Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

dylan760
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jul 2014, 1:47 pm

Im going to be 18 in a couple of months and i feel like im going to be missing something. All my time in high school and In tafe i've never met someone compatible with me. As long as I can remember i've been rejected used and ignored, and when ever i see a girl i want to approach i over think things and coward out. Now that i am going to turn 18 that means im going to be considered as an adult and i feel im going to miss my chance at young love. I never go out house unless i want something (or i am forced to). I've never been kissed I never had a girlfriend and i feel like this is gonna go on forever (Im starting to think that i dont even know the basics of dating). I know I posted a question earlier about approaching girls but then I realised even if the answer is the best one I will still have the balls to do it. To be honest the type of girl im looking for is a girl who will play video games with me (even those are hard to find) and a girl who can understand me but i sure as hell know that girl doesnt exsist. I dont know What should I do, something tells me that I should just give up

beer1982
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Jul 2014, 2:04 pm

As Walt Disney did say "keep moving forward". I know it will get bether for you if you keep trying. When I was your age I did go trough the same stuff as you do now but I keept trying and learning. I am now 31 years and things has become bether but I am stil single, never had sex nor been kissed. But now I got 2 girl friends where one of them is single and I am trying not to scare her away. I was asked one data last year by another girl but she as to demanding to be with so I termenated it.

Some basic advice:
1: keep yourself fit and visit your gym at least twice a week. This would help you look good in the eyes of the girls and help you build op your selfsteam.
2: Keep your self clean. Takes showers etc.
3: Get a life/interest. Girls dont like boy's who just sits at home and play video games all day.
4: Get an educaton. or get a non-minium-wage job. This will help you attrack girls as well

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2014, 3:12 pm

18 isn't some magical expiry date on finding love.

If I continued to believe my own thoughts about sex/dating/relationships when I was 17 I'd still be miserable today.

This thread reminds me just how hopeless all of this seemed at that age. Not so much anymore. I'm 31, and while I haven't exactly had a long term relationship, I've most certainly had an enjoyable sex life - far beyond anything I could have ever fathomed I'd have experienced when I was 17. Also, I could be dating someone right now if I wanted to as I've had many opportunities and offers, but I'm not going to date someone I'm not truly interested in so I decline and am holding out either for my crush or for someone I'm equally compatible with.

Tough it out. Life gets better. Once you're doing it, you'll eventually look back and wonder how you ever could have thought you couldn't do it. It's like that with a lot of things in life.. this is just one of the bigger ones.

dylan760
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jul 2014, 3:46 am

beer1982 wrote:
1: keep yourself fit and visit your gym at least twice a week. This would help you look good in the eyes of the girls and help you build op your selfsteam.

the gym never works out for me

beer1982 wrote:
2: Keep your self clean. Takes showers etc.

i always keep myself clean i take showers every morning and every night.

beer1982 wrote:
3: Get a life/interest. Girls dont like boy's who just sits at home and play video games all day.

GAMING IS MY INTEREST, I LOVE VIDEO GAMES WITH A PASSION and nothing will ever replace it

also i know a few girls who love gaming just as much as i do (but they are not single)

beer1982 wrote:
4: Get an educaton. or get a non-minium-wage job. This will help you attrack girls as well

i am currently studying a diploma of interactive and digital games

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2014, 4:15 am

there's nothing wrong with playing video games, the problem is when playing games is all you do during the day.

also, i can tell you that there's no rush, pre-18 relationships are short-lived anyway.
i myself also didn't kiss untill i was 26 and, while i thought i missed it, i was in no rush so when it happened it was just 'right'.

going to the gym is also not a neseccity, many girls dont like guys that are too buffed-up.

the best way to find someone is to join a clubn of some kind, go to organized gaming events or join the local D&D group (if it exists), perhaps you want to play an instrument and join the orchestra.
if you are among people that share a hobby, connecting and finding someone is a lot easier, and you have at least 1 thing in common with each other.

dylan760
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jul 2014, 4:42 am

goldfish21 wrote:
18 isn't some magical expiry date on finding love.

If I continued to believe my own thoughts about sex/dating/relationships when I was 17 I'd still be miserable today.

This thread reminds me just how hopeless all of this seemed at that age. Not so much anymore. I'm 31, and while I haven't exactly had a long term relationship, I've most certainly had an enjoyable sex life - far beyond anything I could have ever fathomed I'd have experienced when I was 17. Also, I could be dating someone right now if I wanted to as I've had many opportunities and offers, but I'm not going to date someone I'm not truly interested in so I decline and am holding out either for my crush or for someone I'm equally compatible with.

Tough it out. Life gets better. Once you're doing it, you'll eventually look back and wonder how you ever could have thought you couldn't do it. It's like that with a lot of things in life.. this is just one of the bigger ones.

thanks for that

i always dreamed of having being in a high school relationship,but now that i have graduated that's impossible, so i keep going after the next best thing (a relationship at tafe but i don't know anyone yet), but maybe i am just thinking about it too much, i probably need to train myself to let go rather then keeping a stupid time limit

dylan760
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jul 2014, 4:45 am

izzeme wrote:
there's nothing wrong with playing video games, the problem is when playing games is all you do during the day.

also, i can tell you that there's no rush, pre-18 relationships are short-lived anyway.
i myself also didn't kiss untill i was 26 and, while i thought i missed it, i was in no rush so when it happened it was just 'right'.

going to the gym is also not a neseccity, many girls dont like guys that are too buffed-up.

the best way to find someone is to join a clubn of some kind, go to organized gaming events or join the local D&D group (if it exists), perhaps you want to play an instrument and join the orchestra.
if you are among people that share a hobby, connecting and finding someone is a lot easier, and you have at least 1 thing in common with each other.

hmm i might join a gaming or an anime club i guess thats a good way to start

thanks

ypi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jul 2014, 5:17 am

I've been to pretty much the same thing. You need to keep on going strong and not give up. I'm 21 and still haven't dated anyone. This is completely normal as it's not that easy to find someone compatible.
Try to be a bit more active: this helped me a lot. Try going somewhere where you could possibly meet people, like a club with an interest (like it was said, the anime club). For me, going out worked as I really like to dance. It may or may not work for you. Feel good with yourself doing what you like, be it exercising or studying or anything you like. Confidence is great.
I can't say much more as I lack the experience, but I can tell you that you'll probably meet some people on the way and not all of them are going to stay with you forever, so don't put all your expectations on one person only, as no one could fill the all the expectations of anyone.

Good luck on our journey :D

dylan760
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Jul 2014, 9:17 am

ypi wrote:
I've been to pretty much the same thing. You need to keep on going strong and not give up. I'm 21 and still haven't dated anyone. This is completely normal as it's not that easy to find someone compatible.
Try to be a bit more active: this helped me a lot. Try going somewhere where you could possibly meet people, like a club with an interest (like it was said, the anime club). For me, going out worked as I really like to dance. It may or may not work for you. Feel good with yourself doing what you like, be it exercising or studying or anything you like. Confidence is great.
I can't say much more as I lack the experience, but I can tell you that you'll probably meet some people on the way and not all of them are going to stay with you forever, so don't put all your expectations on one person only, as no one could fill the all the expectations of anyone.

Good luck on our journey :D

thanks, it will be a little hard since im basically anti social but ill try