Page 4 of 6 [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2014, 10:25 am

XFilesGeek wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:

I think it's great some of you guys are open to dating women who are taller than you. Mostly, I just run into men who would never consider going with taller women.

In my case I won't risk it anymore in trying to date a woman who's taller than me unless she is the one who initiates it, it's the only way to be sure that height is not an issue for her otherwise the probability that she's totally fine about it is ridiculously low.

So yes, I am dismissing asking out taller women for a good reason.

Yes, but you DID give it a fair shot, which I find admirable.

It's something of the past, no more fair shots, I am now as height-discriminative as they are even if she's amazingly compatible or whatever, she would not even be seen as potential of anything. And I am sure most tall women would see this as a good favor if all short men do the same, few would wish to be asked out by a shorter guy.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2014, 10:35 am

Quote:
can a 5' 6 guy still be attractive?

if he is felled in the back paddock of a large farm, then after a few days, he will become so attractive to blowflies that wild horses couldn't keep them away.
while one is on a planet with life, one always has beings interested in them.

even if you take a seat in the african savannah alone in the dead of night, something will turn up that is eager to make your acquaintance.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2014, 10:53 am

b9 wrote:
Quote:

if he is felled in the back paddock of a large farm, then after a few days, he will become so attractive to blowflies that wild horses couldn't keep them away.
while one is on a planet with life, one always has beings interested in them.

even if you take a seat in the african savannah alone in the dead of night, something will turn up that is eager to make your acquaintance.

That should be a good scale in determining how much a person is worth in life, the less he's worth, the more flies he will attract.

If you have the feeling that even in a clean environment something is buzzing around your ears every day without a break then I've got bad news for you.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2014, 10:57 am

Uprising wrote:
That should be a good scale in determining how much a person is worth in life, the less he's worth, the more flies he will attract.

it really does not matter. it all depends on whether one prefers the company of flies.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2014, 11:06 am

b9 wrote:
Uprising wrote:

it really does not matter. it all depends on whether one prefers the company of flies.

The global amount of people preferring the company of flies over people would probably be statistically the same as the amount of women preferring to bang men who are below 5"7 over those who are that size or taller I guess.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2014, 11:19 am

Uprising wrote:
b9 wrote:
Uprising wrote:

The global amount of people preferring the company of flies over people would probably be statistically the same as the amount of women preferring to bang men who are below 5"7 over those who are that size or taller I guess.

Are you sure they are not more? :lol:

b9
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2014, 11:50 am

i was once "taken a shining to" by a rather insistent blowfly on november 18th 1996, and it proceeded to harass me for quite some time before i got on a train which eluded it's advances. when i alighted the train a few stops later, i was walking down the street, and guess what? i was harassed by the same fly! i recognized it immediately and i ducked into a tavern and phoned the police and told them i was being stalked by a blow fly, and as i was giving the description of the fly to the police so they could get right onto the case and get a car out to the area, i was told that the description of the fly was unnecessary, and so i told them i could come in and help them create a photofit drawing so they could release it to the papers to warn others to be on the lookout for this fly.

it is better to be stalked by a girl than a fly, because the police are not helpful with fly problems.

Porphirion
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Dec 2014, 12:25 pm

Quote:
Can A 5' 6 Guy Still Be Attractive?

Yes. Height is really one of the least important things when it comes to attractiveness- I know there's people that would disagree, but height is generally something of a tertiary concern. If you're worried about whether or not you're attractive you have more important factors to think about.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2014, 2:59 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Uprising wrote:
b9 wrote:
Uprising wrote:

Are you sure they are not more? :lol:

Yeah, even some family members like my uncle and a far nephew seem to strangely prefer talking to flies over people.

It's surprising how common this phenomenom is.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2014, 3:14 pm

CynicalWaffle wrote:
I'm 5'10" and STILL get the "you're too short" from women who are 5'1" and under!

Flies don't point out stuff like--are you really sure she was referring to your height?

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2014, 6:57 pm

K_Kelly wrote:
I am 5' 6 (and a half) and I want to find a beautiful girl who can be my girlfriend. I am not necessarily looking for best of the best but I want to feel attracted to her.

Your height doesn't sound like a turn-off to me, but can I be honest? Your statement about "wanting to find a beautiful girl" most certainly is. I understand you want to feel attracted to someone you date, but does she really have to be "beautiful" before you can do that?" What about average looking with a great smile? What about sweet looking with a great sense of humor? That simple statement sounds like all you care about is her outside, when long run what she looks like will be one of the least important factors in creating a solid relationship. Do you even want a solid relationship, or is having an attractive ornament on your arm all you care about?

Just food for thought.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2014, 8:30 pm

One of my college friends talked about a classmate who appeared (fully clothed) on a magazine cover.
He pointed out she was well endowed and attractive--she would only date rich guys--and complained that everyone she dated was a jerk.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2014, 2:27 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
K_Kelly wrote:
I am 5' 6 (and a half) and I want to find a beautiful girl who can be my girlfriend. I am not necessarily looking for best of the best but I want to feel attracted to her.

Your height doesn't sound like a turn-off to me, but can I be honest? Your statement about "wanting to find a beautiful girl" most certainly is. I understand you want to feel attracted to someone you date, but does she really have to be "beautiful" before you can do that?" What about average looking with a great smile? What about sweet looking with a great sense of humor? That simple statement sounds like all you care about is her outside, when long run what she looks like will be one of the least important factors in creating a solid relationship. Do you even want a solid relationship, or is having an attractive ornament on your arm all you care about?

Just food for thought.

Suppose you do hook up with an attractive girl with a busy social life, now what? Are you prepared to go the weddings of all her friends? More importantly, can you deal with the cost of maintaining a beautiful image--top drawer clothes, cosmetics, and jewelry aren't cheap. Not to mention the cost of going to social events--girls can't wear the same dress. 8O Or are you looking for someone who wants to retire from the social scene and become a stay at home mom living in a suburb with an excellent school system--which means a good job with and commute for you. Maybe you want to be the one taking care of the kids 24x7 while she travels around the country earning a living?

Non_Passerine
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Jan 2015, 1:31 pm

I've had two major crushes. The first one was 5'6", the current one probably isn't much taller. (I'm 5'4", at least they're easier to hug!)

aradesh
Raven
Raven

27 Jan 2015, 4:36 pm

Quote:

Yes. I am a 5'6 guy and I'm extremely attractive ;)

j/k, however I don't think I'm bad looking. I have started to see advantages in being short. It's useful in certain sports, i.e. distance running, and low-weight-category weightlifting. The gold winner of the mens 55kg (or is it 48kg? The lowest mens category, anyway.) category in the 2012 Olympics was 4'11 and he lifted 3 times his own weight above his head.
Also small people tend to live longer, can hide in smaller spaces, have a better time on aeroplanes and buses, tend to injure themselves less when they fall over, etc etc. :D

darkphantomx
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Jan 2015, 5:16 pm

yeah why not?

A lot of women want a man that is at least their height or taller. You're 5 ft 6 which really isn't terribly short. There are plenty of women who are at least 2 inches shorter. Is your height going to be a turn off for some women? Yes it will. But for other woman, 5 ft 6 is acceptable and not a deal breaker.

If you find that you can't get a girlfriend, it is not just your height. Maybe you are doing something wrong.