Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Dmarcotte
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Oct 2014, 3:25 pm

I just read about the possibility of getting extra time for my daughter to take the ACT test. I would check here to see if anyone has done that and what was the result?

DarkAscent
Toucan
Toucan

18 Oct 2014, 5:09 pm

Dmarcotte wrote:
I just read about the possibility of getting extra time for my daughter to take the ACT test. I would check here to see if anyone has done that and what was the result?

I'm not too sure if it will be the same for your daughter as it was for me since I live in England, but I get 25% extra time in my exams mainly for my deafness. The extra time made exams a lot easier because I'm a visual thinker and take more time to put the images into words, and to process the questions and information, which might be useful if your daughter is a visual thinker too.

NicholasName
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Oct 2014, 3:55 pm

I was going to but missed the deadline.

Pitabread123
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Nov 2014, 4:25 pm

I got extra time for AP tests and the SAT and I was very embarrassed by the thought that I might be inferior than other people. What ended up happening in the case of the SAT was that I ended up ending earlier, which pissed my dad off a bit. I ended up finishing the whole thing getting a pretty decent composite score too (2020). Honestly for me, I guess the rationale that I should get it was based on the fact that I like to zone out and day dream a lot. I'm also pretty careless when it comes to some of the arithmetic in the math section so the idea was that I'd get extra time to check things over. Ultimately I do wish that I would have used the extra time to make improvements. For the AP tests on the other hand, I used the full amount of time and got several 5s.