How to write good cover later and CV (Resume)?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

llee
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Sep 2014, 3:43 pm

Sorry, but I can't understand some of what you wrote. Did you finish your degree?

What I would suggest would be to do some voluntary work and then list it on your CV. There's nothing you can really put on it right now to fill the unemployment gap unless you did any unpaid work or courses.

I wouldn't write anything on there about illnesses etc, just tell them your situation when and if it comes to an interview, but at the same time don't ramble on about it as they won't employ someone who can't reasonably do the job.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2014, 5:39 pm

llee wrote:
Sorry, but I can't understand some of what you wrote. Did you finish your degree?

What I would suggest would be to do some voluntary work and then list it on your CV. There's nothing you can really put on it right now to fill the unemployment gap unless you did any unpaid work or courses.

I wouldn't write anything on there about illnesses etc, just tell them your situation when and if it comes to an interview, but at the same time don't ramble on about it as they won't employ someone who can't reasonably do the job.

I have a bachelor's degree in library science at the University of Wrocław, now studying for master's degree.
During undergraduate studies, I had a monthly free compulsory student internships in the public library, it could also take place in the university library at my university, the University of Technology Library, or the Library of Wroclaw Medical University, then decided to Wroclaw Public Library, I got for 4 it (B)

Now while studying my Masters I decided to serve in the library Wroclaw University of Technology, ladies who took care of me during the practices were very happy with me, I got 5 (A) :D

Truth be told, I would like to work in the library Technical University of Wroclaw, Wroclaw University of Technology, he has one of the better courses of Computer Science in Poland :D

I would love to have degree in computer science, but i hate math, it sucks :(

But i never worked aside student internships and i'm 28 years.
How do you explain to a prospective employer that the total tragic lack of any employment history is not the result of laziness but because of health.

Now on FB bage of my institute where i study is information about vacant in Library of University of Social Sciences and Humanities,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University ... Humanities

This is a private college, private universities do not have a very good opinion of Poles because they do not held standards of Polish state universities, they were created after the fall of communism in Poland, at the beginning believed that they will bring more freedom to research, but in many cases sold diplomas for money.

This university is different, because they really want to educate people and create science.

I would like to work there just do not know what to write in the letter of motivation, if I give information that 2002-2003 was a member of the audit committee, Wroclaw branch of the Civic Platform youth organization :D

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2014, 12:23 am

You don't. What you do is by using specific examples show them how skills your have benefited people and are transferable to the particular company you re applying to,

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2014, 3:47 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
You don't. What you do is by using specific examples show them how skills your have benefited people and are transferable to the particular company you re applying to,

I just wonder does any man started their career at age 25-28 :D

morslilleole
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2014, 4:02 am

Also, keep your resume short ( roughly one page. ) It is also a good idea to add a profile part where you write a few keywords about yourself like "analytical, precise, efficient" etc. You should also change this part after the job you're applying for. The cover letter and resume should go hand in hand.

I found these points to help me a lot in getting through to the next stage. With it, I usually get interviews, even if I don't fulfill all the requirements.