Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

LocksAndLiqueur
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Aug 2014, 7:42 pm

Normally, I'd ask Trevor this kind of question (his special interest is American Air Force and Navy operations), but I won't have a chance to speak with him again for weeks and will probably have forgotten about this by then.

So, according the US Air Force website, the three most common weapons used with General Atomics MQ-9 Predator drones are the AGM-114 Hellfire missile, GBU-12 Paveway II laser guided bomb and GBU-38 JDAM (Joint Direct Attack Munition). I was able to gain a basic understanding of how each of these weapons functioned and the roles they're used for by looking them up on wikipedia, but I had hoped to find the blast force quantified in a way that's easy to visualize (For example, if they said it would penetrate X ammount of reenforced concrete under specific conditions or leave a crater with a depth of X and diamiter of Y in packed dirt).

Could someone help me find this information (ideally from a government issued field manual or technical manual)? Thanks in andvance for any help offered.