Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2014, 6:06 pm

Basso53 wrote:
zer0netgain wrote:
A very bad idea if you don't like sales.

You WILL NOT find a job unless you can do everything a lawyer is expected to do. It's not about reading and writing and researching. Don't expect someone to hire you if you can't hustle to get new clients and generate billable hours.

If you have the money to get the education for the sake of education, that's fine, but don't go into debt for it.

It also can be a mill stone about your neck for getting any NON-LAW job.

There are plenty of opportunities in the US for lawyers to work in the public sector. It can even be a career path.

Um....no.

Tons of unemployed and underemployed JD graduates in the USA. It's an abysmal market right now...has been for years. :(

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2018, 6:01 pm

My parents always said I should be a lawyer when I grew up because I was so good at arguing. According to my dad, I could "argue with a dead man". Whenever someone was slighted somehow, I was always like, "We should sue them!" or "I want to sue!"

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2018, 6:54 pm

No. I'd like the money, but I'm no good at arguing back and forth, and the dry texts would be impossible for me to study.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

18 Feb 2018, 8:24 am

MagicMeerkat wrote:
My parents always said I should be a lawyer when I grew up because I was so good at arguing. According to my dad, I could "argue with a dead man". Whenever someone was slighted somehow, I was always like, "We should sue them!" or "I want to sue!"
My mom often said I should be a lawyer because I liked to argue. I kind of s#cked at it sometimes thou & have disabilities that would really limit me with law including dyslexia, anxiety about public speaking & shuddering when I talk sometimes due to a tremor disorder that can affect my voice. I do sometimes find TV shows about lawyers interesting but I know I could never do that & don't really have a desire to. As for the arguing thing... My mom never understood my many disabilities, issues & Aspie quirks & was pretty critical of things. I felt I had to argue with her in order to have my needs met & have any kind of support & slack. I never liked arguing & it tended to ended up with me having a meltdown because I was not being listened to.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition