Page 9 of 12 [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2017, 5:32 pm

Meh, I totally forgot about these kinds of threads.

To put myself back out:

I'm 37, male, and from the mid-west US.

My main interests include philosophy, spirituality, analyzing politics, making music, and practicing martial arts. For work I got my degree in accounting but found there weren't many opportunities for advancement, found out that I like programming more, so now I'm programming .Net and Angular (Javascript).

Some of the things that are important to me in a partner, and reciprocally finding a partner who'd be happy:

1) Someone whose okay with someone being a big music-head. I've been a dedicated drum n bass head for more than half my life now, I also have plenty of other electronic genres where I find what I like as well as classic hip hop and various rock/metal of the last 30 years. I also am a bit of a gear-head, ie. I do like my synthesizer modules and studio monitors.

2) Someone whose politically either slightly right of center, center, possibly slightly left of center, but any which way much more into thinking for herself rather than subscribing to dogmatism (ie. easy script). I tend to enjoy following what's going on in the world around me and while I'm not obsessed with talking about it I don't think I could relate to someone who's either dedicated 'right' or 'left' in such a manner that her skills for nuance are absorbed by tautology. Especially it would be great to be with someone whose even different from me in her thinking but loves constructive debate and engaging new ideas of one type or another.

3) Admittedly, when it comes to philosophy and religion, I'm something of an abstract pagan and I've probably spent far more time reading up on western religion, philosophy, etc. than most people would find healthy. I'm in a couple Hermetic orders, I'm enjoying what I read these days on chaos magic, I do practice ritual occasionally and would like to be with someone whose either at worst indifferent or at best interested herself in what that's all about. As far as what I 'believe' its more of a practice and experiment than a belief, and admittedly most of it is about self-influence and improving myself in ways that I'd have little basis or scaffolding for doing otherwise. I don't discount the idea that thought and intention can move the world, just that I'd really only want it to be thought and intention with integrity so I figure cleaning up my own room (yep - that's a Peterson-ism), my own house, and my own basement is a big part of all of that. Even for as non-dogmatic as much of that is you don't necessarily need to believe anything I do, just that if you think I either slept through science class and need a Dawkins intervention or believe I'm headed for eternal damnation - I might not be your catch.

With that last point and how I'd deal with parenting (ie. not having an institution to hand off), I do think that children are the world in 30 or 40 years, of every generation, and that adults have an obligation to instill in them as much integrity and as much critical-thinking capacity as possible. I feel like I need to give that caveat because a lot of people have a way of thinking that such things can only happen in the social structure of an organized religion, bible school, PSR, etc.. I'm not absolutely closed to a son or daughter doing that even if for nothing more than Western Civilization literacy (to that extent if you don't understand the bible it's tough to make sense of any of western history), but even outside of that there are a lot of similar structures and I do think good parenting can cover most of the bases.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 9:54 am

If you were a woman, tech, you'd be right in my strike zone. I get the sense that you approach things in a more methodical manner than I do, which sounds like an asset. I already enjoy our finely-grained principled disagreements, and the way we narrow down our areas of disagreement and come to useful points of agreement.

I'm a bit to the left of tech, both on the map and on the political spectrum. Also ten years older.

Being both committed to polyamory and single doesn't make a great story at this time, but I remain unconvinced that pair-bonding makes much sense these days. I do enjoy a well-organized set of mutual commitments, though.

Desurage
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Oct 2017, 4:21 pm

I'm 30/m in Northern IL. Spooked about meeting people, don't like being around them but I can put a conversation together when I get a mind too. I walk two hours a day having discussions with podcasters in my head, try to lose weight and failing despite tons of knowledge on the subject and psychology in general, and I'm writing both a philosophy book and a fantasy novel right now. I've practically solved the problem of how to deal with women in my head... but as for real life, well, that's quite difficult. Anything new, I don't like. Anime brings peace to my life and without it I don't think I would have the will to live. Osomatsu S2 ep 1 was a masterpiece.

Not even sure about posting this, but I thought I'd give it a shot to prove to myself I can try! Girls exist, and some of them might actually be nice people, you never know until you talk to them! I have to try to convince myself of that...

lostxprophit
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Apr 2018, 6:07 pm

Tristan
Male
Straight
British Columbia, Canada
Single & Looking
Transgender/Trap Friendly!

I'd like to first say that I am CHILDFREE, which means I DO NOT want kids in my life whatsoever and would like to find someone with the same mindset

I have a Disability (Minor Cognitive Delay), so my mind's a little slower in some aspects, but I'm still like any other person!

I like Reading, Cooking and Baking once in a blue moon, Video Games (3DS, Switch, Xbox One, and PC), Listening to Music, and I'm pretty into Tea and Coffee, and maybe some more things I'm probably forgetting

I'd like to get more into exercising, hiking and photography more as well

You're more than welcome to PM Me! & I'm a very open person, so don't be afraid to ask me or talk about anything to me!

