healthy.

Throughout all of this I was being treated for anxiety but as it turned out, it was not completely treated. A situation occurred when I was almost 17 that lead me to change psychiatrists (it was nothing too bad, but it would take way to long to explain here.) We decided to take me off all my medications, including the one for abdominal migraines, and start afresh. Once we got my anxiety under control, or at least into a manageable state, my stomach issues completely disappeared. I have not thrown up in two years, which considering my history, is practically miraculous.

My anxiety is neurological. It is caused by certain neurotransmitters going haywire in my brain and throughout my body. The reason that people feel sick to their stomach when they are nervous is because one of the chief neurotransmitters involved with anxiety is also found in abundance in the gut. What had been happening was I would work myself up into such a state that I would throw up.

The abdominal migraine medication successfully treating my episodes of throwing up is a perfect example of the placebo effect in action. I believed that the medication would make me not throw up and so it did. Whenever I was weaned off, I didn't have the "security blanket" anymore so I would throw up again.

Believe me, I wish very very much that I could get rid of my anxiety problems. My anxiety is severe to the point that it could be considered disabling. It is not easy but it is what I have to live with.