Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2014, 9:07 am

Gotcha!

seancal
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Nov 2014, 2:54 am

Decades of medication has rendered me asexual.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2014, 1:12 pm

I'm straight. That's it.

It seems most voters here are straight, which is common in the general population anyway. So who's to assume that being gay is more common in Autistics? It is not.

Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2014, 1:27 pm

I've been looking for a definitive answer to that question for about 11 or so years.

I've always identified with being "gay", but I occasionally have a demisexual attraction to particular females. The balance is roughly 70-30 guy/gal for me, and most of my friends have said that's essentially "bisexual". I've only ever had relationships with females, largely because they're the only one's who've ever directly asked to be involved with me (I've never flirted with or asked anyone out of my own volition, for obvious social reasons).

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

27 Nov 2014, 1:38 pm

Fnord wrote:
You're welcome.

I prefer "Gynotropic" to "Straight" because (1) it applies to both male heterosexuals and female homosexuals equally, and (2) it does not imply that homosexuals are, in any way, "Crooked".

"Androtropic" would then be the term used for people who are attracted to men and/or their reproductive systems.

What if you're attracted to your hand? :lol:

King_oni
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Nov 2014, 2:07 pm

I'm... yeah.. what am I, lol.

I'm going with Heteroflexible. I quite like women; however in years the notion of being open to date transgender people has crossed my mind. But being somewhat visual and therefore picky with the women I date (and yes, that might be superficial; but for all intents and purposes, if I'm not turned on by what I see... let's just say; playing pool with a rope isn't gonna work), I guess the same applies with any TG folk. If I think they're good looking and I were to connect properly with someone who would identify as such; I'm not going to make an issue of whatever is going on down there so to speak. Which probably also means that I'm not exclusively attracted to the female reproductive organ.

That's that bit of flexibility I have I suppose. I never felt attracted to men at all, so I feel that it rules out bisexual.

Taking sexuality types; If someone would have sex exclusively with prostitutes and other commercial services, would that make him (or her) buysexual?

Ohdannyboy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Dec 2014, 12:11 am

I'm pansexual, meaning I'm attracted to any gender.
I don't mean to be rude by pointing this out but transgender isn't a sexuality.

hilaryy_renee_
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Dec 2014, 12:40 am

I am definitely straight.

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2015, 11:37 pm

Definitely straight

Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 3:46 am

Skibz888 wrote:
I've been looking for a definitive answer to that question for about 11 or so years.

I've always identified with being "gay", but I occasionally have a demisexual attraction to particular females. The balance is roughly 70-30 guy/gal for me, and most of my friends have said that's essentially "bisexual". I've only ever had relationships with females, largely because they're the only one's who've ever directly asked to be involved with me (I've never flirted with or asked anyone out of my own volition, for obvious social reasons).

Two months later, "panromantic homosexual" was the term I was looking for. I can (and have) developed intense romantic attractions to anyone ranging from females and males to trans, but sexually I'm still only attracted to males. Go figure.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 10:23 am

yournamehere wrote:
Fnord wrote:
You're welcome. I prefer "Gynotropic" to "Straight" because (1) it applies to both male heterosexuals and female homosexuals equally, and (2) it does not imply that homosexuals are, in any way, "Crooked". "Androtropic" would then be the term used for people who are attracted to men and/or their reproductive systems.
What if you're attracted to your hand?
Phalangetropic.

Ambitropic would mean attracted to both men and women, while Atropic would mean attracted to no one.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 4:45 pm

if my guesses are right...Aphalangetropic would mean attracted to no hand? :mrgreen:

something like Cephaltropic (picked from -cephaly, κεφαλή or 'head') would be attracted to heads?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

2cat007
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jan 2015, 10:00 pm

Skibz888 wrote:
Skibz888 wrote:

Two months later, "panromantic homosexual" was the term I was looking for. I can (and have) developed intense romantic attractions to anyone ranging from females and males to trans, but sexually I'm still only attracted to males. Go figure.

Thats good that you found your label. C:

Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 11:07 pm

2cat007 wrote:
Thats good that you found your label. C:

Thank you. Admittedly, I always used to be skeptical of those types of long labels that people would give themselves, like they were just fad buzzwords for the Tumblr generation. I used to think of sexuality in very black and white terms: straight, bi and gay, and because of that I had endless amounts of frustration in being unable to identify with any of them. People need to realize that sexuality (and by extension, gender) is a whole lot more fluid than society unfortunately teaches us.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 11:23 pm

^and i'm inclined to agree! i admittedly never think too much about my own sexuality so i haven't come up with a concise term/label that wholly describes me yet.

i find myself physically/romantically attracted to females - yet i have no overpowering* qualms with holding a male's hand of course, if he's alright with it. the only time i kissed anyone outside of my family so far, it was a guy. very quickly, on the cheek. when i was 14.

i never took it too seriously, and i doubt he did either.

some can take it further than 'fluid gender/sexuality' and claim that there isn't really an objective gender at all, and it does not exist outside of one's own body perception. what do you think of that?

*i can get a bit uneasy, but it can be suppressed with some effort.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2015, 12:13 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
^and i'm inclined to agree! i admittedly never think too much about my own sexuality so i haven't come up with a concise term/label that wholly describes me yet.

It takes a long time, mostly because a lot of time and experimentation is required.

I didn't even think about sexuality until I was about 15, when I suddenly realized I wasn't even thinking about sexuality and attempted to find out why. I realized I was entirely attracted to guys and was ready to label myself gay until I met a girl who I had a huge romantic crush on; after that, thinking maybe I was straight or bi, I decided to accept some girls' advances, and though I enjoyed their intimate company and sensuality of their touch, I couldn't get into them sexually. I figured I needed to meet "the one" and spent several years alone until I started a relationship with a girl I became romantically attracted to, but after several months learned I still wasn't sexually into her (or any other women since).

Hence how I came to my current label, and that's still without having any relationships with guys or non-binaries. I at least know I can form romantic relationships with anyone and am perfectly happy in asexual relationships, so "panromantic" is pretty concrete, but it'll take some time figuring out the remaining "-sexual" suffix. It's kind of exciting, like solving a jigsaw puzzle!

Kiprobalhato wrote:
some can take it further than 'fluid gender/sexuality' and claim that there isn't really an objective gender at all, and it does not exist outside of one's own body perception. what do you think of that?

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by that, but I know people who identify as non-binary or genderqueer and I'm perfectly okay with that. If someone can identify as the opposite gender, then I see no reason why they can't identify with no gender.