Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

TaliDaRadical
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Apr 2005, 9:22 am

I'm going to prom alone because I found out that the only guy I like who is the same ethnicity/religion as me is majoring in art and I'm not dating any guy who isn't majoring in premed, law or engineering. (BTW, I don't date interracially because people who do get dissed.) And I don't have friends, and all of my acquaintances are either going in groups (I don't know how to get into those 'groups') or going with dates. My parents are driving me to prom. And you know how I don't like those artsy folk. How about y'all?

Jetson
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2005, 4:19 pm

You're entitled to reject people using any criteria you want. It's your loss.

Therblig
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Apr 2005, 4:35 pm

Quote:
You're entitled to reject people using any criteria you want. It's your loss.

Well said Jetson.

I'm only a freshman and seeing as I'm not dating a senior, I won't be going to prom. However, I am attending the theatre banquet without a date. Neither of my two friends are bringing dates...actually, I don't know anyone in the theatre department who is bringing a date to the banquet...wow, we're kind of pathetic.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2005, 5:02 pm

I already went, alone as usual for all the dances I've gone too. You seem to ba a very judgemental person.

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2005, 5:14 pm

TaliDaRadical wrote:
BTW, I don't date interracially because people who do get dissed.

Are you thinking of wearing a pillow case on your head to your prom or something? I find that attitude a little unfortunate and narrow-minded to say the least, personally.....

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2005, 6:57 pm

I am still deciding whether or not to go to prom. If I do go, I won't have a date, but I won't be going alone. I'll probably end up going with a huge group of friends. It's my senior prom, so I think I should go.

Wow. You refuse to date anyone involved in the arts. Judgemental much? If he has to be the same ethnicity as you, the same religion as you, has to be majoring in premed, law, or engineering, and fit all of your other strict criteria perfectly, good luck finding someone.

pizzaboss
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2005, 8:37 pm

I went to the Prom with a group of friends and I had an enjoyable time, despite not having a date.

TheWhale
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Apr 2005, 5:55 am

I didn't go to my senior prom and wish I had. It is a once in a life experience and so what if you don't have a date? Just go, hang out with anyone you like and to hell with what the in-crowd thinks.

Jerry Newport
Salutatorian, Islip, NY High '66

PS: So guess who is coordinating the Islip class of 66 reunion for 2006? The guy who didn't go to the prom, living in Arizona :)

thechadmaster
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2005, 6:19 am

f**k prom, i am not going. it will be a cold day in hell before i get a date. I want a girlfriend but i get rejected all the time
Anyway Girlfriend+Love=Sin=Purgatory

Quote:
Sometime I wish someone out there will find me, till then i walk alone

-Green Day Boulevard of Broken Dreams

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2005, 6:51 am

TheWhale wrote:
I didn't go to my senior prom and wish I had. It is a once in a life experience and so what if you don't have a date? Just go, hang out with anyone you like and to hell with what the in-crowd thinks.

Jerry Newport
Salutatorian, Islip, NY High '66

PS: So guess who is coordinating the Islip class of 66 reunion for 2006? The guy who didn't go to the prom, living in Arizona :)

Jerry, best of luck with coordinating it. I think my father and you share the same grad year. That is good advice about going to just hang out. There are days I wish that was all I had done. *laughs* :)

platypus
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Apr 2005, 10:30 am

I tried to go to the prom by myself, but the school administrators wouldn't let me. :-( Fortunately, my grandmother was able to arrange a date for me.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2005, 12:32 am

No offence, but do you like anyone? If you have all these standards you're always going to be alone.

And i'm "artsy" and there's nothing wrong with me. :x

Tom
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2005, 8:43 am

wow. I haven't heard of anybody judging their fellow human beings so superficially since the days of Herman Goering!

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2005, 8:49 am

hale_bopp wrote:

I dare say there are some people who could give you an argument on that one.... :wink:

KingChaosNinja
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Apr 2005, 2:24 pm

Prom is redundant. It is saying that you would in fact rather waste a Friday night locked in a room with people you can't stand to be with just to dress up and eat mediocer food for eight hours. Not to mention the fact that you will probably spend a majority of the night listining to bad music.

Instead, me and my friends are having a party in my friend's back yard. We are going to have a big bon-fire and a band playing in the garage. There is a clear advantage to my party over prom.

*I picked this username 4 years ago when I was in high school. Don't hold it against me.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2005, 5:39 pm

TAFKASH wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

I dare say there are some people who could give you an argument on that one.... :wink:

Yeah but I'm also a science freak.