Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2014, 7:51 pm

show in shows like Walking Dead, Revolution and movies like World War Z and 2012...

why is it you never see anyone on the spectrum? surely we are capable of surviving. i'd like to think i would.
so what do you think? would anyone on the spectrum survive in those media worlds?

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#DemandCartoonDiversity

dindon
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Aug 2014, 8:22 pm

I would :P

Roobot
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Aug 2014, 11:11 pm

Eugene from the walking dead could easily be aspie.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugene_Porter

LocksAndLiqueur
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Aug 2014, 12:20 am

At work, people actually used to joke that if there was ever a zombie apocalypse, they wanted to be with me. I say "used to" because as of this week I'm no longer employed (I had a seasonal job picking berries and blueberry season is now over). I always thought the two main factors that contrubuted to that were my pteparedness and the fact that my work clothes have a distinctly military apearance (because they're the BDUs and load bearing gear I've deemed expendable either because it's been thrashed or is outdated. I also started wearing an olive drab motley wrap to cover my face when our supervisor started wearing his desert camo headwrap, which signaled to me that we were allowed to do things like that to look cool).

The other factor was that I was the best equipped person in the field. In my left cargo pocket I carried an army surplus personal first aid kit with (in addition to the original contents) four gel capsules filled with ground kava root to self-medicate for anviety and a P-38 can opener (like the ones we used in Vietnam) and a shemagh. In my left front pocket I had my leatherman, in my right front pocket I had a roll of woodland camo duct tape that I'd sanded down just a bit so that it wasn't shiny and a cheap Wartech brand pocket knife, in my wight cargo pocket I gad a one quart canteen, in my left back pocket I carried my motley wrap when I wasn't wearing it and in my right back pocket was my wallet. In addition to this, I brought an OD duffle bag to work containing my lunch, romeos (I removed my boots before entering the building where we stored our equipment so I wouldn't track anything in) and a small can of WD-40. I brought my Ka-Bar to work a couple times, but I stopped because I figured someone would eventually do something stupid like report my for bringing a weapon to work even though A: it's a useful tool and B: There are so many pieces of equipment on any worksite I've been on that could be used to kill someone that bringing anything short of a grenade launcher to work wouldn't make someone any more capable of killing someone than they already would be. Have you ever seen an idiot try to hit targets with a nail gun or drive a moving van recklessly? It's way more dangerous than almost any concievable knife-related accident.

The TL;DR version is that most people seem to believe that I'd be better suited to surviving something like that than them.

Sigbold
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2014, 8:04 am

Roobot wrote:
Eugene from the walking dead could easily be aspie.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugene_Porter

Lol, only recently started to read the comics. Already thought there was something not right about him with his claims. :lol:

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2014, 1:12 pm

The truth about zombies is that they use powerfull neurotoxins from snakes and snails and poisonous fish.just enough to cause memories loss and physical weakness but not enough to kill.
Then someone has a person who has no past memories or the knowledge that being kept as a slave is illegal or that there family and police are looking for them.

Voodoo doctors don't actually dig up graves and revive the fully dead and make them slaves.it not dissimilar to doctors who medicaly induce a coma for medical reasons and then bring them back out.except that its black market using natural non Precribed drugs that cause permanent memories loss and brain damage

rileyup

19 Aug 2014, 6:40 pm

Of course we would survive! Because everyone knows zombies are fake!

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2014, 3:37 am

rileyup wrote:
Of course we would survive! Because everyone knows zombies are fake!
there are supposed zombies in Haiti but likely never died just put into a functional coma by drug toxins from poisonous fish