asexual/ romantic 13%  13%  [ 15 ]
Bisexual 15%  15%  [ 18 ]
Total votes : 120

mpe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Jan 2015, 1:40 am

PixieXW wrote:
just wanted to know how true the belief that most autistic people aren't straight was

Interesting that there are two "asexual" options.
Also trans vs cis is orthoganal to gender orientation. (There are hetero, homo, bi, pan and asexual trans people.)

2cat007
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Jan 2015, 1:45 am

Skibz888 wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:
^and i'm inclined to agree! i admittedly never think too much about my own sexuality so i haven't come up with a concise term/label that wholly describes me yet.

It takes a long time, mostly because a lot of time and experimentation is required.

I didn't even think about sexuality until I was about 15, when I suddenly realized I wasn't even thinking about sexuality and attempted to find out why. I realized I was entirely attracted to guys and was ready to label myself gay until I met a girl who I had a huge romantic crush on; after that, thinking maybe I was straight or bi, I decided to accept some girls' advances, and though I enjoyed their intimate company and sensuality of their touch, I couldn't get into them sexually. I figured I needed to meet "the one" and spent several years alone until I started a relationship with a girl I became romantically attracted to, but after several months learned I still wasn't sexually into her (or any other women since).

Hence how I came to my current label, and that's still without having any relationships with guys or non-binaries. I at least know I can form romantic relationships with anyone and am perfectly happy in asexual relationships, so "panromantic" is pretty concrete, but it'll take some time figuring out the remaining "-sexual" suffix. It's kind of exciting, like solving a jigsaw puzzle!

Kiprobalhato wrote:
some can take it further than 'fluid gender/sexuality' and claim that there isn't really an objective gender at all, and it does not exist outside of one's own body perception. what do you think of that?

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by that, but I know people who identify as non-binary or genderqueer and I'm perfectly okay with that. If someone can identify as the opposite gender, then I see no reason why they can't identify with no gender.

I can agree with you on it taking a while for you to figure out your sexuality, because it wasn't until I was 15 that I realized I was attracted to girls also. (But I was 16 when I accepted my sexuality.)

Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2015, 1:56 am

mpe wrote:
PixieXW wrote:
just wanted to know how true the belief that most autistic people aren't straight was

Interesting that there are two "asexual" options.
Also trans vs cis is orthoganal to gender orientation. (There are hetero, homo, bi, pan and asexual trans people.)

Asexual/(a)romantic. There are (hetero/homo/bi/pan/poly) asexuals who are romantically attracted to people but just not sexually attracted to them and there are asexuals who don't have romantic attractions to anyone, regardless of sex.

Aniihya
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2015, 4:38 am

I am nearly asexual, while I don't feel disgusted by sex and had it before, I do not need it. I am however biromantic.

drh1138
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Feb 2015, 1:44 pm

Hetero-romantic sex-positive ace. And while it's already been stated multiple times, I also want to chip into the "transgender isn't a sexual orientation" pile. Also it's a tad strange that the trans and gay options were bifurcated by gender, while everything else wasn't.

Toy Freddy the Fabulous
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Jun 2016, 2:12 pm

None of the above-I'm pansexual.

300series
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 10:27 pm

I am definitely 100% heterosexual.

arandomguy46
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Sep 2017, 2:14 pm

I'm bisexual.

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 7:26 pm

I am straight.

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on September 13, 2017)

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2017, 7:56 pm

I'm asexual and unsure of whether aromantic or romantic.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 1:15 am

Straight

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 6:23 am

Generally straight, but this can sometimes be overridden by the presence of Fetishes.