Still working on RPG, possibly looking for help

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Dennis
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jul 2014, 9:50 am

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt224823.html

This was my previous topic. I have some more ideas now and my concept of the game is more concrete. I'm still a pretty long way from completing it though. Was wondering if anyone out there had any experience with designing for RPG Maker XP or the like, or more generalized experience. I'm not an expert on coding but I think I need to learn that myself, however, making sprites is kind of difficult and I don't really see myself bothering with learning how to make music if I wanted some different tracks for the game. Plus if I had some assistance I could have an actual credits page. Only issue is that with the current state of the game I dunno if I could ever offer any financial compensation.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2014, 4:49 pm

I haven't used XP, but I've used RPG Maker 95 and 2000 and they were very easy to learn. You don't really have to learn any programming (though I think some of the newer versions might support scripting languages), everything is just setting up options in the program.

As far as art/music goes, I know back when I was big into RPGM95, there were tons of free resources out there, for tiles and stuff...I also "stole" stuff from SNES games, and used a lot of MIDIs of songs from Squaresoft games. Not the best idea, but my games were mostly parody, so I didn't really care.

Dennis
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jul 2014, 9:55 am

That's good to know. I want this particular game to be serious/hopefully for profit so I am not very interested in cribbing things from licensed games myself.

JaryT
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jul 2014, 4:27 am

Well. I am horrible at art. Know nothing about coding. And am tone deaf.
But I love RPG's. And I am an (unpublished) author. If you need any writing or editing done, or even a beta-tester, I have pretty much nothing else to do. And don't care if I get paid.

Duckbat
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Jul 2014, 4:12 pm

I can code a game but I can't make art or anything else really :P , can you post some sprites you have made? Also if it's going to be anime related then I'm not interested.

Dennis
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jul 2014, 12:09 am

This is just a modified version of a character sprite with the game. I don't usually modify images to make them simpler, heh.

Jary, I'll definitely stay in contact with you. I'll message you after I post this.

Dennis
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Aug 2014, 8:50 pm

I would still be interested in help. Haven't heard back from the people who replied here. Would people like to hear more details about the game?

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2014, 5:05 pm

Dennis wrote:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt224823.html

This was my previous topic. I have some more ideas now and my concept of the game is more concrete. I'm still a pretty long way from completing it though. Was wondering if anyone out there had any experience with designing for RPG Maker XP or the like, or more generalized experience. I'm not an expert on coding but I think I need to learn that myself, however, making sprites is kind of difficult and I don't really see myself bothering with learning how to make music if I wanted some different tracks for the game. Plus if I had some assistance I could have an actual credits page. Only issue is that with the current state of the game I dunno if I could ever offer any financial compensation.

I am experienced with many RPGM Engines, including RPGM XP. I also have special tools designed to make working with RPGM XP even easier. I'm an experienced eventer that is a decent scripter.
I'm willing to help.

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2014, 5:06 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
As far as art/music goes, I know back when I was big into RPGM95, there were tons of free resources out there, for tiles and stuff...I also "stole" stuff from SNES games, and used a lot of MIDIs of songs from Squaresoft games. Not the best idea, but my games were mostly parody, so I didn't really care.

Very hard to find the old RPGM resources. There was a ton of it, but a lot of the download links are broken. That being said, I have a massive archive of resources. Many of the games are also now hard to find.

Dennis
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Dec 2017, 3:11 am

I'm still working on this. I've gone far too slowly but it's tough on my own to get going and stay motivated.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2017, 5:20 am

If you're in need of a composer to make some original music, I'd be happy to lend a hand.

Dennis
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Dec 2017, 1:50 am

I actually have a composer already, that's the only person I have helping so far. But thank you for the offer.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2017, 6:43 am

Ah, alright. No worries.