Page 266 of 291 [ 4650 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 263, 264, 265, 266, 267, 268, 269 ... 291  Next

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 2:36 am

Okay, but what does that have to do with not being allowed to wear the same clothes in the same week?

You might be an Aspie if you paint your walls with stuff related to your obsessions, including ultra-specialized things like door closers (the obsession of one person here) or autopsy tables (an obsession I had) or walk-thru metal detectors used at airports or courthouses (another obsession I had). (I never painted my walls about those things tho... even I didn't go that far.)

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 6:31 am

Painting my walls with cat pictures would seem pretty ordinary, but maybe a bit childish for a woman of 52 years.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 6:32 am

You might be an Aspie if you have sexual fetishes around your special interests. Like God and spirituality, or antidepressant drugs.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 9:18 am

I don't have fetishes about my special interests, but I do think it would be nice if I could find a nice man to marry who has the attributes of somebody like Denis Istomin. It would be nice if he liked and accepted me as well.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 9:44 am

CharityGoodyGrace wrote:
Okay, but what does that have to do with not being allowed to wear the same clothes in the same week?

it gives you negative attention and I hated negative attention so instead of complaining, I just didn't do it anymore. I didn't want to be different so I was trying to narrow down the list and not stand out.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 9:50 am

But why would that give you negative attention? It'd just prove you might not be rich. And the others were poor anyway so why would they care? :)

I have an antidepressant fetish, yeah. And a bipolar fetish.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 10:50 am

CharityGoodyGrace wrote:
But why would that give you negative attention? It'd just prove you might not be rich. And the others were poor anyway so why would they care? :)

Are you an actual member of the human race? Did you actually grow up here on planet Earth?
Must not be, and must not have.

Just tell me this. Are you a space alien? Or are you a troll?

If you are space alien who honestly doesn't know then we Earthlings will happily explain it to you, but we wont waste the time if you're just trolling.

Last edited by naturalplastic on 16 Jul 2017, 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 10:55 am

CharityGoodyGrace wrote:
You might be an Aspie if you have sexual fetishes around your special interests. Like God and spirituality, or antidepressant drugs.

Madonna made kinky use of Catholic iconography in her videos. But I cant imagine how you would use pill popping as a "sexual fetish" in the same way. Unless that you mean that you are a conneiseur of sex under the effects of different drugs. That would make sense. Pot is supposed to go well with sex. .

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 10:20 pm

My NT son did that today. And I did this once in 5th grade but I knew what my bus driver meant but she kept telling me to sit down and with me being too nervous to just sit in a random seat because they were all full, I just sat in the aisle because she wouldn't tell a kid to scoot over to have me sit.
___________________________________________________________________________________

yeah sometimes i would rather stand up or sit on the floor of the bus instead of sit next to someone. but of course i am 34 years old and not in 5th grade. almost all the time, everyone on the bus is a stranger. but sometimes those strangers do things, that make me hesitate to go anywhere near them. that could be survival instinct. or judgment. but, in any event, there is no law that says that i have to sit down next to them. so whatever.

That happened with me so I stopped because it was getting me negative attention so I made sure to not wear the same outfit two days in a row. Then I learned I shouldn't wear the same outfit in the same week.

"should", "can", and "will" are all 3 different things. some precious lil "people" are so arrogant that they truly believe that anyone that does anything they do not like, is not justified for living.

a community college instructor said that when she worked as a social worker, a client correctly told her that her latest eight pairs of shoes did not overlap. eight different pairs. and she told them that they had nothing better to do than memorize her outfit.

in their defense, though. maybe they had nothing better to do than memorize your outfit.

:twisted:

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 3:09 am

I am pretty rubbish at following written instructions. Tried cooking a meal a few days ago, cut up some ingredients and it said 'mix in a saucepan', I thought that was oddly specific but hey ho, it's what it's telling me to do, so I put a saucepan on the kitchen worktop and start mixing stuff together. Wife walks in and laughs at me, mix in a saucepan means cook apparently, as in turn the heat up under the saucepan so it mixes together while heating.

