Page 4 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

aspiesavant
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 4:56 am

zeldazonk wrote:
This sounds remarkably like what Aspies (particularly girls) do to "pass as normal".
Watch and copy.

Here, I don't think you can really say it's particularly girls. Male Aspies also "watch and copy" IF they care about fitting in... but only IF they care.

zeldazonk wrote:
I've done it all my life and I've been told that it's partly because Aspie girls often have identity issues and need to do this to fit in.

Here, I do believe the gender difference is real. While you can't generalize, it is my perception that male Aspies are less likely to care about not fitting in and less likely to suffer from identity issues when failing to fit in.

When a male Aspie feels disconnected from the rest of the world, he is more likely to blame the rest of the world (instead of himself) and develop a strong sense of identity in spite of it, it seems.

zeldazonk wrote:
However, I now believe I'm a "quiet borderline" so maybe it's to do with that. :?

That's not surprising. Identity issues often result in BPD traits during adolescence. So, with identity issues being pretty common in ASD women, it should be obvious that BDP traits are common in female adults with ASD.