Page 8 of 12 [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 7:42 pm

:lmao:

creativesoul
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Mar 2017, 12:42 am

I am still single​. 34, female, straight, Mediterranean/Tropical-looking, dark hair, dark eyes, medium fair complexion, 5'2, curvy and athletic body, university-educated, high IQ, overachiever type, writer. Looking for someone who is also intelligent and attractive, university-educated, in his 30s (or late 20s to early 40s) white and looking for a monogamous, committed relationship, even marriage if things go well. I am an old-fashioned girl. I am not looking to be just someone's girlfriend. I have high moral standards and try to live a virtuous life. I value class, good manners and honesty. Loyalty is also important to me. Somebody who also believes in God and is spiritual like me. Someone who is willing to exchange pics from the start.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 2:47 am

^ One of these days the world will catch on to how clever and talented we all are here on WP and will beat a path to our door. :D

There Are Four Lights!

SkyWatterson
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Mar 2017, 11:08 am

I'm a 19 year old dude looking for a possible soul mate, someone to spend my life with. I live in Texas. There honestly isn't much that I could do with my life, even if I want to.

I just want a girlfriend who will stand by me no matter what and trust that I generally know what I'm doing. I'm not asking to be worshipped or anything, just for someone to generally trust me.

I used to love reading and writing, but not so much anymore. My interests include politics, science, history, paleontology/astronomy.

I enjoy the simple things in life. Cooking, cuddling, binge-watching netflix and youtube. Especially horror-themed channels like tatstopsvideos, scaretheater, blameitonjorge. I also like to work out and occasionally play video games.

Lately I've become a sort of amateur artist and illustrator, and I would love someone to draw and color with me or tell me what they think of my drawings. Or cuddle with me while I draw and color.

I'm a non-religious person and I want someone who is also non-religious. I'm also never ever ever having children and I want to get a vasectomy eventually.

I would hope that my partner would become so involved in my life that they would almost become a part of my family. I love my amazing family and people in my life and I want them to be a part of them with me. Due to my disorders (bipolar 2 disorder, major depressive, ptsd and ocd traits) I will always need to live with my family and I won't be able to survive without them. But its not so bad at all, and I might as well have someone who moves in with me or at least eventually moves close enough to me.

I'm totally down for another long distance relationship, as long as we really are compatible and can work towards the future.

As a side note, almost all of my recent girlfriends are boyish, punkish women who are slightly older than me, especially with tattoos, glasses, disorders or family issues. I hope this doesn't sound fetishistic, this is just my history. I've never dated a fellow aspie before. Just neurotypicals.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2017, 8:28 am

Jacoby wrote:
Has anybody actually met somebody thru these threads?

I almost did, but I did a pretty good job of screwing that up =)

I don't know specifically about this thread, but I know people have met through this site, and some have married.

biostructure
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2017, 7:51 pm

I am a guy looking for an artsy, creative girl full of wonder about the universe, who is interested in a relationship filled with curiosity and sharing of imagination.

In case you care, I am in my early 30s, but I don't see my age as meaning anything.

I also want someone who is willing to share pictures early on, and hopefully talk over something like Skype where I get a sense of mannerisms. Communicating through text only is leaving out a huge part of what connection is about.

mattdj1985
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 May 2017, 4:40 pm

Height: 5'7" or 1.7 meters
Ethnicity: White
Weight: 133 lbs or 60.3 kgs
Orientation: Straight
Body Type: Slim/Fit

I've been single for about 2 years but I'm hoping to change that soon. My interests include traveling, history, music and photography. I eat healthy and I workout a lot... so I would hope to find someone similar in that aspect. Also would be nice to find a girl who is kind, smart, adventurous and ambitious.

