Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2014, 12:09 am

I just got this Roku box and added the Netflix channel but I cannot find anything there that interests me. All of these shows that are so popular, House of Cards, Orange is the New Black and whatever else is "trending", look dull as hell to me and the things that I am interested in are absent from Netflix, as far as I can tell.

Statto
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Sep 2014, 1:45 am

I agree the content is lacking in places. Orange is the New Black was Superb though, we watched series 2 in < a week. We loved Sons of Anarchy and Nurse Jackie also. It's the movies that disappoint most for me. We also get a block in the UK so there is US content we can't see until after DVD release.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2014, 7:22 am

I like the direction Netflix is going with it's original programming. Amazon Prime is a good counter as it stays more current with it's offerings. We don't miss cable at all. :)

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2014, 11:10 am

Statto wrote:
I agree the content is lacking in places. Orange is the New Black was Superb though, we watched series 2 in < a week. We loved Sons of Anarchy and Nurse Jackie also. It's the movies that disappoint most for me. We also get a block in the UK so there is US content we can't see until after DVD release.

a week?
watched series two in less than a day thanks to insomnia ,however am not a netflix owner,saw it by other means. was in HMV the other day and saw it for sale on dvd,why cant they put it on tv if they can see its popular enough to put on dvd?

aparently there are proxy addons available for netflix on firefox to view the US version,but they probably bottle neck bandwith. :?

as for netflix;bojack horseman is very promising,its very daria like,but its become highly popular as one of the big guys behind it is aaron paul [AKA jesse pinkman in breaking bad], many of us breaking bad fans will watch it just for that fact but then realise it actualy does have the makings of a good grassroots animation.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!