Total votes : 49

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2015, 8:21 pm

sly279 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
NZ/Aus/GB/Canada.

so British commonwealth. I'm super glade to not been born in any of those.

can you tell me why?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2015, 8:31 pm

auntblabby wrote:
sly279 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
NZ/Aus/GB/Canada.

can you tell me why?

the US we are free people in the british commonwealth minus canada and nz, you're a peasant. you can't be trusted so the gov has cameras everywhere. they don't want you to defend yourself so defense is banned. you live and die to serve their power. no thanks.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2015, 8:36 pm

I'm a peasant here. there are peasants most places.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 12:26 am

sly279 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
sly279 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
NZ/Aus/GB/Canada.

can you tell me why?

the US we are free people in the british commonwealth minus canada and nz, you're a peasant. you can't be trusted so the gov has cameras everywhere. they don't want you to defend yourself so defense is banned. you live and die to serve their power. no thanks.

Those cameras actually exist to catch criminals, as they have with terrorists. So far, they have not been used to oppress law abiding people.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 2:14 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
sly279 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
NZ/Aus/GB/Canada.

can you tell me why?

Those cameras actually exist to catch criminals, as they have with terrorists. So far, they have not been used to oppress law abiding people.

The people lost their privacy.

Now their faces will captured from the video and matched to images of known terrorists, or maybe a database is built of their movements based on the excuse, "they could turn out to be terrorists".

People will be hurt. A small % will be "false positives" and have their life investigated, because their face is maybe a 89% match to a terrorist.

While everyone will be regarded as possible criminals by the computer video systems that will be constantly checking on them.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 2:39 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
sly279 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
NZ/Aus/GB/Canada.

can you tell me why?

Now their faces will captured from the video and matched to images of known terrorists, or maybe a database is built of their movements based on the excuse, "they could turn out to be terrorists".

People will be hurt. A small % will be "false positives" and have their life investigated, because their face is maybe a 89% match to a terrorist.

While everyone will be regarded as possible criminals by the computer video systems that will be constantly checking on them.

Has that happened yet?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2015, 10:23 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
sly279 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
NZ/Aus/GB/Canada.

can you tell me why?

You'll find there are a lot of people who could care less about government abuses or freedom in general as long as thie're giving out free stuff.

LyraLuthTinu
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2015, 6:32 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:

Methinks possibly some people are taking movies like EagleEye a little too seriously.

Not that I think excessive government surveillance is a good thing. But lax security is not good either.

Trouble is you can't find much agreement on where the healthy balance is. If there is no solid grasp of common morality, no amount of government force is enough to keep the populace under control (the selfish wicked segment) and safe (the moral but passive segment). Only the rugged individual "myself against the rest of the world" types can thrive in a society that has thrown out all moral, ethical and societal norms.

This is what comes of every man doing what is right in his own eyes. What's right in some people's eyes is to take whatever they feel they deserve no matter what, even if they have to harm everyone around them to acquire it all.

Official diagnosis: Austism Spectrum Disorder Level One, without learning disability, without speech/language delay; Requiring Support