Self Diagnosed

No longer Active on here; I have moved to AutisimForums/AspieCentral under the username Isadoorian

MaizeFlower
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Aug 2018, 11:11 pm

I'm a 23 year old girl who is very ambitious and creative. I draw a lot of surreal art, work in IT, and do some writing for a little bit of side income. I am very sociable and have a lot of personality, I just love talking to others. I am into Artificial Intelligence as well and have built a chatbot. I make a lot of pixel art and I just love artistic analysis so much. I would love to meet someone as passionate in the visual or written arts as I am. I am into science and academics as well, but I find myself really desiring creativity currently.

Some personality traits to describe me are: Eccentric, jealous, sassy, risk taker, creative, analytical, humorous, laid back, fun, intuitive, energetic

I love having fun and indulging in things like sex and good food. I am a very sexual person and into BDSM. This is a important aspect in my life (I'm into masochism, bimbofication, and petplay).

I love traveling and am looking for a new place to eventually move to. I love learning with others as well, I have always wanted to take an online course or just learn a new subject with someone I was dating. I just want to learn what is out there as far as people. I am monogamous and really want to find a mindmate.

c0r

17 Aug 2018, 12:13 pm

MaizeFlower wrote:
I'm a 23 year old girl who is very ambitious and creative. I draw a lot of surreal art, work in IT, and do some writing for a little bit of side income. I am very sociable and have a lot of personality, I just love talking to others. I am into Artificial Intelligence as well and have built a chatbot. I make a lot of pixel art and I just love artistic analysis so much. I would love to meet someone as passionate in the visual or written arts as I am. I am into science and academics as well, but I find myself really desiring creativity currently.

Some personality traits to describe me are: Eccentric, jealous, sassy, risk taker, creative, analytical, humorous, laid back, fun, intuitive, energetic

I love having fun and indulging in things like sex and good food. I am a very sexual person and into BDSM. This is a important aspect in my life (I'm into masochism, bimbofication, and petplay).

I love traveling and am looking for a new place to eventually move to. I love learning with others as well, I have always wanted to take an online course or just learn a new subject with someone I was dating. I just want to learn what is out there as far as people. I am monogamous and really want to find a mindmate.

I would use the word bimbofication if it didnt have this bdsm attached to it lol.

MissxVenomxPoison
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Aug 2018, 3:19 am

lostxprophit wrote:
Tristan
Male
Straight
British Columbia, Canada
Single & Looking
Transgender/Trap Friendly!

I'd like to first say that I am CHILDFREE, which means I DO NOT want kids in my life whatsoever and would like to find someone with the same mindset

I have a Disability (Minor Cognitive Delay), so my mind's a little slower in some aspects, but I'm still like any other person!

I like Reading, Cooking and Baking once in a blue moon, Video Games (3DS, Switch, Xbox One, and PC), Listening to Music, and I'm pretty into Tea and Coffee, and maybe some more things I'm probably forgetting

I'd like to get more into exercising, hiking and photography more as well

You're more than welcome to PM Me! & I'm a very open person, so don't be afraid to ask me or talk about anything to me!

Whereabouts in BC do you live

MissxVenomxPoison
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Sep 2018, 3:44 am

Basic Stats

Tazia Radford
26 years old
Saggitarius
Asperger's
From Vancouver, BC
Unemployed right now because losing weight is pretty much my full time job right now
Virgin much to my frustration
Live at home
Proud aunt to a 2 year old
Bisexual
Single and Looking

Interests and Fixations

Gothic subculture
Makeup
Drag Queens
Superheroes
Fashion
Wigs
Fantasy Stuff (unicorns, mermaids, fairies)
Horror Films
Rainbows
BDSM
Heels
Heavy Metal Music
Harry Potter
Criminal Case
Aliens
Sex
Death

Pet Peeves

Being asked lots of questions like "What are you doing?": I have some social anxeity, so I feel like a bug under a f*****g microscope when asked that so much
Small talk: I'm bored to death of just "Hi" "Hello" for f**k sakes
Trump supporters
People who tell women (and men) how to dress and act: I'm not a "proper" lady and I don't aspire to be one
Bigots

Goals

Losing weight (working on)
Get gall bladder surgery (I had gallstones in April)
Recover from surgery
Look for decent job after recovery
Try to find my own place
Lose virginity before 40 (I don't want to wait until marriage)

Preferences:

Taller than me
Lives in the Lower Mainland
Brash personality
Facial Hair

PM me if interested

Akigawa
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Sep 2018, 11:53 pm

I've posted here before but I figured it's about time to update because I feel I've changed a lot since then.
I'm Robert, I live in Tigard, Oregon, and I'm 26.
I like women, trans or not.
I have ASD/aspergers, ADHD, and issues with depression and anxiety.
My politics are in the middle because it seems that most political types seem to like manipulating people with aspergers and I don't really like that. Call me stubborn or whatever but I don't really trust anyone after my upbringing and general social history.
I make 3D art a lot.
Been animating a lot lately.
In fact, I've started making my own little series with some friends.
I'm going to school for web development at Epicodus in portland.
I'm looking for someone that also holds values towards skepticism and comedy.
I like bdsm and have a whole mess of kinks, which we can discuss in private.
I'm open to just chatting with anyone, but kinks are somewhat important to me in a relationship in particular.
I have a nintendo switch and a gaming-oriented PC. I hang out with a group of twitch streamers that keep me more or less grounded and make sure I don't withdraw too much from having a social life, and I've made a point to watch coolhole (a synctube sort of thing in that group) every night or so.