"Plant your hope with good seeds,
Don't cover yourself with thistle and weeds"

andyfzr
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 May 2017, 3:36 pm

Hi, I'm Andy 50 years young and looking to meet a nice girl similar to me. I've been struggling with depression for the last few years mainly brought on by loneliness as I live on my own in the High Peak area of the UK. I'm not good at talking to people till I get to know them especially girls. I'm into all sorts of things and tend to get binges on hobbies then move on to something new. I'm fairly fit and like camping and hiking. I used to do a lot of rock climbing with living in the Peak District. I like cars and motorbikes and enjoy working on cars as I'm quite a keen mechanic. I have a part time job at a care home doing all the maintenance as I've worked in the building trade most of my life so this job is ideal for me. I enjoy binging on films and sci fi and playing around with computers. I think I need to meet someone similar to myself rather than the NTs that I've dated before and has always ended badly with them not understanding me. Even if its only chatting on here or IM, it would be nice to have someone to talk to, I'm just not very good at introducing myself to people due to my intense shyness around people which just seems to make me look ignorant when I'm out and about.

___toasty
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 May 2017, 1:15 am

I’m 27 years old, straight, white, female, 5’6, 140 lbs, and slim. I don’t smoke, either. I don’t have any tattoos because I have a phobia of needles, but that still didn’t prevent me from being pre-med in undergrad. I live near Seattle in Washington, so a long-distance relationship would be okay since almost everyone here is from a different place. I have a degree in cellular and molecular biology besides a degree in Spanish, and I’m in school again for another fancy piece of paper (it’s just a certificate this time). I dye my hair random colors when bored, drink too much coffee, sleep too little, stay up too late, act really silly, and laugh too much (maybe).

Interests: animals, science, books, movies, music, food, coffee

Serendipitous
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 May 2017, 6:25 pm

Hello, I am a 25 year old female. I'm looking for someone to get to know on a deeper level rather than just the shallow interactions of the real world. I love to chat about meaningful topics that are interesting. I can generally talk about anything and everything as long as the conversations are intelligent and interesting. I love humor too, and I enjoy laughing every day.

A few words to describe me -- highly intelligent, cute, funny, confident, interesting, open minded, and unique (been told that one by a friend in a good way).

Now that you know a few things that describe me, I would like if the person is similar to me in those aspects as well. Of course, no one is perfect, but I know that the concept "opposites attract" is a myth; it's the similarities in people that foster longer lasting bonds.

The reason why I'm interested in getting to know you more is because I have an interest in hearing about people's stories. I believe everyone has their own unique stories and experiences that they go through in their lifetime, and I'd like to hear about it and find a common ground. I'm non-judgemental and quite open minded to most things due to my upbringing myself. I'm not one to judge others quickly, but it doesn't mean I'm not opinionated myself. I'm a critical thinker and can hold my own in a conversation.

In conclusion, if you're intrigued by this post, think that we are compatible (even if it's just to be a friend), or is interested in sharing your life story with me, please send me a PM. If you do, please do let me know that you've read what I've wrote and I'd appreciate if you write a long PM rather than a short "hi" because those messages will get nowhere. As for a good conversation starter and question from me to you, let me know: What do you think makes for a long relationship and how do you go about maintaining it?

Thanks for reading my post, looking forward to reading your PMs.

JamiLynn
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jun 2017, 11:30 pm

Hi, my name is Jami! I'm a 28-year-old female who's been diagnosed with Asperger's when I was 11. I'm a quirky/goofy/silly kind of girl, but I'm also sweet and kind. I enjoy drawing/doodling, fine art, ceramics, symphonic/orchestral music, comics, some manga & anime, animals, comedy/humor (especially memes), knitting and crochet, and food! I also enjoyed my fair share of RPG games until I put my Nintendo systems down a while age. I have a bachelor's degree in fine art, and right now I'm pursuing a master's in library and information science to be a youth librarian - and boy, I've got a long way to go, but I'm determined to get that degree!

I'm looking for a really nice guy who likes me for my personality, and respects and shares my conservative values. I may be a little awkward and shy during our first conversations, but our relationship - and the number of laughs - will grow the more we open up and get to know each other. You can send me a PM any time! :D

ASNerd
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Jun 2017, 11:24 am

BaneBear wrote:
Why only south east? I live in the northeast part of the USA, New england. The boston area

Same. I live in RI but there's no northeast section.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 7:27 am

ASNerd wrote:
Same. I live in RI but there's no northeast section.

