Page 3 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Personfella
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Sep 2014, 9:55 pm

I think risperidone has been beneficial for me.

LokiofSassgard
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2014, 10:53 pm

I've never been on it. I haven't really heard much about it until recently. I take abilify to help with my mood swings, which are more like depressive tendencies and such. I don't think I'd take anything that strong with such high side effects either. My abilify has really made my life a whole lot better, and I'm glad I started taking it.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2014, 2:58 pm

I was on Risperdone for a year and a half because my doctor thought I was bipolar. A psychiatrist came along and said I'm clinically depressed, not bipolar. I'm on Prozac now after being tried on Wellbutrin, Effexor and Celexa.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2014, 10:53 pm

redrobin62 wrote:
I was on Risperdone for a year and a half because my doctor thought I was bipolar. A psychiatrist came along and said I'm clinically depressed, not bipolar. I'm on Prozac now after being tried on Wellbutrin, Effexor and Celexa.

I'm surprised a doctor could mistake one for the other. Is clinical depression continuous or intermittent?

Paweł
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Feb 2018, 10:24 am

Hello everyone! Sorry for "reviving" such an old topic - I know it can be rather inappropriate, but let the people have their say.

So... a decade ago a doctor prescribed me risperidone... I started taking it and felt much better in every way. It was Italian, but now manufacturers (as everywhere in Russia) tend to fake it, and its new rendition make me depressed and even causes tachycardia. I don't take it now.

There's another thing that I will mention... my district psychiatrist has changed recently and the new one wanted me to participate in a research - they will give me a new drug called Pimavanserin (brand name Nuplazid) during a several months. He told me it's used widely in the world and vital in curing neurological disorder that I have (according to his words). Yet I haven't found much information about it or its price in Internet, has anyone tried it?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2018, 8:12 pm

I've been on Risperidone for 20 years. The most well known side effect is weight gain.

Rukkus
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Feb 2018, 12:09 pm

I am on risperidone. I does help with unstable emotions, but if I am in the middle of an obsessional throught it usually will not break it. It can be harder to socialize while on it as it takes away some of the desire to socialize. Its good for when I am alone though.

savavdpeas
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Feb 2018, 2:43 pm

I was on Risperidone for almost two years back in 2007-2009. I started taking it in June of 2007, and switched to a different med (Abilify) in April of 2009. I felt better, and I think my behavior was better on it. I've only been on four different antipsychotics over the last 10-11 years. I've been on Risperdal, Abilify, Zyprexa, and Invega. I'm currently taking Zyprexa Zydis 30 mg and Invega 3 mg.

magnum233
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Feb 2018, 4:25 am

Im really pleased to of discovered this thread. Ive not talked much about the years i was on Resperdal and what it did to me the lasting effects and how at the age of 38 im finally learning ways to reverse some of the damage.

When i was 19 i had a bad acid trip, my first and only time ever i dropped two tabs i think and smoked alot of joints following. I'll spare the details and after math. At that time in my life i had few friends who cared about me and was surrounded by drugs and drink. I ended up developing borderline skitzo or so the doc said and put me on resperdal. I was on that terrible drug for all of my 20's and part of my 30's. Most of my 20's is blurred memory's with clear bits here and there. The majority of the time i had little energy and felt whacked out like constantly stoned. I did manage to complete study with much effort and cost. I put on weight at ever increasing speed and by the time i decided in my early 30's if i didn't quit taking it i wasn't gonna see my 40's. I had developed the infamous male tits and minor motor problems medication induced dyskinesia. I had to go cold turkey thankfully i had been reducing my dose to get off it but it was taking too long. Almost immediately i saw rapid weight lose due to built up fluid. The dyskinesia thankfully went away after some months. The next 7 years of my life became an obsession in exercise and learning at a scientific lvl about additives chemicals and colors in foods as well as an ongoing interest in applying spices and herbs in medicinal ways minerals too.

When i begun getting my life and health back i was guzzling coke like it was water energy drinks all that bad crap pies tons of bread etc. Throughout the years i gradually stopped all of it, i rarely buy supermarket bread now if anything i bake it mostly cause the stuff in shops is full of sugar not to mention crap like soy which yes is bad when eaten in excess especially for men. I only drink coke if im offered i never buy it at all today. When i first came off resperdal i was around 120kg now im under 90 ive been close to 80 before which is lite for me. Im 5"9. Anyway that drug did me far more harm than good, and yeah ive read about all the law suits its actually banned in some countries now. I'd like to offer some of the things ive learnt that help in this thread in a list which i'll create below. Do use any of it that looks interesting carefully because everyone has different bodies. Some of its just good common sense.

Activated Charcoal - neutralizes poison
Virgin olive oil - rub on male breast tissue to make them reduce. Must be cold pressed.
Borax - improves arthritic conditions use in tiny amounts a small pinch in drink is enough
Carob powder - has large amounts of magnesium with alot of calcium as a bonus, zero caffeine
Turmeric - great source of non-heme iron. Heals cuts much faster if rubbed on them.
Chilli powder - great source of vitamin A and Vitamin C. Awesome if rubbed on skin. Avoid getting in eyes.
Potatoes - Dont eat unless organic certified they'll be full of pesticides. See the dirty dozen list.
Black pepper - improves the absorption of minerals and compounds, great if had combined in hot drinks
Baking soda, if used to brush your teeth they'll thank you. Use care with gums as its abrasive.
Black tea - dont like fluoride? stop drinking it.
Coffee - it can be improved by adding a little baking soda to lower the acid. Alkalinity.
Sugar - instead of having sweetness in hot drinks eat it in a biscuit or piece of cake whilst drinking your drink.

Another major thing i started doing was filtering water, this was out of necessity because the local water supplies started having chlorine added. Anyone who's done much reading on chlorine will know about the toxic byproducts produced in local water supplies from chlorine. Not to mention all of the rubbish in the water normally heavy metals etc. I'll explain how to easily filter water at home fairly economically.

Requirements

3 liter juice bottle with screw cap
3 coffee filter papers - faggs brand works well
Activated charcoal, can buy in good quantity's online
One large funnel
Baking soda or something to sterilize the juice bottle
A glass pyrex measuring jug
Seasalt and grinder

Clean the juice bottle as you would for making beer, ive found a little charcoal and baking soda works quite well when mixed with water. Tap water is fine as the bottle will be getting rinsed again with filtered water.

Place the funnel in the bottle once you've given it an initial rinse.
The funnel should fit stably, as it will have to hold the weight of the water.
Next place one coffee filter in, folding the bottom seam up and the side seam creates a sort of spring
Do the same to the second and third coffee filters placing them into each other
Once you've got 3 filters stacked, add 2-3 teaspoons of activated charcoal into the top filter
Begin carefully filling the filters up with water, try to hold it open with your fingers so it aligns better
At first it'll drop a little charcoal into the bottle, without further improvements this is unavoidable.
Its a slow process, once the bottle gets to about quarter full place the funnel assembly into the pyrex jug
Swish the filtered water around and drain it, the bottle should now be well sanitized.
Place the funnel back in, and resume cycling water through.
The water should be becoming quite clear by now with little charcoal filtering through.
It might take anywhere up to a couple of hours depending on how dedicated you are to filter 3 liters.
Finally once your happy with the amount of water filtered grind in some seasalt.
Seasalt is needed because filtering through charcoal removes everything the good and the bad.

Make a coffee, hot drink or chill in your fridge and taste the difference. This is how i drink water today. Compared to the cost of an electric filter system or reverse osmosis its much more cost effective and something you could start doing without too much effort.

This is all part of where quiting taking resperdal lead me too. I prob drink and eat better than most people in the city where i live. I exercise most days but the most benefits ive had is from knowledge.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 7:31 am

I tried risperidone for four weeks last year. It was to replace haloperidol which I take for motor tic disorder. All risperidone did was make me feel weak and shaky. Also, my tics came back with a vengeance. So it was back to the haloperidol. I take 5mgs every night.

I would really like to try something different like aripiprazole (Abilify) but I can't afford it.

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2018, 9:35 am

My boyfriend took that stuff in his youth and he said that when he went to school they used to ask him if he was taking hardcore drugs because of how washed out he was. Apparently that stuff makes you a zombie of sorts.