Page 4 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2016, 10:27 pm

Quote:
I have decided that my wife enjoys the free rent too much to really make an effort to move out

Sure sounds like it. Plus, she doesn't have to worry about child care, child support, or visitation/custody arrangements.

Don't be surprised if you find out she does have a boyfriend, though.

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2016, 2:06 pm

My wife is wonderful and NT.
It was her checking out library books that led me to a counselor and diagnosis.
We choose to work through our stuff.
What doesn't kill us is fodder for a future play, movie or workshop we will do together.

Me
Still too old to know it all

Eclipse247
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Sep 2016, 8:53 am

Divorced, followed by 2 failed/failing relationships. I will stay single or find an Aspie when this one crashes. It's the NT relatives that are the problem I find.

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2016, 12:56 pm

Great today with my wonderful NT wife.

I'm not freaking out with her medical issues as I used to.

Her words
It's nice to be in a peaceful home.

pinktheta
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Oct 2016, 5:30 pm

Hello. I am an Aspie woman married to a great NT guy for 18 years. We have a beautiful daughter, 17---typical, very bright teenager.
--Our marriage is quite wonderful---we make an effort to give each other a lot of space to just be. Lots of laughing, hugging, and of course the occasionally argument that makes us both miserable. We are quick to make up.
--Before my 18 year marriage, I had a starter marriage!---It lasted all of 10 days!---I knew I had made a stupid mistake and did not prolong the mistake by staying.

I have been recently diagnosed (June 2016) ---my husband was the first person in my life who saw my struggles and supported me while I found my answers. Indeed, the doctor who diagnosed me, said that without my husband I probably would have never been diagnosed.

Cheers.

peterd
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2016, 2:48 am

My marriage died. After seventeen years, and nearly a decade before I was diagnosed. The mother of my children put a knife in my back, then got pregnant by and married a bloke she met in a detox centre who eventually died of brain cancer.
Our children are doing well though.
My present relationship is more than twenty years old now. When it was young, the autism diagnosis rescued it from an early end, and we are still learning about being, and getting along with, an autistic. Kindness is something I couldn't relate to before diagnosis.

Lucywlf
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Dec 2016, 9:28 pm

Been married 19 years and with the same man for 29 years. I'm Aspie; he's normal. We're best friends. I love him more than anyone else in the world.

He has stage four cancer now and I'm taking care of him. I want him well. I want him healthy again. I want to stop being terrified of everything all the time and just have the love of my life.