Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2014, 8:46 pm

It's just been announced that it's gonna happen. I guess it doesn't surprise me since there were rumors for a long time. How do I feel? Honestly I'm a little outraged. I just wanna point out that I absolutely love all 3 movies and that the third one did a really good wrap up ending. But that's what really ticks me off. I feel like this new movie is gonna ruin that ending. I mean isn't their story over? Do we really have to go through this all again? Are they gonna keep making more movies after this? John Lassender said that it's gonna be a "love story" and that's it. With such a great series like Toy Story it should always end at 3. If Shrek the Third was any good then those movies should have ended there but it wasn't so it didn't bother me when they made Shrek Forever After. I was a little mixed when they announced there were gonna be more Star Wars movies but I'm actually over that now and kinda wanna see J.J. Abrams new movie. So with Toy Story 4 I guess I'll get use to the fact that it's happening but I can't see myself being too excited. There's two ways that maybe Toy Story 4 could work without ruining Toy Story 3's ending.

1) Make it a prequel. Show us how Woody came into Andy's possession. It would mean not having Buzz Lightyear of course, but it still saves TS3's ending.

Or

2) Make it a spin off. Woody, Buzz and the rest of Andy's toy's story is over and the plot could be centered around Barbie, Ken and the rest off the Sunnyside toys or center it around Bonnie's toys and have it set before TS3.

Transyl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2014, 9:42 pm

Toy Story 3 made me cry just watching the commercials. Phenomenal film. One of the best trilogies easily.

Not sure how they can follow it up. Will wait and see.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2014, 6:26 am

I remember thinking Toy Story 3 was a bad idea giving how long it had been between it and the others, but I really don't think lightning is going to strike twice here.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2014, 7:22 pm

I'll see TS4 anyway. I do agree with many people who say that the quality of movies produced by PIXAR is now on the same level as animated movies outside of PIXAR, Dreamworks, and/or any other lesser-known animation studios.

Security_Code
Raven
Raven

09 Nov 2014, 6:38 pm

they need to do a movie/storry stand alone with nothing but sid. a cool storry aout him he's my favorite character and unlike the main on he's flawed. which is a bit better for story wise. imo.

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 1:17 am

Unless they are going to do a prequel of how Woody meet his friends or how Sid became psychopathic to toys in the first movie I don't see the point of yet another Toy Story film other than Iger era profiting of Pixar with a heavy number of sequels instead of new series.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 2:20 am

No.

Pixar, you sold out.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

Klowglas
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 2:29 am

You know what I find funny? The Toy Story movies are essentially The Brave Little Toaster over and over again! the Brave Little Toaster is built around the theme of unconditional love, drawing parallels between God/Man, which I don't even think the Toy Story movies or even the Brave Little Toaster did intentionally. Good art will always hint at these sort of allegories even if unintentional because they are reflecting upon something that we see or experience in real life, and so a need of unconditional love from a higher being is going to naturally filter through! What I find fascinating is that I really think it is totally unintentional.

But Toy Story 3 was wrapped with such a nice little bow at the end, it really doesn't demand a sequel. This just screams "we're out of ideas, let's go back to what we were good at!" I also question if Pixar is introducing any new blood into their creative circle. The problem with sustaining success is that no one is an endless well-spring of clever storylines and ideas.... Even acclaimed authors only manage to squeeze out a few note worthy stories before descending into obscurity. What I fear about pixar is that their creative circle is suffering from a generational nepotism that makes it harder for the newer blood to breach the circle, this happens to every group and in so many other facets of life. Even if they can acknowledge that the new blood is good, it might not be 'their kind' of 'good'. They do still make great movies but It does feel like the salad days are over, they're probably going to keep on making above-average movies that score 80% fresh on rottenomatoes, which is fine, as they are by no means poor or untalented story-tellers. They understand all the fundamentals and more, but I feel that the youthful passion is now gone, and most of the 'old guard' probably have complicating family lives by now, meaning they're not sitting around at home or in the shower, thinking about ideas, they are tending to their commitments.

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 9:22 am

Ganondox wrote:
No.

Pixar, you sold out.

They sure did.

I've been weary of all the shorts and specials they've been doing because the way they ended TS3 was just too brilliant and a perfect way to end the franchise. I didn't think Pixar would stoop any lower than the planned Cars 3, but come on...