Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2014, 10:21 pm

I can't really stop or notice it most of the time.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2014, 3:43 am

In public? - only as a mishap, when in distress.
In private? Yes. And I´ve noticed, that I´m always swaying, shifting leg or bouncing against something, when I stand..
Actually, I do something repetitive a lot of my time, - probably as a de-stressor.

I may have done so earlier too. I remember my mom saying: "Stop that" "You make me sea sick".

After I gave in to it, I find myself having less static tensions, - so it is a healthy thing to do :D

Permanence
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Aug 2014, 7:03 am

I do a lot of rocking. I've managed to curb it though while at work through subtle foot tapping but a couple of people have picked up on rocking when I'm stressed out. I do the twisty thing when standing but more commonly I sway side to side by shifting my weight from foot to foot.

eggheadjr
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2014, 8:25 am

skibum wrote:
Eloa wrote:
I do rock back and forward when sitting but when standing I rock with upper body side to side.
Me too

Me three - unless I'm in a swivel chair and then I swivel from side to side. :D

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2014, 4:47 am

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
I tend to do it when I'm bored or nervous. Of course, give me a chair that rocks and I can almost guarantee that I'll be rocking in it, unless it's a recliner in which case I'd be more likely to put my feet up. It's a shame they don't really make chairs that rock and recline at the same time, I'd love that.

They do make chairs like that.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2014, 1:47 pm

I used to own one but it broke, which is probably why not too many of 'em are around.

Elysia
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Aug 2015, 12:06 pm

I do this and have done for a long time! I usually do it when I'm stressed, anxious or just trying to relax myself.

ColumbiaMizora
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Aug 2015, 2:37 pm

I rock back and forth when I am using the computer at school in the school library while I am listening to music. I also rock back and forth during movies in movie theaters with rocking seats. I went to a theater with reclining seats and really liked those seats, but that reduced my rocking.