Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2007, 9:51 pm

any House, M.D. fans?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2007, 9:58 pm

I watch it sometimes, but I can't say that I am a fan.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2007, 11:54 pm

no love for house?

sure, he's not an aspie...but he wishes he was!

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2007, 12:45 am

I don't say I like the series, but Hugh Laurie makes a wonderful SOB. He probably got it rubbed off on him when he played dopey George from the Blackadder series, and Rowan Atkinson was the bastardic Blackadder. It's wonderful to see Laurie in a role that isn't nice, or dopey (unless you count House's addiction, or is that former addiction?).

On sabbatical...

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2007, 2:19 am

Quatermass wrote:
I don't say I like the series, but Hugh Laurie makes a wonderful SOB. He probably got it rubbed off on him when he played dopey George from the Blackadder series, and Rowan Atkinson was the bastardic Blackadder. It's wonderful to see Laurie in a role that isn't nice, or dopey (unless you count House's addiction, or is that former addiction?).

last i know, it's still addiction. and i don't think it's dopey at all. always throws me off to see him speak with his natural accent instead of the american accent i'm used to seeing him speak with.

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2007, 1:53 pm

I am a new House MD fan. I had no idea this show existed until I made a comment and was told "Thank you, Dr. House." Totally threw me for a loop, and I was intrigued. I now take it as a compliment because even though Dr. House is a "jerk," he's also always right and some people just don't like that. I spent the last four days watching seasons 1 and 2 and 3 and am looking forward to the new episode on Tuesday.

I think Hugh Laurie is awesome as House, and I loved him in Blackadder.

One of my favorite episodes was "Lines in the Sand" because I really identified with his need to have his carpet back. Silly, I know, but I like Dr. House. I was worried about the whole bit about rehab and that stupid cop, Tritter, who made it his mission to take down Dr. House since he figured Dr. House was a bully---that cop is a total jerk, a real bully who hides behind the force of the law. And way to go for Dr. Cuddy. Even though House was totally insincere and manipulative, Tritter was a jerk.

But yeah, I am a House fan.

And I think you can take the "Lines in the Sand" episode both ways: Wilson convinced Cuddy to give House back his "broadloom," not because he wanted it, but because he NEEDED it. And then afterwards, the exchange between House and Wilson was kind of like friends joking around. (Except I want to know what book Wilson was reading to Cuddy from since I wasn't aware that Asperger's was a RARE form of Autism...)

Or you can take it that Wilson just manipulated Cuddy into giving in.

Or maybe House just "wished he was." After all, he replies to Wilson with "at what point does someone endlessly lecturing someone make him a jerk?" Because Wilson was saying House just wanted an excuse for his being a jerk. I dunno. I think the episode was ambiguous.

Xenon
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2007, 2:01 pm

I love this series! Hugh Laurie plays his part very well.

(And Jennifer Morrison is just so gosh-darn cute...)

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2007, 4:02 pm

Yeah Houseis awesome!
Hugh Laurie is awesome in the role of a jerk.
I love the medical facts they use in the show. I find that stuff so interesting, Since one of my obsessions was anything medical related.
I found the addiction Tritter subplot boring. I just don't like emotions thats all.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2007, 5:24 pm

the tritter thing was more frustrating than anything else...but i think that was the point of introducing him.

i just wanted someone to punch him....maybe chase...it'd be nice to see him locked up and be nice to see tritter punched in the face.

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2007, 6:17 pm

skafather84 wrote:
the tritter thing was more frustrating than anything else...but i think that was the point of introducing him.

i just wanted someone to punch him....maybe chase...it'd be nice to see him locked up and be nice to see tritter punched in the face.

Wait, you want CHASE locked up? What is wrong with Chase? As far as Tritter goes, I hope he becomes House's next REAL patient and owes his life the brilliant drug-addicted jerk he tried to destroy. That would be interesting.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2007, 6:26 pm

dexkaden wrote:
skafather84 wrote:

Wait, you want CHASE locked up? What is wrong with Chase? As far as Tritter goes, I hope he becomes House's next REAL patient and owes his life the brilliant drug-addicted jerk he tried to destroy. That would be interesting.

he's a weasel who is always sucking up to house after he sold him out once before. he's also smug and judgmental.

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2007, 6:38 pm

I guess so. I don't particularly dislike him, though. Actually, Tritter was the only character introduced in the show that I absolutely hated. I really like House's sneakers. And Foreman. I like Foreman and Cameron. I don't have any feelings about Chase. I also like Wilson and Cuddy---I think House kind of likes Cuddy, actually.

One of my favorite clinic moments was when House tells off a mom for not vaccinating her kid. It made me laugh.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsK7Jt-xma4[/youtube]

Last edited by dexkaden on 04 Mar 2007, 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jay186
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Mar 2007, 7:17 pm

I saw two episode's and loved them both, but for some reason I couldent get into it.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2007, 8:02 pm

Jay186 wrote:
I saw two episode's and loved them both, but for some reason I couldent get into it.

www.youtvpc.com they have streaming videos up right now from the first season. i bet if you watch a couple more episodes you'll be hooked. :P

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2007, 11:13 pm

so apparently youtvpc was sold and turned into a pay to play deal....nice for them...whatever....

http://www.dailymotion.com/group/23521/1

the house group for dailymotion....they have videos up and seem to be keeping up with the series as it airs now.

Erlyrisa
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2007, 12:47 am

Bouldrick rules!