Does anyone else have this? Missing no one when you're away

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

hyena
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jun 2014, 11:04 am

That's wonderful. Much better to not be autistic. It's horrible.

DukeJanTheGrey wrote:
The longer I spend on these forums the more blatant it becomes that I have been misdiagnosed.

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2014, 11:06 am

I consider myself a very good wife and mother. When I know that I am going to be away from them, I have to schedule calling them and telling them I love them and miss them so much. If I don't, schedule it, I will forget to.

This is when things are going well for every one. If one of my loved ones is going through something painful, I cannot keep my mind on ANYTHING but that loved one. Nothing, I cannot detach from my concerns in any way. If I am away and going through something rough, all I can think about is getting back to the loving hearts of my family.

But, when I am doing good and so are they,when I am out of town, I don't really think about them much. And yeah,I am always SO excited about seeing them again and put together super special reuntions that are generally planned before I leave for my trip.

Shadi2
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2014, 1:39 pm

I don't miss anyone either. Except for a vague feeling once in a while, that for example, I wouldn't mind seeing my favorite cousin once in a while (we live thousands of miles away), but it really is a vague feeling, I'm completely fine even if I don't see him. Well I do miss my parents who died a few years ago tho, but again its not like "I want to see them right now", its more the fact that they are gone and I miss that they are not around anymore, because even when they were alive I never called, and visited only once in a while, it was always my mother who called me.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2014, 1:52 pm

I miss everyone right now. Most of my friends are at concert festivals or working over the summer, the rest seem reflexively withdrawn, much like myself. I REALLY miss a certain girl but the safest route for anyone is impulse control. I miss my wider family like nothing else but my sole means of respecting them is deference. A reverent take on social interaction usually necessitates followers, followers I've voluntarily relinquished.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

tetris
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2014, 5:51 pm

I don't ever miss anyone, it's kind of seems like they cease to exist if I'm not speaking or in the room with them.

ashkent
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jun 2014, 6:35 pm

I've said it before on here and I'll say it again. I've always felt as though there is "something" missing from every relationship with a person in my life, past or present. There is no bond, for want of a better word. No matter how much I like someone, or enjoy being in their company, I just cannot attach.

Randomly pick anyone in my life. Tell me I will wake up tomorrow and will never hear from them or see them ever again (obviously I wish them no ill will, I'm not an a-hole) and I can honestly say I wouldn't bat an eyelid.

Is that through choice? No it most certainly isn't. I want that connection. I want that missing piece of the puzzle. If I found it, maybe then I might be able to form the lifelong friendships my peers have. I just don't have the capacity, to have another living person as an integral part of my very being. Despite the many people I see and interact with every day of my life I truly walk alone. Though, I am not lonely, or unhappy.

I suppose an NT would expect I should be.

RAADS-R: 140

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2014, 7:46 pm

I am inconsistent. Sometimes I miss people but sometimes I don't. I don't know what makes the difference in that for me. I don't miss people often though.

Wreck It Ralph

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2014, 7:53 pm

Hey Vicky, you want another kid? I'm in! :D

My family is awesome but it never hurts to have more! And you are totally awesome.
Hugs,
:D

Wreck It Ralph

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2014, 7:56 pm

I don't have a spouse or kids, but where I work whenever somebody goes out of town on business they are always SO HAPPY. At first I thought I was working with a bunch of abnormally cold and callous people, but I think sometimes marriage can just be overwhelming and everybody needs some me time. At least you're not clingy and unable to enjoy your own company!

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2014, 7:47 am

My wife and I were going on a second honeymoon, but it was very difficult for me to make the trip because I dreaded leaving our 5 year old daughter with the grandparents. There was nothing wrong with the grandparents, in fact I knew my daughter would be spoiled rotten and they were taking her on a beach vacation. It was separation anxiety for me and worse worrying about my daughter feeling abandoned.

On the second day of our trip we were sitting in a favorite café in Germany and my wife happened to mention our daughter in passing. It struck me like a rock. Oh Yeah!! ! I thought. We have a daughter! I had already forgotten she exsisted. :oops: :lol:

rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2014, 12:02 am

I break about the length the OP mentions from people is nice to have however eventually I do want to hear from them. On the other end of the spectrum calling me every 2 hours is very annoying.

Shadi2
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2014, 12:14 am

rapidroy wrote:
On the other end of the spectrum calling me every 2 hours is very annoying.

I can relate to this. At first my husband used to call me a few times during the day while he was at work, I thought it was sooooooo annoying, to where I was getting rude and snappy on the phone, wondering why the heck he needed to call me all the time for no reason.

VioletShadows
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Jun 2014, 3:53 am

I never really miss people, but I think that might be because I've been away from my family for ages once before, and being away for a few days isn't so bad now. I used to miss them heaps.