Veteran

12 Oct 2014, 8:11 am

IM sorry, Skibum.

Can you patch?

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2014, 8:22 am

Thank you Waterfalls. I don't know where the hole is. it must be really tiny. It made me cry.

Wreck It Ralph

Waterfalls
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2014, 8:40 am

What is your caterpillar made from? I am wondering whether there is any chance you could submerge and look for air bubbles? But even if you find the leak and patch, it is still so disappointing when something like that happens. Be careful what you ask of yourself today, if anything goes wrong you're more likely to struggle and melt down. Can you have an easy day today?

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2014, 8:52 am

I looked carefully and found the hole. It's on his neck where the first body section is glued. I could try to glue it back. Maybe I can figure out how to inject air back in.

I am going through a lot right now. I have a big deal thing going on on Tuesday that is scary to me and I am struggling a lot with some relationship issues too. I have to help my husband with some stuff today but I feel very emotionally vulnerable. I will try to get through the day today.

Wreck It Ralph

Waterfalls
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2014, 9:04 am

You were so supportive when we PMed, please PM me if you think that might help!

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2014, 9:06 am

Waterfalls wrote:
You were so supportive when we PMed, please PM me if you think that might help!
Thank you. I will. I have to wait til tonight or tomorrow though. But I definitely will. Thank you.

Wreck It Ralph

Waterfalls
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2014, 9:09 am

I tell myself "just breathe" and try to focus on nothing else but breathing. That helps some. You'll get through this, SkiBum! Talk soon.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2014, 9:20 am

Thank you.

Wreck It Ralph

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2014, 10:31 am

Shoe Goo can be very effective for patching holes.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2014, 10:33 am

Hi, Skibum - I'm so sorry to hear that your caterpillar's head got deflated. :( It's really distressing when a comfort/coping item is unwell, or has something the matter with them, and you don't know what to do to fix it. When Dory, my stuffed dolphin, lost one of her eyes many years ago, I felt completely numb inside. I ended up taking her to my stepmother to mend, even though I could sew reasonably well, because I didn't trust myself to sew a replacement on just right.

Anyway, I just wanted to pop in and let you know that I'm thinking of you, and to take it easy until you manage to fix your caterpillar or find a replacement (if that's what you decide to do; finding replacements for comfort items is often very difficult). Some of my other little friends also wanted to say "hi," too...:)

They'll keep you in their thoughts, as well.

*HUGS* :heart: Hope you feel better. Go easy on yourself.

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

Evil_Chuck
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Oct 2014, 11:48 am

I'm sorry, skibum. :( Suzie sends her best wishes to your caterpillar. I worry about my comfort items all the time and when they hurt, so do we. I think you're doing better than I would be in your situation.

I hope you can fix him. And remember, the most important thing is that he's here for you. I have a favorite teddy bear named Brian who's been with me since I was a kid. He has rotating arms with plastic joints, and it was rough when his right arm started coming off 15-20 years ago. My mother had to sew it on to keep it attached, and now he can't turn that arm anymore. I felt terrible about it at first, but Brian didn't hold it against me. He'll always love me no matter what, and it is just the same with your caterpillar.

FUNNY DEATH METAL LYRICS OF THE WEEK: 'DEMON'S WIND' BY VADER
Clammy frog descends
Demon's wind, the stars answer your desire
Join the undead, that's the place you'll never leave
You wanna die... but death cannot do us apart...

animalcrackers
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2014, 12:49 pm

Maybe you could use a bicycle pump with one of those pins for putting air into basketballs and footballs?

It might make the hole bigger so I don't know if you would want to do it, but if you put glue over it right away after pulling out the pin and then cover the glued-over hold with an actual little patch, maybe it would be okay.

Love transcends all.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2014, 12:56 pm

Thank you Coupe and Veggie Man. I am really glad Dory is better.

Wreck It Ralph

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2014, 12:56 pm

animalcrackers wrote:
Maybe you could use a bicycle pump with one of those pins for putting air into basketballs and footballs?

It might make the hole bigger so I don't know if you would want to do it, but if you put glue over it right away after pulling out the pin and then cover the glued-over hold with an actual little patch, maybe it would be okay.
That's a good idea, thanks.

Wreck It Ralph

YarnMonster
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Oct 2014, 8:01 pm

I'm so sorry! I hope you can fix your friend!