Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2014, 1:44 pm

I'm on the raw diet right now. Mainly to fix my brain fog and depression.

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2014, 9:01 pm

I'm very much interested in raw diet. What are you mostly eating right now?

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2014, 9:14 pm

For breakfast or a snack I usually have a banana. I also eat a lot of nuts for protein.

wavecannon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Jul 2014, 6:23 pm

I'd really watch yourself when going into raw food. The amount of fraudsters with fake degrees, bungled experiments and lies for slogans is staggering. While you practically can't have enough fresh fruit & veg and I'm a big fan of veganism, quitting cooked foods has its risks. It's shown to be very difficult to get some required minerals in, tooth erosion is exaggerated, bone density is lost, chances of food poisoning and contamination are increased, and nausea due to surplus fibre is widespread. Please talk to a professional if you haven't already and as for internet claims on the diet's benefits, read their research paper sources if any or don't accept them at all.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2014, 2:48 pm

yeah I heard some negative stuff about the raw diet too, although I usually fall into it naturally in the summer when there's a lot of fresh fruit around. apparently doctors consider it a form of eating disorder.

do you have any legit science that says it's not bad for you? I'd love to hear some positives as I feel a bit sh***y about it at the moment ;/

wavecannon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Jul 2014, 4:56 pm

anna-banana wrote:
yeah I heard some negative stuff about the raw diet too, although I usually fall into it naturally in the summer when there's a lot of fresh fruit around. apparently doctors consider it a form of eating disorder.

do you have any legit science that says it's not bad for you? I'd love to hear some positives as I feel a bit sh***y about it at the moment ;/

Of course the aspects to it that'll make you struggle can't be cancelled out, but at least you're avoiding the cack that passes as food in fast food outlets and so on, and that it's a good diet for weight loss if that's your thing.

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2014, 12:57 am

I wish I could just live on vegetables and fruits. No animal products or processed oil. It sounds so clean. Maybe I'll try it for a week.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2014, 5:39 am

I have heard any food cooked in oil is bad (basically most food). So that could be one reason for being on the raw diet. But what else is the benefit of the raw diet?

I tend to have much more raw food than other people do because I'm too lazy to cook. I mostly eat fresh fruits and veggies. However, eating raw food only all the time sometimes makes me kind of nauseous (not food poisoning). It seems to come from the intense taste of some raw food not going away from my stomach and/or mouth (parsley, onion, garlic, capsicum, apple etc). Then I crave cooked food.