I use discord, steam, and skype.

Anyway, give me a PM if you're interested in getting to know me or seeing some stuff I made.Image

Mr.Robot
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2018, 8:57 am

And here I am on the Aspersion singles list :mrgreen:

My name is Frank, I am almost 33 years old, and was born and raised in Germany. Two years ago I moved to the beautiful state of Michigan to establish a life with my then-wife. This has, unfortunately, come to a cruel end, but I know that it was necessary.

I am on the high-functioning end of the spectrum (Asperger's) and suffer from severe anxiety, depression, ADHD (the inattentive type) and very likely (yet undiagnosed) bipolar 2.

I am currently a student at a community college and will very likely transfer to Wayne State University to major in Psychology.

I wouldn't necessarily say that I have hobbies, since I'd rather consider them intense special interests, but, ignoring the terminology, I love composing music, creative writing (short stories, movie scripts), reading (fiction and non-fiction), painting (acrylics, watercolors), drawing, mathematics, psychology, movies.

I don't really know whether I am looking for anything on here, but conversations are always welcome.

PurpleJillybeans
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Oct 2018, 1:07 pm

The odds of success are pretty low, but hey, anything's worth a shot!

My name is Jill. 33-year-old trans woman from Grand Haven, MI. She/her pronouns. Diagnosed with ASD-L1 and GAD. I'm a panromantic asexual, mainly interested in feminine-presenting people but somewhat flexible. I'm active in the local kink scene, though my specific interests are a bit obscure. Working as a newspaper carrier while studying to become a social worker. My work and school schedules usually have me sleeping through the day, waking up in the late afternoon, and staying up overnight.

I'm into reading, retro video games, road trips, naps, and cuddles. And, about that last one - I'm a massively touch-driven person. Touch is more than just my love language; it's the primary way I connect with people I care about, to the point that I feel uncomfortable around people I can't share it with. If you like the idea of having a partner who wants to cuddle with you non-stop, we should talk!

I also consider myself polyamorous. I feel like the idea of having one partner that satisfies your every need and desire is an unrealistic fantasy, and don't feel like people should be possessive of their partners. As far as I'm concerned, I want the people in my life to feel happy and fulfilled, and should feel free to satisfy whatever needs I can't, as long as they don't end up abandoning me completely.

I'm terrible at reaching out and starting conversations (like most of us here, I suspect), so don't hesitate to send me a note if something I wrote piques your interest. Tell me about the last new place you went! :heart:

Also, I'll edit this post if I'm no longer looking for someone, so if it's still here, I'm still available!

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2018, 2:53 pm

PurpleJillybeans wrote:
Also, I'll edit this post if I'm no longer looking for someone, so if it's still here, I'm still available!

Sadly, you can't. Posts can only be edited shortly after you make them (30 or 60 minutes I think?).

PurpleJillybeans
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Oct 2018, 3:18 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
PurpleJillybeans wrote:

Sadly, you can't. Posts can only be edited shortly after you make them (30 or 60 minutes I think?).

It looks like I can still edit it. Same with posts I made a few weeks ago.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2018, 4:34 pm

Weird.

I just checked, some of my posts I can still edit, some I cannot...

jamthis12
Toucan
Toucan

14 Oct 2018, 3:19 pm

Here goes. Alright so my name James and I'm 18 years old. I'm originally from Colorado, but I've lived in Arizona for 8 years. I'm a student at my local community college and I plan on pursuing a degree in computer science. I'm looking to get into a programming career, although I might also go for cyber security. I'm really into reading, mostly history and sci-fi, playing video games, messing around with and learning about computers, politics(I'm pretty left-wing, but I'm open to meeting people further right on the spectrum), and listening to music.

I have Asperger's and have been diagnosed for a few months at this point. Oh and I also have anxiety and depression too. I'm really looking for anything and I'm into women but open to transgender folks as well. I'm also big into touch. Not sure how I'd post a picture, but if I knew I'd post one.

Sean0000
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Oct 2018, 10:56 pm

Really serious about finding life partner.

So we can truly understand one another and not have simple quirks be judged.

Message me on here if you want, but id prefer Skype call Sean0000Talk just push self to contact and if feel awkward/anxious just hang up no problem..