Why didn't it say that??! ! :lol:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 4:29 pm

CharityGoodyGrace wrote:

I have an antidepressant fetish, yeah. And a bipolar fetish.

Have you not had kids be mean to you when you were little? Did they not make snide comments or any remarks about your hair or clothes or how you behaved, etc? Why do you think kids with disabilities are more targeted to bullying or kids who are poor or abused? Kids are mean creatures and adults couldn't careless so they don't say anything while kids do.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 4:47 pm

Biscuitman wrote:
I am pretty rubbish at following written instructions. Tried cooking a meal a few days ago, cut up some ingredients and it said 'mix in a saucepan', I thought that was oddly specific but hey ho, it's what it's telling me to do, so I put a saucepan on the kitchen worktop and start mixing stuff together. Wife walks in and laughs at me, mix in a saucepan means cook apparently, as in turn the heat up under the saucepan so it mixes together while heating.

Why didn't it say that??! ! :lol:

I'm sure there are departments in companies that actually deal with what is written in the instructions OTOH when you see some of the following it does make you wonder , these are actual label instructions on consumer goods.

Quote:

On Sears hair dryer:
Do not use while sleeping.

On a bag of Fritos:
You could be a winner! No purchase necessary. Details inside.

On a bar of Dial soap:
Directions: Use like regular soap.

On some Swanson frozen dinners:
Serving suggestions: Defrost.

Printed on the bottom of Tesco Tiramisu dessert:
Do not turn upside down.

On Marks and Spencer Bread Pudding:
Product will be hot after heating.

On packaging for a Rowenta iron:
Do not iron clothes on body.

If you want read more instructions go HERE

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 5:38 pm

On a gaming cartridge:
Do not immerse in water

On a pool toy:
Not a life saving device

On a pack of peanuts on an airline:
This package contains nuts

In my son's swing set instructions Manuel:
Do not go down slide on feet
Do not go down slide head first
Do not go down slide backwards
Feet must be facing forward when going down the slide
Butt must be on slide when going down
Do not swing on the swings on your feet
Do not climb up the slide
(I think all this was for liability because I did all these things when I was a kid)

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 8:55 pm

Have you not had kids be mean to you when you were little? Did they not make snide comments or any remarks about your hair or clothes or how you behaved, etc? Why do you think kids with disabilities are more targeted to bullying or kids who are poor or abused? Kids are mean creatures and adults couldn't careless so they don't say anything while kids do.
__________________________________________________________________________________

some kids are mean sometimes. some kids are nice sometimes.

some adults are mean sometimes. some adults are nice sometimes.

nobody is completely nice/mean/good/bad. even whether one particular action is nice/mean/good/bad is sometimes subject to interpretation.

adults bully adults too. adults bully children too.

quite frankly though i think that it has more to do with the :ninja: context, laws, and social standards :heart: than the age.

children k-12 have to go to school, until they are old enough to legally dropout. or until they graduate high school.

children are sequestered for the school day. they have to go to school. they do not choose which school. or which instructor. or which class. they do not choose their classmates. they have forced interaction with classmates.

adults, not so much. even when/if adults bully other adults, regular, prolonged interpersonal interaction does not have that many occassions for it to occur. adults bully other adults at work. (fine). but a lot of jobs just involve working in a cubicle without much interpersonal interaction. besides, adults have supervisors that make sure adults do their work. granted, sometimes supervisors bully employees.

but seriously though, i do not think. that adults bully adults less often than children bully children, b/c adults are chronologically older or more emotionally mature. and i think that if society treated children like little adults, children would bully other children less than children bully other children now.

KestrylR
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Aug 2017, 6:10 am

League_Girl wrote:
On a gaming cartridge:
Do not immerse in water

On a pool toy:
Not a life saving device

In the instructions for my new vacuum cleaner it specifically says not to use it to vacuum up gasoline.

Neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 162 of 200
Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 47 of 200
Very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 6:35 am

League_Girl wrote:

That at least is straightforward and definite. The ones I've seen state that they MAY contain nuts. There is doubt? What am I buying here, exactly?