The split threads didn't really seem to catch on, maybe there was a NE one but it got buried? Most people still post in the old "Eligible Odd-Bods!" thread, or this one, or both.

Doesn't hurt to try your luck.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 6:42 am

A lot of girls my age here who can be friends with me, even though this isn't the forum for that!!

I thought I'd put my profile in this thread... guess I didn't.

SpreadsheetMaster
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Sep 2017, 1:11 pm

___toasty wrote:
I’m 27 years old, straight, white, female, 5’6, 140 lbs, and slim. I don’t smoke, either. I don’t have any tattoos because I have a phobia of needles, but that still didn’t prevent me from being pre-med in undergrad. I live near Seattle in Washington, so a long-distance relationship would be okay since almost everyone here is from a different place. I have a degree in cellular and molecular biology besides a degree in Spanish, and I’m in school again for another fancy piece of paper (it’s just a certificate this time). I dye my hair random colors when bored, drink too much coffee, sleep too little, stay up too late, act really silly, and laugh too much (maybe).

Interests: animals, science, books, movies, music, food, coffee

I'd totally be interested in you if I wasn't already taken, lol.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2017, 5:32 pm

Meh, I totally forgot about these kinds of threads.

To put myself back out:

I'm 37, male, and from the mid-west US.

My main interests include philosophy, spirituality, analyzing politics, making music, and practicing martial arts. For work I got my degree in accounting but found there weren't many opportunities for advancement, found out that I like programming more, so now I'm programming .Net and Angular (Javascript).

Some of the things that are important to me in a partner, and reciprocally finding a partner who'd be happy:

1) Someone whose okay with someone being a big music-head. I've been a dedicated drum n bass head for more than half my life now, I also have plenty of other electronic genres where I find what I like as well as classic hip hop and various rock/metal of the last 30 years. I also am a bit of a gear-head, ie. I do like my synthesizer modules and studio monitors.

2) Someone whose politically either slightly right of center, center, possibly slightly left of center, but any which way much more into thinking for herself rather than subscribing to dogmatism (ie. easy script). I tend to enjoy following what's going on in the world around me and while I'm not obsessed with talking about it I don't think I could relate to someone who's either dedicated 'right' or 'left' in such a manner that her skills for nuance are absorbed by tautology. Especially it would be great to be with someone whose even different from me in her thinking but loves constructive debate and engaging new ideas of one type or another.

3) Admittedly, when it comes to philosophy and religion, I'm something of an abstract pagan and I've probably spent far more time reading up on western religion, philosophy, etc. than most people would find healthy. I'm in a couple Hermetic orders, I'm enjoying what I read these days on chaos magic, I do practice ritual occasionally and would like to be with someone whose either at worst indifferent or at best interested herself in what that's all about. As far as what I 'believe' its more of a practice and experiment than a belief, and admittedly most of it is about self-influence and improving myself in ways that I'd have little basis or scaffolding for doing otherwise. I don't discount the idea that thought and intention can move the world, just that I'd really only want it to be thought and intention with integrity so I figure cleaning up my own room (yep - that's a Peterson-ism), my own house, and my own basement is a big part of all of that. Even for as non-dogmatic as much of that is you don't necessarily need to believe anything I do, just that if you think I either slept through science class and need a Dawkins intervention or believe I'm headed for eternal damnation - I might not be your catch.

With that last point and how I'd deal with parenting (ie. not having an institution to hand off), I do think that children are the world in 30 or 40 years, of every generation, and that adults have an obligation to instill in them as much integrity and as much critical-thinking capacity as possible. I feel like I need to give that caveat because a lot of people have a way of thinking that such things can only happen in the social structure of an organized religion, bible school, PSR, etc.. I'm not absolutely closed to a son or daughter doing that even if for nothing more than Western Civilization literacy (to that extent if you don't understand the bible it's tough to make sense of any of western history), but even outside of that there are a lot of similar structures and I do think good parenting can cover most of the bases.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin