Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2014, 7:25 am

My office has a gym so after work at 4:00 I do a cardio workout.

The thing is though is what am I supposed to do about the food and water that I burn/sweat at the gym? What's the point of drinking and eating during the day if I am just going to sweat it all of in a bike machine?

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2014, 7:52 am

Your body needs water, minerals, salt and glycogen. You sweat out water and salt. Your body needs both.Your muscles use up the glucogen.
I´d suggest, that you do like the professional bikers: Bring a bottle of water with a pinch of salt and a pinch of sugar.
Have some fruit ready for afterwards.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2014, 8:38 am

You actually does lose much "good" nutrients when you work out. They are automatically digested, and distributed throughout your body. They don't, for the most part, seep out of our body while you're working out.

Don't forget: before the advent of agriculture, people were always in at least a low-level "exercise" state, except when the sun began to come down. Then people would sit around a fire, and tell stories--"down time," if you will.

One MUST exercise in this age of the Sedentary. The most "hunting" most of us do for our food occurs in the trip from the couch to the fridge.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2014, 7:50 pm

Jamesy wrote:
My office has a gym so after work at 4:00 I do a cardio workout.

The thing is though is what am I supposed to do about the food and water that I burn/sweat at the gym? What's the point of drinking and eating during the day if I am just going to sweat it all of in a bike machine?

I am not so sure I get your question at all....I mean if you don't eat and drink then you would not have energy to go to work let alone do a cardio work out in the gym after. In fact you would eventually starve and dehydrate to death.....I mean if you really don't want to sweat or burn any of the calories/fat you ingest or whatever throughout the day then quite simply stop working out, don't exert yourself in any way whatsoever where possible and you wont burn it off I guess, but that is unhealthy. I think it is supposed to work that way....you eat and drink throughout the day to sustain yourself and so you can do things like work out after work not so it can just build up in the form of fat in your body and never be burnt off.

Also though its not like all the water and food you ingest seeps out in your sweat, your body absorbs most everything....sweat just helps the body cool off and can get rid of extra moisture i imagine.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2014, 2:47 am

Try and eat very little- and observe how your body slows down, how you´ll have to work less.
It feels like a machine getting slower and slower.
Food is fuel. The better quality of fuel, the better the body runs.