Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

StarCity
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2014, 4:03 pm

I found this video clip useful, as you may.
It is about the differences between "being in love" with another person & having a 'crush' on them.

Here is the video link: [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAmrFUl12LI[/youtube]

It isn't natural for me, but it enables me to "fit in".
It is VERY tiring and draining, but at least we can appear like them even though it is an act. Like being on the stage.
They can't see it is emulation, and so we are accepted.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2014, 4:08 pm

OK.

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2014, 6:51 pm

I always use the following criteria for myself, to differentiate the two: If it came down to it, would I be willing to sacrifice my personal health, happiness, or well-being for the benefit of said person? There's the kidney analogy too - would I donate my kidney if I knew it would save their life?

Maybe it's not the best criteria, but in my experience it works just because you will typically be unwilling to make any serious sacrifices for someone you just have a crush on, while for someone you love you would be unwilling not to if the situation called for it.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2014, 7:05 pm

I've found that video very informative.