Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2014, 11:55 am

There are some times I feel unwanted and screw things up and feel leaving is the best thing to do, there are people who hate my guts as well and enjoy me feeling down but to piss em off ill stay why not *shrug*.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2014, 1:33 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
There are some times I feel unwanted and screw things up and feel leaving is the best thing to do, there are people who hate my guts as well and enjoy me feeling down but to piss em off ill stay why not *shrug*.
Why do you feel people hate you and enjoy you feeling down? I certainly don't feel that way about you at all.

Wreck It Ralph

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2014, 2:04 pm

skibum wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
Why do you feel people hate you and enjoy you feeling down? I certainly don't feel that way about you at all.
Well my personality gets on others nerves or my sense of humor gets out of hand when my intention is to make people laugh but it has an opposite effect so I get villified. I get hyper and random when im in a good mood and people dont seem to like it much so I start feeling down and keep questioning myself where i went wrong and start feeling depressed and not being myself is best I tend to get quiet for a while and not post as much so I guess that works.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2014, 2:46 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
skibum wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
Well my personality gets on others nerves or my sense of humor gets out of hand when my intention is to make people laugh but it has an opposite effect so I get villified. I get hyper and random when im in a good mood and people dont seem to like it much so I start feeling down and keep questioning myself where i went wrong and start feeling depressed and not being myself is best I tend to get quiet for a while and not post as much so I guess that works.
I think it is good that you are able to explain these struggles in your personality because then people won't be offended by something that you may write that might otherwise be misinterpreted. I hope that others can read this post you just wrote and understand and even help you overcome these issues. I would love for you to feel comfortable and supported and liked here.

Wreck It Ralph

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2014, 3:42 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:

I feel the same as you, AO. Even though I have been a WP member for almost 8 years now, I often feel many WP members don't take me very seriously. However, just to give such members a "digital middle finger", I'm staying no matter what.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2014, 8:42 pm

The technical deterioration of the site might eventually drive me away if it's not addressed, IMHO Alex either needs to reengage with the site or pass it along to someone who will, as it's really showing the effects of years long neglect at this point.

Marybird
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2014, 12:04 am

KingdomOfRats wrote:
when in the right frame of mind woud never leave WP but have had many breaks from it and forums in general,the longest break was two years or so due to WP being the main home of a individual was being severely bullied by.

as a result of that am annoyingly very cynical now with what some users say about themselves when they dont give picture/video evidence but at least can spot a atention seeking sockpuppet account from a mile off even when they have become regulars that have managed to fool everyone else into believing them.

This doesn't make sense.
Picture/video is not evidence of autism spectrum disorder. How can you be cynical of people that way?
Most people don't want their pictures on the internet and attention seeking sock puppets can post pictures too.
you think there are regulars here that have managed to fool everyone into believing them?
That's not a very nice thing to say about WP members.
It sounds like bullying to me.
A lot of us on WP have been severely bullied but it doesn't turn us cynical against other members.

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2014, 1:04 am

I can't think of anything that would make me want to leave permanently, in fact, the idea of walking away and never returning scares me rather, like I'd be walking away from a large part of my social network. I occasionally take breaks, sometimes for a few weeks at a time, but I always return; I like everyone here too much to be gone for long :)

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2014, 3:54 pm

I wouldn't think of it as leaving because I don't really know anyone here. I mean I don't feel engaged with this forum as a community or a group of friends or anything like that. I have left other forums because I did feel more personally connected to the people that way and it became too overwhelming. I would end up thinking about the discussions and what people said to me all day long while I was trying to do other things. It just got to be too distracting. A lot of the time I didn't enjoy it anyway because there was too much arguing or drama going on.

I don't post here as much as I used to because I got tired of all the arguing that goes on here. And people have sometimes been very unsympathetic and rude when I wrote about my own experiences. I can distance myself from it and not let it bother me because I am not really close to anyone here. If I ever started to feel like I couldn't distance myself from it anymore, I would have to stop coming here.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2014, 10:56 pm

People hating on any of my three main special interests all at once in a thread that keeps getting bumped up constantly in Random Discussion when it really should be in a more related sub-forum that's relevant to the subject. I'm that sensitive.

One person's disinterest can be another person's treasured tradition.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2014, 11:05 pm

I can't think of a reason why I would leave, sometimes I don't post for a few days if I don't have anything to say.
There's only been one or two occasions when I felt people have misinterpreted what I've said but apart from that I think most people on here have been nice.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2014, 11:32 pm

technical deterioration, like Dox said, nor not having anything to say.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2014, 10:00 am

I think WP has become too much of a major part of my online life to consider leaving. It would take a monumental effort to drag myself away from here and resolve to stay away. It's also the only form of contact I have with certain friends at this point in time.

LokiofSassgard
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2014, 11:00 am

I left for a while because I had no use for being here, then I forgot the info to my accounts. Plus, the emails were old and unused. My previous email for the last account I had here was hacked during the leak of passwords by gmail. I was unable to get into that gmail account and had to ditch it. :/

I feel I am more important here and have people who understand me a little better than before. So, I started to come back under a new name and have stayed here since then. I am on another forum as well, which is where I spend more of my time (I have over 1,000 posts there have actually donated to that forum to help support the owner's server costs and stuff, mostly for the supporter benefits but also because I have a strong connection to the forum owner).

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2014, 8:10 pm

I did leave WP for a couple of months one summer after being attacked in my own thread in 2009, in The Haven.

L_Holmes
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2014, 8:27 pm

I don't plan on ever leaving WP, but I could see it happening where I might get so busy with something else in life that I don't have as much time for it. That is the only reason I could see as being a plausible one.

Other reasons for leaving that I might have don't seem like they would happen. If I was consistently put down or was not finding much help or mutual understanding I would leave, but I can't see that happening. There are too many understanding and experienced members, I doubt it would get to that point. I haven't had anyone directly be rude to me on here, I have had some people that seemed to be overly-critical in their responses though. I might leave temporarily if somebody was directly attacking me.

Maybe others would leave if they only joined to get advice, and once they got to a point where they felt comfortable being independent they wouldn't feel the need to be on here anymore. But seeing as the people you are referring to are those who have been on for quite a while, my guess would be the first one I listed, they just get caught up with something else and don't have time.

- Sherlock Holmes