The Bar. (L&D's own chatroom)

Page 44 of 88 [ 1404 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 88  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2016, 7:47 pm

Her name is Wilhelminia Fernandez, and the movie was "Diva," done in 1981.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2016, 7:48 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Her name is Wilhelminia Fernandez, and the movie was "Diva," done in 1981.
ah, I guessed that but was not sure. I have a CD of her singing. I heard she was quite a difficult person to get along with. a diva, IOW.

GeekChic
Toucan
Toucan

26 Jul 2016, 9:24 pm

Good evening, Gentlemen! What an interesting topic of conversation you have going here. I am afraid I will not be able to add much to a conversation about beautiful women, since I have never completely grasped the subject myself. I am supposing you may not want to compare the merits of male celebrities I find attractive, either. How do you feel about the roles of actresses? Does the charisma of the role have any bearing on the attractiveness of the female? I am thinking here about the Sigourney Weaver types and similar strong but serious roles. I was so excited to see you bring up Eartha Kitt, Kraftie. I have always admired her. Then again, I AM a big Batman fan. The Dark Night comic series version of batman....yowza. :heart:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2016, 9:31 pm

you are welcome to bring up the male celebs that turn you on :flower:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2016, 9:40 pm

Sigourney Weaver, in "Aliens," was one red hot tamale!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2016, 9:51 pm

when i first saw him in "hedwig and the angry inch" i was smitten with john cameron mitchell who was the most beautiful male i've ever seen in my life :o

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2016, 9:53 pm

I wonder what would happen if I ever got "smitten" by a male.

It hasn't happened to me yet.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2016, 9:56 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I wonder what would happen if I ever got "smitten" by a male. It hasn't happened to me yet.

you can be glad you're normal :star:
such beautiful refined features :star:

GeekChic
Toucan
Toucan

26 Jul 2016, 10:04 pm

Well, kraftie, I think I understand. I have seen women that I thought were very beautiful. It was not an attraction, per se, and not exactly longing to be more like them, but somehow a kind of admiration and recognition of their grace/beauty/charisma/what-have-you. I find it hard to describe. 'Not sure if that is what auntblabby speaks of.

I thought Jeff Goldblum was attractive when he was younger. He still has a way of moving and speaking with his hands that is sexy. I also think that Bruce Campbell has gotten very hot as he has aged! The role he played of Sam in Burn Notice was the whole reason I watched the show. I barely even watch TV at all, but that was worth it. :heart:
Also, perhaps oddly, I find Kevin Smith to be quite nice to look at. Charisma seems to be much more important that face/body style. (Thanks blabby) :D

GeekChic
Toucan
Toucan

26 Jul 2016, 10:09 pm

Oh, don't worry about 'normal' auntblabby! Actually, males and females and even other gender definitions share the biggest percentage of features in common! Take David Bowie, for instance (rest his 'soul') he was lovely and could look either more traditionally male or female depending upon the look he was going for at the time. I think we get too caught up in stereotypical norms of appearance. You can recognize beauty where you see it without feeling strange about it. The bar is safe, at least if I am in it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2016, 10:16 pm

GeekChic wrote:
Oh, don't worry about 'normal' auntblabby! Actually, males and females and even other gender definitions share the biggest percentage of features in common! Take David Bowie, for instance (rest his 'soul') he was lovely and could look either more traditionally male or female depending upon the look he was going for at the time. I think we get too caught up in stereotypical norms of appearance. You can recognize beauty where you see it without feeling strange about it. The bar is safe, at least if I am in it.

:flower: so what do you think about john Cameron Mitchell [in the pic]?

GeekChic
Toucan
Toucan

26 Jul 2016, 10:25 pm

Hmm. Well, I see the bright colors first which are being used to make specific organic shapes of the upper eyes and mouth. The artificial colors put me off a bit but, looking past those, I see a kind of chiseled face which looks like this Constantin Brancusi sculpture:Image
As you can see, the sculpture is just a head, idealized in the Greek manner, which is not obviously male or female but has characteristics of both. I would be interested to see a photo with the natural hair and skin colors too, just for comparison. Very Classical features, I would say.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2016, 10:27 pm

when i was younger i was envious of all the beautiful people i saw with such refined features. compared to them i felt like a lump of mottled clay. took me decades to realize god made me the way i am for a reason. :alien:

GeekChic
Toucan
Toucan

26 Jul 2016, 10:36 pm

Well, I never gave much thought to my appearance when I was younger, I just knew my peers called me ugly. (a 'dog' to be exact) I had a boyfriend in high school who was nearly four years older, and he was also a kind of social misfit. He always said I was beautiful. Now, I find that I do not attract men...but it may also be that there are very few single men in my age group, and they are often looking/hoping for someone younger. sigh. Still, I think beauty is something we experience as individuals. I do not always have an attraction to a person at first, but may develop one with repeated exposure. I just notice things at a slower rate and I need time to process them, plus, there is the point I made earlier about personality/charisma being as important, if not more so. If I had creative control (without surgery) I guess I might make some changes to my looks but, how would I know if what I wanted to change would be viewed as an improvement by others? If someone cannot find my looks acceptable, or even enjoyable, then they are just not someone whose (romantic) company I want to cultivate. That is how I look at it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2016, 11:18 pm

^^^that is an excellent attitude :star:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 12:01 am

You have an attractive, exuberant personality.....both of you.

I have admired good-looking men.....but to say I'm smitten would have been way overboard.

I can admire many different types of female bodies....some of which might seem grotesque to some. I have liked the gamut as far as female faces are concerned. But nothing masculine.

My aesthetic delight in females extends very wide.