Stomach Cramps From Eating Boiled Eggs?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Borden88
Raven
Raven

21 Aug 2014, 2:27 am

I find that, whenever I have biolled eggs, I get stomach cramps, the kind that you goto the bathroom, about 4 hours later.
I had some a couple weeks ago, twice it happened.
I was reminded about it tonight, I had 4 boilled eggs. I tried eating two or one, but I still get upset stomach, but I don't with firend or scrambled eggs.

Does anyone else have this problem?

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2014, 7:01 am

I've never heard of anything like that but maybe you have intolerance for some protein or something in the egg. The boiling temperature is probably not high enough to break it. It's just my guess. How about a raw egg? Does it upset your stomach?

CosmicRuss
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2014, 7:56 am

Make sure you wash your hands after handling eggs because salmonella lives on the outside of the shell. Boiling would kill it but you could still have some bacteria on your unwashed hands.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

21 Aug 2014, 1:29 pm

I never liked the taste so I didn't have eggs often but I had those cramps every time & they were prepared different ways. I have no problem with food containing eggs thou but eating eggs by themselves or just on something or in it instead of being mixed & cooked in causes me cramps. Eggs make my mom go to the bathroom later but like me she's fine eating food with em mixed & cooked in.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition