I Need Help Marketing Myself‏

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Noitartst
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Sep 2014, 5:30 pm

I'm a thirty-five-year-old male with Aspergers seeking help finding someone. DVR and Work Source are effectively useless for my situation, given they can't make phone calls for me, and while I'm still trying with DVR via the route of an ombudsman, that's the problem. (It's structural.) I've tried recruiting on my own, via Craigslist, but social proof is best. I want to do that again, but futility is doing the same thing over expecting different outcomes.

Some social worker in this role would be the best fit, but "conflicts of interest" is the constant refrain I'm facing, and am seeking an end run around it. Basically, the issue is marketing, and I need help compensating for my Aspergers tendencies.

A great example of where someone could be useful to me is the story of Earl, the gentleman who ran the Exceptional Foresters in Shelton. he and I in meetings clicked, but then I heard he'd ended at EFI, and as such, I wanted to see if he couldn't now assist me personally. Trouble was, his former place of employment didn't give out his number, and I didn't know anyway around that roadblock, at the time. Turns out, he was close to keeling over, but even so, he was the sort of bloke I could've used, death-watch besides.

Moreover, if I had the right partner, or at minimal, support, I'd be tracing right back to the Economic Development Council of Thurston County. They can help me develop a business plan but they can't help me find a partner because they don't play match-maker. I really do want to return, though, because I've got a couple ideas I'm hankering to see developed. Just so you know, the EDC's contact info is: (360) 754-6320

Look: Alright, for professional reasons, folks within certain agencies possess the requisite skills to aid, but lack the legal leeway to help me therein. But you know what? Such folks retire, or switch jobs, and those are the ones worth asking, and all I'm asking is for someone whose ears are attuned to the grapevine to assist.

My DVR counselor is ineffective for my situation, given she can't work outside Mason or Thurston, but she can discuss it better than I. Paul, my EFI point man, though, has been closer to the solution than anyone else, and is the best template I've found. There are also some folks from Work Source I've been working with, who can also enlighten, if queried.

You can learn more from failures than successes, so take what has already been tried to heart, in my case. I need a representative on my behalf, to speak, and make calls, someone who can be relied on as my mouthpiece. If I cannot get that, then I need an intermediate step, AKA a recruiter, agent, or something.

Business partner, representative, agent, recruiter, or advocate--all these amount to being for me what I call "an interface." What I want, above all, is to live up to my abilities, facilitate my strengths, but I'm afraid I haven't had much success doing so, and that's what I need help with, so let's do something about it, shall we?

At a minimum, a recruiter, basically, has only to manage responses to my Craigslist ads, make calls, speak on my behalf, etc. (Trust me, I have my reasons.) Social proof beats self-proof, and basically I'm building a support network. Basically, all a recruiter has to do is refer a candidate to someone like Paul, who will talk to him, whilst keeping me in the loop. Know anyone that can do that? There must be someone with social connections that can help me, because there are an awful lot of places I need contacting, and I am just not cut out to be a chief of staff.

Oh, and I am indeed prepared to to compensate an agent/business partner. If an agent, out of my future earnings, and if business partner, future rewards. Outside that, for a recruiter, I think that is sufficiently light for a volunteer function. In such a case, though, I'll still need to find a volunteer.

Places I've Already Contacted:
Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
Behavioral Health Resources
Exceptional Foresters
Love Inc.
1st Baptist of Shelton
Autism Society of Washington
Various therapists/counselors

Issues of Developing the Right Skills
My issue has always been about creating the right structure to operate out of, to regulate. Managing time, scheduling, prioritizing, has been a struggle for me, and I cannot further proceed sans addressing them. Do I know what I want out of life? Yes! As the below says:

Mission Statement: "To change the world."

More specifically, I have some big, outsized goals, namely:
A vortex engine.
Two internet startup ideas.
A musical.

These projects are all so huge and sprawling, I can't conceivably begin to do all at once, and I know better than to try. They say it's best to focus on no more than two larger goals at once, and keep the rest on the backburner, which is fine. I have a list of other, personal achievement goals, but here are my more immediate, pressing ones:
Health.
Employment.
Insurance.
Finances.
Housing. (Notice how these have periods at the end, compared to the previous lists.)

To achieve my highest, or meta, goals, I need to manage the latter ones better. To do so, I need to develop the right skills, and for that, I am looking at greater specifics....