The Bar. (L&D's own chatroom)

Page 74 of 88 [ 1404 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 88  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 6:14 pm

LOL....I went through a phase where I kept on listening to Jimi Hendrix songs. Then I watched a few documentaries on him. Then I'd watch a few interviews with him on shows such as "The Mike Douglas Show." Then I'd listen to the songs again. I couldn't get away from that LOL.

He's considered a hard-rock/acid-rock singer. But he was also a great blues singer, too. That's not mentioned too often.

His music is "listening-type" music, rather than "dance music."

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 6:18 pm

I enjoy seeing the reactions of people from early 1967 to Jimi Hendrix. To these people, his music was shocking in a good sense; they can't put their finger on why--until they reflect on it. They never heard stuff like that before.

GeekChic
Toucan
Toucan

18 Aug 2016, 6:21 pm

Indeed. Hendrix was a rock god. There is something comforting and satisfying about being on "repeat." I know it is an autistic cliche that we watch the same movie again and again, or engage in repetitive behaviors, but in so doing, I believe I get a level of familiarity and depth that I would otherwise miss. Besides, who doesn't want to be able to recite all the lines form "Young Frankenstein" or "Rocky Horror?" And how many people memorize poems anymore...or know all the lyrics to songs? (Me) :D

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 6:27 pm

Alas, I don't have that ability to remember too many things verbatim at once.

It's lovely that you possess that ability.

My younger nephew, Jon, possesses that ability. He has Aspergian traits, but is not diagnosed.

At one time, I was able to memorize the entire "To Be or Not to Be" soliloquy. I thought that was a big deal!

GeekChic
Toucan
Toucan

18 Aug 2016, 6:28 pm

That is a VERY big deal! Hamlet..very intense.

Pardon me, my sweet, but I must step away for about 20 minutes or so. Here, I have brought you a fresh drink, and a plate of warm cookies. I will be back shortly.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 6:29 pm

Don't be too long...

But I shall be waiting.

Thanks, especially, for the cookies!

GeekChic
Toucan
Toucan

18 Aug 2016, 7:01 pm

I have returned! Did I miss anything?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 7:03 pm

The Seagulls went home.

And the Stars have emerged.

I hope all is well.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 7:08 pm

Any requests?

GeekChic
Toucan
Toucan

18 Aug 2016, 7:10 pm

Well, we will miss the seagulls, but now the little crabs and bats and other night creatures will emerge! The stars look lovely tonight! Look, there is my constellation: Gemini. Which one are you?

Yes yes, all is well. How would you feel about some Tina Turner?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 7:12 pm

I'm a Capricorn.

You can never go wrong with Tina Turner!

She was great with Ike, too. Why did Ike have to treat her that way?

GeekChic
Toucan
Toucan

18 Aug 2016, 7:21 pm

I love Tina. It is a wonder. I have read some literature about the social science of abusive mates, but I cannot claim to grasp it. I find violence to be strange...
I like to appreciate the uniqueness of a mate, and treat that person with care and affection. I find it hard to imagine what leads a person to become that way.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 7:25 pm

In Ike's case, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't all that drinking and all that drug-taking.

For whatever reason, he just couldn't see the forest for the trees. He didn't know he had a good thing going.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 7:27 pm

Ike was a rock-n-roll pioneer---but he was flawed.

Perhaps soon, we can listen to songs like "Rocket 88," which was a sort of a prototypical rock-n-roll song. It was done by Ike and his group.

Those early rock-n-roll songs were quite sexually charged.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 18 Aug 2016, 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GeekChic
Toucan
Toucan

18 Aug 2016, 7:30 pm

Well, often, once the chase is over and a relationship settles into routine, one or both mates begin to lose interest. Once the paths deviate, resentment builds, and then it is possible for animosity to grow. It is a lot of work to keep nurturing and feeding the relationship day after day, year after year. You are not just reminding your mate about how you feel, you are reminding yourself...which is MUCH more vital!!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 7:33 pm

Sadly, I think that's true what you've said.

This shouldn't deter us from dancing to Tina, though!

Because this transcend all that. Transcends all the "reality" of the nature of most relationships.

After "What's Love Got to Do With it?" How would you feel about "River Deep, Mountain High?"