can a 5' 6 guy still be attractive?

Page 1 of 6 [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2014, 9:29 pm

I am 5' 6 (and a half) and I want to find a beautiful girl who can be my girlfriend. I am not necessarily looking for best of the best but I want to feel attracted to her.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2014, 10:39 pm

i dated a guy shorter than that (and me). we had backpacking and violin playing in common.

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2014, 10:44 pm

K_Kelly wrote:
can a 5' 6 guy still be attractive?

Yes, if he has an attractive personality.

nerdygirl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2014, 4:46 am

My husband is 5'4" and is 4" shorter than me.

We were attracted to each other through common interests and the desire for deep conversation. We started out as friends and it grew from there.

Eurythmic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2014, 7:53 am

If you go out there believing you won't find a partner because of things like your height/size of your nose/colour of your hair/whatever feeble excuse then it will become a self fulfilling prophecy.

Just be yourself, present yourself well, be polite and thoughtful to those you come into contact with, somewhere along the line you'll meet someone nice and "click" with them.

sacrip
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2014, 8:09 am

Tallness on men is kind of like long hair on women: it's a generic "thing they're supposed to have" but obviously not everyone does. Needless to say there are lots of short men and short haired women who have partners out there. As you get older, the ones who'd eliminate you for shortness matter less and less, and who YOU matters more and more.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2014, 12:18 pm

Yes, he can. A man that is obsessed with his looks and those of his potential partner however, not so much.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2014, 1:43 pm

MANY Hollywood celebrities are only 5'something & most would agree they're attractive. Obviously other aesthetics besides height count for a lot.. and of course, having money & power doesn't hurt any. The Hollywood types haven't let their height get in the way of feeling attractive or obtaining money & power, so why should you or anyone else that isn't considered tall?

Height doesn't have much to do with attraction UNLESS it's a specific criteria of a person who may be interested in dating you. If someone has the criteria that they only date guys 6' tall and taller, then that's beyond your control.. move on, find someone else. It's that simple.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2014, 5:23 pm

I'm 6'4" and it doesn't make me attractive. I don't think height has much to do with attraction, face shape and body build have more to do with it.

just makes me a tall ugly dude, who's useful for changing light bulbs.

Jjancee
Raven
Raven

07 Sep 2014, 5:30 pm

Yes, of course you can have a girlfriend, regardless of your height.

It's helpful to keep in mind that it's reasonable NOT to expect anything of your partner that you don't expect of yourself. Like, are you as good looking as the girl's you're attracted to and hoping to date?

If you want a super-fit girlfriend, are you yourself superfit??

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2014, 3:15 am

sly279 wrote:
I don't think height has much to do with attraction, face shape and body build have more to do with it.

While face shape and body build likely weigh higher for most people, height is still a critical factor for some. Personally, I'm not particularly attracted to really short guys, but also not attracted to guys taller than me (6'2") sooo, there is in fact a height range criteria to what I find attractive. Just a bit shorter than me works, but too much shorter and meh.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2014, 7:46 am

sly279 wrote:
I'm 6'4" and it doesn't make me attractive. I don't think height has much to do with attraction, face shape and body build have more to do with it.

I'm exactly 5'11"(without shoes) which is taller than at least 90% of the women I come across, and the majority of guys I see as well. Being 6 ft+ is WAY overrrated, and often unattractive in my opinion. Cause it sometimes makes the height ratio of a potential couple likely to be overly-mismatched where they look awkward together.(if the female is fairly short, and they often are)

elkclan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2014, 11:21 am

Hmmm...I've never care about height much. I am always wary of men shorter than I am because I'm not sure if they'll be attracted to ME. My ideal height for a man is probably 5'10" but that's a silly notion and not one that matters much in real life. The person I'm currently seeing is I suspect 5'5" - I can never tell if he's shorter than I am. He is VERY attractive. Probably the most physically attractive man I've ever dated.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2014, 3:30 pm

Height should be considered irrelevant in terms of a person's physical attractiveness.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2014, 12:05 am

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Height should be considered irrelevant in terms of a person's physical attractiveness.

No.. height is irrelevant to what you find attractive. For others, height may be the single greatest feature they're attracted to in another. For me it's merely a component, but it does matter.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2014, 1:43 am

Venger wrote:
sly279 wrote:

I'm exactly 5'11"(without shoes) which is taller than at least 90% of the women I come across, and the majority of guys I see as well. Being 6 ft+ is WAY overrrated, and often unattractive in my opinion. Cause it sometimes makes the height ratio of a potential couple likely to be overly-mismatched where they look awkward together.(if the female is fairly short, and they often are)

yes the height gap I see in some couples is just so much. I do feel a bit attracted to shorter thin women. though in reality the practically of it would be hard.

if height played a big part one would assume i'd have women craving me. they look at my picture in most causes and ignore me. so its not just wanting a tall guy. life might be a bit easier if I was shorter. but meh. like I don't fit normal beds, my feet hang over, I bump my head on stuff etc.